Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 09:18 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times

Advertisements

What is this? He was born in the US and lived here only for the first two years of his life. Neither of Furkan Dogan's parents are US citizens. Was he in fact a "citizen" anchor baby whose parents actually returned to their homeland of Turkey?

The Forgotten American | The American Task Force on Palestine

Hmmmmmmmm....wonder what the ties of Ayers and Dorne were, if any, to that Turkish ad for "aid" volunteers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
UN Fact-Finding Mission: Israeli Killing Of US Citizen Was "Execution"

Israel and the majority of it's citizens are likely the cruelest, most pathetic country on the face of the Earth. They put Serbians to shame.
Hey OP, did you express similar outrage when Palestinian terrorists executed the disabled American hostage Leon Klinghoffer on the hijacked cruise ship the Achilli Lauro in 1985; or, does anti-semitism dictate that Klinghoffer's death was a-ok but Dogan's somehow is not because he was not Jewish?

Achille Lauro Hijacking

Old 09-30-2010, 09:33 PM

54 posts, read 56,074 times
God people on here make me sick. Care more about that terrorist state than an American Citizen. Sickening.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeToRead View Post
God people on here make me sick. Care more about that terrorist state than an American Citizen. Sickening.
Fukan Dogan was born here and not of parents who were citizens. He was a citizen in name only unless there is some other proof, an "anchor baby" of age 19? Did he register at age 18 for the selective service as is required of male citizens of the US? Did he file a tax return in the US? Did he register to vote? Did he return to claim his US citizenship at the age of 18? Did he exercise any rights or responsibilites of US citizenship other than being born on US soil?

Why was Fukan Dogan affiliating with Insani Yardim Vakfi (a.k.a. IHH) a known terror organization?

Answer me those questions please before you get too sick.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:32 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Just blow up Israel. To hell with them.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:55 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
First off, where in the report did it say the bullet that killed him was fired by an Israeli soldier? When the Israeli soldiers boarded the ship, they were attacked and in some cases, their guns taken from them. He could have been shot during the initial attack in which the Israeli soldiers were fighting to defend themselves and he was in the crossfire or he could have been executed by his fellow passengers to be used as a martyr for the cause against Israel.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:19 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So a us "citizen" took part in an illegal "flotilla" with ties to Hezbollah and this makes the Israelis cruel by enforcing their laws how exactly? If this guy had a clue he would not have placed himself in such a position.
Their laws don't require a trial before execution?

Old 10-01-2010, 05:18 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,343 times
Quote:

Israel and the majority of it's citizens are likely the cruelest, most pathetic country on the face of the Earth. They put Serbians to shame.
This is USS Liberty all over again.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:49 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Gee, wonder how long it'll be before the Israeli apologists are tossing out the anti-Semite card?
It's not criticism of Israel that makes me suspect anti-Semitism, but rather how Israel is criticized.

For instance:

Quote:

Notice how Israel is likely the worst nation on Earth? As opposed to North Korea or Russia or Iran or Saudi Arabia or pretty much any country with a FAR human rights record or aggressive foreign policy. How come I never hear this people ever mention any of these nations? Okay, sometimes they mention Saudi Arabia, but only to bring up the fact that it is officially an American ally.

Now, I am not too familiar with the incident in question, but from what I do know, it does sound like Israel is in the wrong regards the events that took place after the vessel was boarded. But do not act like a very similar incident would not have likely happened with any other Middle Eastern country.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:54 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Now, I am not too familiar with the incident in question, but from what I do know, it does sound like Israel is in the wrong regards the events that took place after the vessel was boarded. But do not act like a very similar incident would not have likely happened with any other Middle Eastern country.
My point is there are many here who defended Israel's actions immediately after this incident when little/nothing was known about what actually happened, these are the same folks who chant 'Anti-Semite!' at the mere hint of someone accusing Israel of any wrong doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies