Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 12:11 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,935,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I don't see how. Marijuana causes users to do stupid and dangerous things. The same retards who smoked it when it was a criminal offense will smoke even more now and the problems will multiply. If they are going to do this much, they should also allow limited production by well regulated producers here in the US and tax it like cigarettes and alcohol. If we have to put up with loser pot smokers spending their welfare checks on weed, we could at least get some of that money back through a pot tax and end the importation of weed and the crime that comes with it.

Marijuana causes no more crime or health issues than alcohol. In fact I'd venture to say alcohol causes way more damage to society than weed for the simple fact that potheads aren't violent. Pretty much every violent, aggressive or beligerrant person I've every had the misfortune of running into has been drunk or on crystal meth. With over 15 yeas of experience tending bar, waiting tables, bouncing and playing in bands I'd like to think that I've got a pretty good sample size to base my opinions on. I'm sure most police officers would tell you the same thing that I'm saying.

Plus, IMO, there isn't any moral ground someone can stand on when saying it's OK to drink yourself stupid but you cannot smoke pot.

Why?

Because you don't like it? Because you don't like the way people that use pot look or like their music or politics? Too bad!

For the record I don't like pot and don't use it, just not my thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 12:17 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Well it's a good start but it is still not legal but getting the equivalent of a speeding ticket as opposed
to a criminal record is a step in the right direction.

MARIJUANA DECRIMINALIZED in CALIFORNIA | Stuff Stoners Like
One more reason not to move to the People's Republic of Kalifornia.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:21 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitem3 View Post
You roll some mighty big joints
It takes one of those rolling papers that came with Cheech & Chong's Big Bambu album to roll
one of those doobies! I still have my album complete with rolling paper, it's in storage and might be
worth a bundle some day!

Old 10-04-2010, 01:55 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
So you are all for arresting people who are exercising their rights? Whose rights are they denying by smoking weed?
There should be no fine whatsoever. But you have to celebrate the little victories on the way to freedom. Long Live the Constitution! Way to go California!

Old 10-04-2010, 02:35 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Well it's a good start but it is still not legal but getting the equivalent of a speeding ticket as opposed
to a criminal record is a step in the right direction.

MARIJUANA DECRIMINALIZED in CALIFORNIA | Stuff Stoners Like
Golly, I thought from your title that they had held their election a month early and come to find out that Arnie wants to be the "good" guy and he is not even running for office.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:35 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Because they're decriminalizing a product that's no worse than alcohol?

Old 10-04-2010, 02:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
The people of California tend to be socially libertarian, so that'll work out just fine.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:36 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I don't see how. Marijuana causes users to do stupid and dangerous things. The same retards who smoked it when it was a criminal offense will smoke even more now and the problems will multiply. If they are going to do this much, they should also allow limited production by well regulated producers here in the US and tax it like cigarettes and alcohol. If we have to put up with loser pot smokers spending their welfare checks on weed, we could at least get some of that money back through a pot tax and end the importation of weed and the crime that comes with it.
oh please, kinda like some moron texting while driving a car, that is even more dangerous!!

Old 10-07-2010, 10:08 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Can one of the pro-government progressive neo-con-munists on this thread show me where in the Constitution there was a provision to make marijuana illegal? Just curious. Mmmmmm-k?

Old 10-07-2010, 10:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
IT has not been "decriminalized". What has happened is that possession of of 1 oz or less (about one joint) has been made a misdemeanor punishable by a $100 fine instead of bringing more serious charges.

Duuude! Is your last name, Chong or Marin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies