Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much discrimination is there against whites in the United States?
A lot 38 27.94%
Some 33 24.26%
A little 26 19.12%
None 39 28.68%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 04:33 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times

Advertisements

[quote=JohKnip;16135033]
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

You seemed to forget to underline and bold the "...compared to black people back [in the] mid to early 1900s and beyond." part. White and black people do have it very easy compared to black people of that time, and if you don't understand why you may need to read up on some U.S. History.

Relevance?

Black people today have it easier than blacks of that era. Has what to do with what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 04:52 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Relevance?

Black people today have it easier than blacks of that era. Has what to do with what?
The point the other poster was making that I was agreeing with is the fact that we (white people) are not being discriminated against in today's society (the whole point of the thread, How white people are discriminated against) when/if you realize what is true discriminated that has happened only about 50 years ago. Hell even if you completely ignore what happened 50 years ago I honestly can't tell how white people are being discriminated against in today's society. You can't really ignore the past, and because some people remember what happened in the past, those same people don't see what is happening to white people today as discrimination.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:32 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
This question is just...dumb. Kind of like asking how rich people feel discriminated against. Please.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:10 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,706,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
According to Matt Taibbi of Rolling Stone Magazine, the Tea Party is full of whites who believe that they are an oppressed minority in the Age Of Obama.

I'm white, and I don't believe I've ever been discriminated against on the basis of my skin color. I know some whites have, but I think it's very rare. Can any whites here describe situations where they're been discriminated against based on their skin color?

Ref: Tea & Crackers | Rolling Stone Politics
certain job sectors. Construction, fast food, etc. Libs refer to these jobs as the ones that Americans won't do

Old 10-04-2010, 09:02 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,126 times
Saying white people are never discriminated against is just as ridiculous as Rick Sanchez's comment about Jewish people facing no discrimination.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:06 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Someone said it on TV the other day "Talking to the Tea Party is like reasoning with a Zombie"

Old 10-04-2010, 09:31 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,883 times
Quote:
According to Matt Taibbi of Rolling Stone Magazine, the Tea Party is full of whites who believe that they are an oppressed minority in the Age Of Obama...
They are white racists, they only want higher education, jobs & housing for white people in a white America, its pathetic and shameful to see them behaving like a "white club" without sheets this day & age

Old 10-04-2010, 09:43 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,320 times
Quote:
According to Matt Taibbi of Rolling Stone Magazine, the Tea Party is full of whites who believe that they are an oppressed minority in the Age Of Obama.
Quote:

I'm white, and I don't believe I've ever been discriminated against on the basis of my skin color. I know some whites have, but I think it's very rare. Can any whites here describe situations where they're been discriminated against based on their skin color?

Ref: Tea & Crackers | Rolling Stone Politics
A rather odd observation I made; you voted in your own poll “none” yet you stated “I know some whites have”.

I used to work for a major beer company in my twenties and while on a new route I was told by a customer that I was not allowed in the club “because I was white”. A black employee had to drive 40+ miles to make this delivery; It cannot get any clearer than that.

I was at an interview with a major oil company (about fifteen years ago) and right at the end of the interview the gentlemen I was speaking with said that once they met their mandated quota of minorities the odds of my employment would drop.

I have more stories but those two stick out the most. I’ll rewrite them so it can be clear to anyone how it sounds.

I used to work for a major beer company in my twenties and while on a new route I was told by a customer that I was not allowed in the club “because I was black”. A white employee had to drive 40+ miles to make this delivery; It cannot get any clearer than that.

I was at an interview with a major oil company (about fifteen years ago) and right at the end of the interview the gentlemen I was speaking with said that once they met their mandated quota of whites the odds of my employment would drop.

Yes, white people are discriminated against but ever since the late 1800s political agendas have vilified anyone who was born white and associated “white skin” with slave owners (how can you feel bad for the bad guy, right!). This self righteous attitude, within our early government, has done more harm to all races and has only separated us further.
Now, it’s believed in undereducated people that all white people are racist and any other race (not white) is incapable of racism; what a narrow mind set.

Any law or rule that separates someone else because of any other physical or mental difference is “DISCRIMINATION”. At my home I have the right to discriminate as I see fit, the government doesn’t, so why are there so many special programs aimed only at minorities? (Discrimination through political agendas!) Also in my home you are judged by attitude not looks, asses come in all colors.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:45 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
They are white racists, they only want higher education, jobs & housing for white people in a white America, its pathetic and shameful to see them behaving like a "white club" without sheets this day & age

So, what is the NAACP doing then?

they only want higher education, jobs & housing for black people in a black America,except the NAACP is allowed to discriminate and that is the sick part of it all.

Does the NAACP help the little cracker redneck babies mama? NO

Old 10-04-2010, 09:51 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
A rather odd observation I made; you voted in your own poll “none” yet you stated “I know some whites have”.
odd indeed
why would the OP mislead in his own thread?

as to the question: when i was in the biology program at U. of NM, i asked about getting into a work study program, and was informed that those opportunities were only available for their hispanic and native American students
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies