Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Saxby Chambliss's apology is sincere?
Yes 12 35.29%
No 18 52.94%
Not sure 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 08:24 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
He is not a gay friendly individual. Period. That is his track record.

And it doesn't have anything to do with being PC. This is a man who, along with others, has not a problem discriminating against individuals. None whatsoever.
He doesnt have to be. But that also doesnt mean we should hold someone else making a comment against him.He didnt say it and you are wanting to hold him accountable for someone elses comments. Heck lets apply that to you then shall we?

Yes it very much has to do with PC. You cant say anything now a days without someone being offended.

He is not discriminating against anyone. He actually fired the person that said it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 08:29 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
He's sorry it was heard by someone that cared. That's about all that apology says.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:55 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Progressives the true thought police.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:43 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Default Do you believe Saxby Chambliss's apology is sincere?

Sin sear, maybe.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Cause he's one of those gays that love pushing the gay agenda down everyone's throats
That's what the anti-gay crowd says every time there's a news story that makes gays look like a sympathetic group. Too bad for the anti-gay crowd - it's not working. In fact, I think I should make a promise to you: Every time someone accuses me of "pushing the gay agenda" down someone's throat, I'm going to post another gay-related news story.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:51 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Stop all the whining. Certain groups are never satisfied.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:45 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Why does anyone think he should have apologized for something someone else said? the only one who should apologize is the one who said it and thats if they want to apologize if not so be it.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:52 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Why does anyone think he should have apologized for something someone else said? the only one who should apologize is the one who said it and thats if they want to apologize if not so be it.
The person who made the comments worked for Chambliss, so what they do/say reflects on the Senator.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:55 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The person who made the comments worked for Chambliss, so what they do/say reflects on the Senator.
Not in my eyes, whoever said it is the one responsable, you really can't blame anyone else i know people do but it's wrong.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:48 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
He doesnt have to be. But that also doesnt mean we should hold someone else making a comment against him.He didnt say it and you are wanting to hold him accountable for someone elses comments. Heck lets apply that to you then shall we?

Yes it very much has to do with PC. You cant say anything now a days without someone being offended.

He is not discriminating against anyone. He actually fired the person that said it.
Against my better judgement, I will try to explain this.

I want to hold him accountable for his history. Do I think he was sincere? No. In the grand scheme of things his apology for what happened in his office by a third party is fine. Do I think that this was heartfelt? No. I think he took the necessary steps to avoid a big toodoo before election time. There isn't anything honorable in it. Because it doesn't erase his stance on issues or his past behavior. There was no honor in his ad campaign against McClelland. There was no honor in his actions with the Imperial Sugar refinery explosion. Yet, all of a sudden he has behaved honorably? I don't think so. I think he did the "politically correct" thing and everyone applauded him and then he is "all good".

His stance on the DADT is discriminatory. His co-sponsering of an amendment to define "tradional marriage" is discriminatory. His wanting a constitutional ban of same sex marriage is discriminatory. His apology does not change this. It has nothing to do with PC. He has no business being in a position of power. He really doesn't. His past actions reflect that LGBT are second class citizens. It is horrendous and unacceptable in 2010 and does immeasurable harm to society. It was unacceptable before 2010.

It is time that, as a society, we looked these "family values" cornflakes in the eye and told them that there is no value in devaluing others. None.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies