Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you react to heterosexuals who are anti-homosexual?
I usually agree with them 25 19.08%
I usually disagree with them 88 67.18%
I'm neutral on the subject 18 13.74%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 10:17 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,942,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
So because you don't see it, it doesn't exist? Is that really what you're trying to say? Do you pay any attention to national news? There have been 6 young men (between 13 & 19) who have killed themselves in the last month over the bullying they endure! Are you trying to say that mistreatment of gays doesn't exist? If you don't see it, you are either blind or have your head buried so deep in the sand that you probably can't see the sunshine, either.
you need to listen to the news, did you know that native american youths have the HIGHEST rate of teen suicide in the country? The suicide rates for native American youth are 1.5 to 3 times higher than that of other ethnicities in the United States and suicide is the second leading cause of death for Indian youth between the ages of 15 and 24. yet nobody says anything about it?? nobody is doing anything, nobody is bringing it up no one is giving any national attention to this and this aint nothin new its been this way for years what i am saying is what about the other kids who have killed themselves they dont deserve any attention especially when its been a huge problem for years?????

Old 10-05-2010, 10:30 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
you need to listen to the news, did you know that native american youths have the HIGHEST rate of teen suicide in the country? The suicide rates for native American youth are 1.5 to 3 times higher than that of other ethnicities in the United States and suicide is the second leading cause of death for Indian youth between the ages of 15 and 24. yet nobody says anything about it?? nobody is doing anything, nobody is bringing it up no one is giving any national attention to this and this aint nothin new its been this way for years what i am saying is what about the other kids who have killed themselves they dont deserve any attention especially when its been a huge problem for years?????
Which is exactly why we have to put a stop to ALL bullying! There is no excuse for anyone to treat another human being as if they are 'less' - NO REASON AT ALL!

Old 10-05-2010, 10:33 AM

144 posts, read 120,895 times
Quote:
Which is exactly why we have to put a stop to ALL bullying! There is no excuse for anyone to treat another human being as if they are 'less' - NO REASON AT ALL!
Uhh, duh! Yeah there is. How else are we going to feel good about ourselves?

Old 10-05-2010, 10:34 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,613,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Straight people can choose who they sleep with too. But neither straight nor gay people can choose who they're attracted to.
We don't give pedophiles a pass, do we? Immoral is immoral.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:34 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
The marriage is not a civil right! It's a religious practice! Sorry but we can't change the religions just to accommodate the failed ones!
Civil unions are not really a right neither but they can have it! In my country the state doesn't have anything to do with the marriage! People get married at the city council then at the church (does that are not religious remain just with the civil union made by the state). The marriage at the church is not official!
Actually I think that just in US the marriage made by the church is recognized by state!
Before you go shooting your mouth off about something you are completely ignorant of, (or are you just pretending to be disingenuous?) I would suggest reading up on laws in the US.
One has to get a marriage license from the STATE to be married here.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Which ultimately leads back to fear. Maybe they don't scream in horror when they see a gay person, but many people who don't want to associate with gay people are afraid on a more subconscious and subtle level. They're afraid they might become gay or see something inside themselves they would rather not see. Or they're afraid they will burn in Hell or anger God if they associate with gays because of their beliefs. Doesn't matter the reasoning, it ultimately leads back to fear. People hate and avoid what they fear.
but i have to disagree still might not be fear so to speak could be just plain disgust, i dont know the person who said it needs to respond to explain it

Old 10-05-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
still doesnt answer the question on why no one addresses issues like the highest teen sucide rate is from native kids

Old 10-05-2010, 10:45 AM

144 posts, read 120,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
We don't give pedophiles a pass, do we? Immoral is immoral.
Pedophiles touch unwilling, defensless underaged children.

Further, who says it's immoral?

Old 10-05-2010, 10:46 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,613,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael0603 View Post
Pedophiles touch unwilling, defensless underaged children.

Further, who says it's immoral?
It's still a sexual immorality, regardless of if there is an underage victim or not.

And who says it's NOT immoral?

Old 10-05-2010, 10:53 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,052,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
It's still a sexual immorality, regardless of if there is an underage victim or not.

And who says it's NOT immoral?
The only time it is immoral is if it is an underage person, end of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies