Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2010, 11:19 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times

Advertisements

We've lost so many patriotic and talented American soldiers through don't ask don't tell....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 03:57 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Says who? You?

As adults in a free country, I think we all can decide for ourselves what we do with our own bodies, and what is right for us as individuals.
So you are agreeig with me then! You are free to decide what you want to do with your body regardless of what it is designed to do? So you don't have anything to say about a smoker right... after all he's just doing what he wants with his body. Or are you a double standard kinda homosexual who also fights against 2nd hand smoke while getting it in the rear at the same time? I'm so tired on condescending liberal double speak. Don't tell me what to do but I'll show you what to believe, do as I say not as I do, educated arrogance.

You all seriously make me sick. You decide that perversions are ok but if someone eats meat or smokes or believes in God then we are the lunatics. Look in the mirror and get a clue, you are exactly what you hate.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
yes, it would. If you say that we as humans should only use our bodies as they are intended for their functioning purpose, then that means that you would fundamentally be against oral sex.

You see, you can't make a valid argument by picking and chosing which body parts are to be used for funcionality only.
Licking and swallowing are exactly what the mouth is intended to be doing.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I agree,,it is good to be happy and gay....gay means happy
except when it comes to sex. Love the wife, love the life.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:39 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Oh, one more thing. I've heard time and again that gay people believe they are born gay. Fine. If that is indeed the case, please prove it.
What would convince you that gay people are born gay?

I have never been heterosexual a day in my life. I am not nor will I ever be attracted to women in any fashion other than as friends or as people to admire. At no point did I ever face a choice in whom I found myself attracted to.

Now, replace all the gender and orientation references in the above paragraph to fit your heterosexual situation. If the result reads like your reality, then perhaps you have your proof. My life is the same as yours except that I was born gay just as you claim that you were born heterosexual.

Another thing about being born gay...the only people who can answer this are gay people. No heterosexual can possibly answer this question for anyone other than themselves.

Now, with that settled, all I want is to be treated equally under the law. The love in my heart is no different from yours.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 10-06-2010 at 07:56 PM..

Old 10-06-2010, 07:43 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
So you are agreeig with me then! You are free to decide what you want to do with your body regardless of what it is designed to do? So you don't have anything to say about a smoker right... after all he's just doing what he wants with his body. Or are you a double standard kinda homosexual who also fights against 2nd hand smoke while getting it in the rear at the same time? I'm so tired on condescending liberal double speak. Don't tell me what to do but I'll show you what to believe, do as I say not as I do, educated arrogance.

You all seriously make me sick. You decide that perversions are ok but if someone eats meat or smokes or believes in God then we are the lunatics. Look in the mirror and get a clue, you are exactly what you hate.
This is actually funny. The poster doesn't understand the difference between personal sexual habits and second-hand smoke that affects nonsmokers.

And I never said a word about smoking or eating meat, so I'm not sure how he came up with that response.

For the record, I do eat meat every day - not that that has anything to do with it!

Old 10-06-2010, 07:51 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Not all homosexuals are liberals. Would you please stop stereotyping? Not every liberal is anti-smoking and anti-religion, nor are they perverts. You are using a very wide brush to paint reality and are missing the important details.

I am gay and I hate smoking. I oppose coming into contact with second hand smoke because I have a choice in what happens to my body and I don't want somebody else's habit to destroy my health. Yes, I can leave, but I should be entitled to fresh air, and so should you and everyone else for that matter.

I am gay and I dislike the fact that we are addicted to meat. Why? Because so much of our crops are used to feed the animals when they could be used to feed people. What we do to animals is disgusting and eating meat means we are eating their pain and misery. I'll eat meat, but I would like us to not demand it at the detriment of the animals with which we share this planet.

I am gay and I find the major religions to be silly and no longer relevant in a world that has produced scientific answers to issues. To adhere to faith when the facts tell a different story is the same as stupidity. It shows the power behind religious brainwashing, something I choose to avoid and tell others to avoid.

I am gay and I'm not a pervert. I am not addicted to sex, I am only attracted to men. Having been raised to believe in sexual taboos, I have matured enough to realize that sexuality is as vast universe as is the range of human emotions. It's not for me to judge when the participants are consenting and rational. It is a waste of my time and energy, just as it is yours, to spend any energy judging someone else.

Now, would you like me to discuss the issues for which I am highly conservative, or have I adequately imparted how much stereotyping and judging lead to incorrect conclusions?

Old 10-06-2010, 08:47 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
That is one thing I don't understand about many homosexuals. I believe homosexuality is unnatural and I believe marriage is between a man and a woman.

That said I don't hate homosexuals and i understand where they are coming from.

However any time (as evident on this forum) I or anyone else expresses our opinion then the homosexuals start name calling (homophobe etc), saying were are "haters" backward, ignorant, the list goes on and on. . .

Why can't they separate a debate, an opinion and not take it personally? Why can't they understand it is not a personal attack just a belief.
Why does your belief trump the other person's belief, and how does it justify denying that person equal access to privileges you can enjoy? It doesn't hurt anyone but could certainly benefit many. Why hold on to arbitrary definitions?

Old 10-07-2010, 12:57 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
That is one thing I don't understand about many homosexuals. I believe homosexuality is unnatural and I believe marriage is between a man and a woman.

That said I don't hate homosexuals and i understand where they are coming from.

However any time (as evident on this forum) I or anyone else expresses our opinion then the homosexuals start name calling (homophobe etc), saying were are "haters" backward, ignorant, the list goes on and on. . .

Why can't they separate a debate, an opinion and not take it personally? Why can't they understand it is not a personal attack just a belief.
Yeah, I agree. And when I say that people who share the opinions you've expressed are stupid Neanderthals, why do they take it personally? I mean - it's just my belief. Some people are hypersensitive, I guess.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Not all homosexuals are liberals. Would you please stop stereotyping? Not every liberal is anti-smoking and anti-religion, nor are they perverts. You are using a very wide brush to paint reality and are missing the important details.

I am gay and I hate smoking. I oppose coming into contact with second hand smoke because I have a choice in what happens to my body and I don't want somebody else's habit to destroy my health. Yes, I can leave, but I should be entitled to fresh air, and so should you and everyone else for that matter.

I am gay and I dislike the fact that we are addicted to meat. Why? Because so much of our crops are used to feed the animals when they could be used to feed people. What we do to animals is disgusting and eating meat means we are eating their pain and misery. I'll eat meat, but I would like us to not demand it at the detriment of the animals with which we share this planet.

I am gay and I find the major religions to be silly and no longer relevant in a world that has produced scientific answers to issues. To adhere to faith when the facts tell a different story is the same as stupidity. It shows the power behind religious brainwashing, something I choose to avoid and tell others to avoid.

I am gay and I'm not a pervert. I am not addicted to sex, I am only attracted to men. Having been raised to believe in sexual taboos, I have matured enough to realize that sexuality is as vast universe as is the range of human emotions. It's not for me to judge when the participants are consenting and rational. It is a waste of my time and energy, just as it is yours, to spend any energy judging someone else.

Now, would you like me to discuss the issues for which I am highly conservative, or have I adequately imparted how much stereotyping and judging lead to incorrect conclusions?
I can't think of a time that I've ever felt the need to preface a sentence with "I am a heterosexual", nor felt the need to make anyone aware of it "as matter of factly" ever in my life. I don't shove my straightness in anyones' face the way gayness is shoved in mine and my families face on a daily basis. To make your sexual tendencies, whether perverted or not, a matter of public knowledge, let alone to be proud in doing so, in and of itself is obsurd.

But then I'm just someone who was raised in a time when things like pride and honor was held to a higher standard, I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies