Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 09:26 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The OP isn't too bright, for some stupid reason, they think God is like a genie, there to grant wishes or something... obviously they have no clue what "religion" is other than to think it is a wish-granting organization...
Exactly! Prayers are no more effective than the placebo! That has actually been proven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
The position of your question was preempted with a conclusion. the questions you purpose do not answer the question.

You make ignorant statements and then lead into a discussion that is irrelevant to your main premise. If you wish to discuss if God exists and the following, why not lead your questions to that of the religious forum rather than inciting a political debate to a position that is vague and without purpose other than to attack religion in general?

If you truly wish to know why, then pick the religion you assume to blame and study it to find your answers. I find your posts nothing more than ignorant inflammatory accusations in order to incite conflict with others.

If you were so willing to seek such answers, you would have sought the proper forum and channels of information. All you do here is to troll. Pathetic.
I notice a lot of angry responses on this thread. I wonder why.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
you obviously don't know much about God. Obama claimes that he is a Christian. McCain didn't really talk about religion (which is his own personal belief anyway) but, I think that hurt him. G.W. Bush was a commited Christian, and I believe that helped him win the close elections.

Sometimes people pray for the wrong things. Praying to win the lottery won't work praying for your wife who has breast cancer is a better example of useful prayer.
God is on the side of truth. There was an article in Time magazine (early 2008?) that described how an Obama victory was the best thing for the REPUBLICANS Of course, I didn't believe that... until I read it. The GOP was in a bad situation by 2008. The wars & economy were wearing on the entire country. Bush was hung out to dry by his own party (and Rumsfeld, etc.) He was not an effective president once the dems took over in 2007.
Your point is that God is actually a political analyst kind of like Karl Rove?

Old 10-04-2010, 09:37 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
God was made in the image/imagination of man. Evidence of this is when your God hates people of other viewpoints or cultures.

A Hateful "Sermon" Against President Obama
Although I appreciate your response, your kinda getting off point and 'personalizing' it...

This is not an attack on 'God' or 'people of faith'...

It's simply a question about, or if God does or doesn't respond to prayers...

And how so many prayers of conservatives Christians could be ignored concerning the election of the President...

And have they learned anything from it?
And what happens if Obama wins again?

I mean what if it's simply 'Gods will' that Obama wins again?

How will political Christians reconsile with that?

Old 10-04-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
God could careless about who leads in thsi coutnry or world. You need to read the bible to see that he never opposed rulers in the old world. His concern is with the next world.This earth is not the kingdom.
You may want to read about King David, ect.........in the OT.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Although I appreciate your response, your kinda getting off point and 'personalizing' it...

This is not an attack on 'God' or 'people of faith'...

It's simply a question about, or if God does or doesn't respond to prayers...

And how so many prayers of conservatives Christians could be ignored concerning the election of the President...

And have they learned anything from it?
And what happens if Obama wins again?

I mean what if it's simply 'Gods will' that Obama wins again?

How will political Christians reconsile with that?
I am addressing the prayer end of the process. Why people pray what they do. Why their prayers are not answered in obvious, their imaginary god does not exist!

Old 10-04-2010, 10:17 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
you obviously don't know much about God. Obama claimes that he is a Christian. McCain didn't really talk about religion (which is his own personal belief anyway) but, I think that hurt him. G.W. Bush was a commited Christian, and I believe that helped him win the close elections...
There are millions of Christians who do not think Bush was a committed Christian at all, but simply used Evangelical Christians for votes because Karl Rove told him to It is widely known throughout foreign media that the Neocons abuse Christianity the same way Al Qaeda abuses Islam:

The Power of Nightmares

Old 10-04-2010, 10:19 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Time and Space? You do realize a lot of Americans vote for "issues" instead of religion right? We aren't all bat s h i t crazy!

Old 10-04-2010, 10:38 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am addressing the prayer end of the process. Why people pray what they do. Why their prayers are not answered in obvious, their imaginary god does not exist!
My prayers are always answered. You know that saying, be careful for what you wish for? I'm careful for what I pray for...However, most who know Jesus recognize that God has a plan. We may not know what that plan is, because it is not a plan for us to know.

Like in string theory, everything is connected.
Some prayers are foolish so therefore they go unrecognized.

The choices man makes reveals the acts of God.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:07 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
The OPs question while understandable shows a profound lack of knowlege concerning God, His plan, and Biblical teachings.

I once heard it explained this way: God is not in control but he is in charge.

We as humans have free will because if we didn't we would just be puppets. God lets us make our own decisons.

So God does not stop or change who we vote in as president. He knows who is going to win of course, and the outcome.

And of course God is not on any political parties "side" He wants the best for all his people.
Barack won because the majority of voters picked him whether it was good judgement or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies