Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you react to heterosexuals who are anti-homosexual?
I usually agree with them 25 19.08%
I usually disagree with them 88 67.18%
I'm neutral on the subject 18 13.74%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 03:42 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I don't know that it's wise to change an institution as old as marriage for a fringe minority.

If I'm discriminated against based on my religion, it's because I told someone my religion.

I don't see a reason to be discussing sex with my landlord or boss.

I think I've done a reasonable job at arguing against the pro-homosexual geniuses here in regards to it.

Thank you. I'm sorry if I haven't let you get it sidetracked.
If you are a heterosexual how has allowing a person that is a homosexual or a lesbian get married changed marriage for you?

You get to married the person of your choice.

They get to marry the person of their choice.

You live your life as you please.

They live their live's as they please.

Sounds like everybody is getting the right to do what they want.

If every human institution didn’t change based on your fears of what’s “wise” then the human race would not progress very far.

After all the Catholic Church once thought that all the planets revolved around the earth and anybody who thought differently was a heretic.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:01 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
If you are a heterosexual how has allowing a person that is a homosexual or a lesbian get married changed marriage for you?
It defines a new class of marriage to serve a fringe group. What group is next? Polygamists?
Quote:

You get to married the person of your choice.
The law has never guaranteed a right to marry the person of choice.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies