Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 08:12 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Cuz gawd don't exist.

Prove your contention. It is amazing that liberals ALWAYS suggest that those who believe in God are backward, gullible rubes, and that they, as a liberal, are blessed with superior intellect and the "God given" exclusive ability to engage in rational thought. Quite the opposite is true, and it is similar to the smug satisfaction of an infant executing his first bowel movement on the toilet- quite an accomplishment when one's capacity for more advanced achievements is limited.

Do you believe in the dual wave/particle nature of light? Do you believe in black holes? Do you believe in gravity? Do you believe in stars?

The physical universe is full of entities for which we can observe and witness INDIRECT effects, yet cannot actually see or measure directly. The fact that we cannot observe these objects or phenomenon does not make them imaginary.

We can observe the work of God in our world on a daily basis, but I am not aware of a living mortal who has seen God. The same is true of many scientific phenomena that we take for granted in our daily lives. Great men throughout time have believed and trusted in God, while liberals do not. I am afraid that I will rest my confidence in the intellectual giants of our times and disregard the contentions of smug pseudo-intellectuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 08:15 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,706,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
This is a funny thread. Obviously, the believers are outraged. They cannot answer the OP, so they decide to personally attack the OP and run away, a traditional christian tactic.
obviously the the believers are outraged

yes, they are outraged, can't you tell by their hateful comments

Old 10-04-2010, 08:18 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,706,841 times
Quote:
This certainly confirms what I've suspected for years, that god is a republican, probably as far to the right as possible.
yes because we all know that Time magazine is such a conservative magazine.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:19 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Satan won this round?

Old 10-04-2010, 09:13 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,324,645 times
Quote:
I think that those with faith have absolutely no other interests at heart except their own.
Wow!...now that's telling...

I'll let that stand on it's own...

Old 10-04-2010, 09:15 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Prove your contention. It is amazing that liberals ALWAYS suggest that those who believe in God are backward, gullible rubes, and that they, as a liberal, are blessed with superior intellect and the "God given" exclusive ability to engage in rational thought. Quite the opposite is true, and it is similar to the smug satisfaction of an infant executing his first bowel movement on the toilet- quite an accomplishment when one's capacity for more advanced achievements is limited.

Do you believe in the dual wave/particle nature of light? Do you believe in black holes? Do you believe in gravity? Do you believe in stars?

The physical universe is full of entities for which we can observe and witness INDIRECT effects, yet cannot actually see or measure directly. The fact that we cannot observe these objects or phenomenon does not make them imaginary.

We can observe the work of God in our world on a daily basis, but I am not aware of a living mortal who has seen God. The same is true of many scientific phenomena that we take for granted in our daily lives. Great men throughout time have believed and trusted in God, while liberals do not. I am afraid that I will rest my confidence in the intellectual giants of our times and disregard the contentions of smug pseudo-intellectuals.
Much of scientific phenomena is not taken for granted, it can be proven.
Christians lean toward anti-intellectual explanations.
You can choose to believe the concepts that suit you best.
Religious beliefs around the world are varied. Should all of them should be considered as valid?

Old 10-04-2010, 09:18 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
You may see where I'm going, but I have no idea where your going...

And or why your choosing to personalize this...

respond to the question...don't take jabs at me...for if I start taking jabs at you, you won't like it...

Answer the question...

Why did Obama win, even though so many Christains prayed for him not to..

1. God choose to ignore their prayers...and if so why??

2. God doesnt exist...therefore prayer is meaningless??

3. God could careless about the affairs of man??

Which one??
God was made in the image/imagination of man. Evidence of this is when your God hates people of other viewpoints or cultures.

http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/ar...ent-obama.aspx

Old 10-04-2010, 09:21 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
I'm not sure if this belongs here, or in the religious section...

But this is an issue I've never had explained to me...

I just remember before the election...it seemed every and all people of religious persuation...(political religious) prayed that Obama wouldn't win...

And he ended up winning anyhow...
Why?

1. God doesn't exist, and therefore prayers are meaningless...?

2. Those sending up prayers were sending up 'sour' prayers which weren't motivated out of love, in which god did not respond..?

3. God let's man handle their own affairs..?

Everyone thinks God is on their side, from political parties to sporting fans, to nations to induvisuals...

Why do we, as humans, splice God up like a pie?

Who's side is God really on?

What if it's Gods will, that Obama wins again...how will those who politicize christanity react??

Does God even care about the affairs of man??

We have free will and vote our will, so I prayed before and during 2008 elections that circumstances would allow Americans to get out and vote. It beats the alternative

Old 10-04-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Your argument is stupid. It lacks any intellectual honesty and is specifically designed to promote an emotional reaction.

Go and play in the courtyard child, the adults are talking.
The OP's points and questions are logical and reasonable. The ability to reason and think logically is sorely lacking in many people of religious persuasion.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Maybe God let Obama win so that the country would see first hand just how disastrous progressive liberal lunatics are for our country and never elect one again.
Why do you think God let GWB win?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies