Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 11:38 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,096,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You pick the test and I will go against you any time you want to see who knows the most about American History. Be sure to make it easy enough for you to handle it.
A good example of why it is dangerous to make assumptions about nameless, faceless people on the internet. If you actually knew to whom you were speaking I doubt very much that you would issue such a challenge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 04:51 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,359,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
A good example of why it is dangerous to make assumptions about nameless, faceless people on the internet. If you actually knew to whom you were speaking I doubt very much that you would issue such a challenge.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

What an answer.

If you're so danged smart, take the challenge.

By golly, I know the chief of police in my town......NYAH NYAH
!

Old 10-02-2010, 11:29 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,834,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Sigh.
The point was that an ideology called "Anti-colonialism" is behind the perplexing behavior of BHO.

He caps American offshore drilling, but subsidizes Brazil and Mexico to drill offshore.
He deliberately reduces American oil production, while encouraging oil production in other countries.

He is deliberately trying to deconstruct America, because he believes America is "colonial" in its foreign policy... exploiting the third world. And he appears to believe that America has to devolve from first world status, for "social justice" and "sharing the wealth" to occur.

Now, if that's your idea of an "American" president, congratulations - he's your man.
How Obama Thinks - Forbes.com

The President's actions are so bizarre that they mystify his critics and supporters alike. Consider this headline from the Aug. 18, 2009 issue of the Wall Street Journal: "Obama Underwrites Offshore Drilling." Did you read that correctly? You did. The Administration supports offshore drilling--but drilling off the shores of Brazil. With Obama's backing, the U.S. Export-Import Bank offered $2 billion in loans and guarantees to Brazil's state-owned oil company Petrobras to finance exploration in the Santos Basin near Rio de Janeiro--not so the oil ends up in the U.S. He is funding Brazilian exploration so that the oil can stay in Brazil.

What D'Souza fails to note is that the Export-Import Bank was controlled by Bush appointees at the time the decision to loan the money to Brazil was made. A loan to be used to promote U.S. products in the Brazilian Oil Industry.

While we can speculate what decision Obama appointees would have made, there is just no logical way to use that loan as insight into Obama.

Old 10-02-2010, 03:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Are you a liberal leaning professor, or something? What books have you written about history? I will admit that I have only taken about 72 hours of history, mostly American and Constitutional but I did teach both American and World history for over 25 years in high school.

I guess I just am not afraid of you until you give me a list of your published works and maybe not then.

Old 10-02-2010, 03:49 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,094,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Glenn Beck isn't too empathetic with the 9/11 victims.

YouTube - Glenn Beck: "I hate 9/11 victims families for asking questions"
Glenn is not empathetic to those of them that are milking the system for attention and handouts over a year or more later. Neither am I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies