Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2010, 08:59 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,442,738 times

Advertisements

Life used to be a few microorganism on a rock that help transformed our planet into what we have today. if we went looking for "life" around the universe anything that lived, bacteria included, would be sufficient for today's scientist to say we're not alone.

One form of Stromatolites would be enough for scientist today to say life is on another planets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 12:53 AM

956 posts, read 1,113,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
To many, slavery wasn't a human rights issue either. To many, womens suffrage wasn't a human rights issue either. To many, Darfur isn't a human rights issue either; etc.
And my words fall upon deaf ears yet again. Either way what you think is irrelevant as the courts have ruled against your views. Using "God" to justify your views will never work in the court of law so your ramblings are irrelevant.

Women: 1 Religious Ideologues: 0

Old 10-06-2010, 03:00 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,305,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
I am quite sure you'll eat your words if you ever have a baby with a woman.

You know, carrying a baby and giving birth are not exactly emotionless experiences - and it's far from a "simple" thing. Hating the baby growing inside of you because he or she is the product of rape (for example) will cause just about anyone to disregard whatever anti-choice ideologies you can trow at them.

I can also promise you that if my wife or daughter were raped, I would not hesitate for a fraction of a second about offering them all the support and help in getting an abortion.
You got that right. Every time someone sees a pregnant woman they gust and have all kinds of happy questions to ask. Image if you were that pregnant woman and had to relive a rape or incest every time someone brings up the pregnancy or you see yourself in a mirror. I once had a friend who got pregnant by her father, a deacon in their church. She never lived long enough to give birth...but at least his dirty little secret came to light. Life decisions are never easy or black and white. We need to work towards keeping abort safe, legal and rare.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 10-06-2010 at 03:33 AM..

Old 10-06-2010, 09:01 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,567,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You got that right. Every time someone sees a pregnant woman they gust and have all kinds of happy questions to ask. Image if you were that pregnant woman and had to relive a rape or incest every time someone brings up the pregnancy or you see yourself in a mirror. I once had a friend who got pregnant by her father, a deacon in their church. She never lived long enough to give birth...but at least his dirty little secret came to light. Life decisions are never easy or black and white. We need to work towards keeping abort safe, legal and rare.
But....but.....but.....(wahhhhhhhhhhh) what about the unborn? (wahhhhhhhhhhh) Never mind the fact that your friends life could have been saved (wahhhhhhhhhhh), it is all about the unborn (wahhhhhhhhhhh). Abortion is (wahhhhhhhhhhh) murder!!! WAHHH!!!

The cries of "pro lifers" makes me sooo happy.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:41 AM

281 posts, read 446,586 times
OP, does your mom know you are spewing this filth on the internet? You sure sound full of anger, hate and a sickening need to oppress others, but that's what you're a Republican for I suppose

Last edited by Ripley6174; 10-06-2010 at 09:52 AM..

Old 10-06-2010, 09:49 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,956,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
But....but.....but.....(wahhhhhhhhhhh) what about the unborn? (wahhhhhhhhhhh) Never mind the fact that your friends life could have been saved (wahhhhhhhhhhh), it is all about the unborn (wahhhhhhhhhhh). Abortion is (wahhhhhhhhhhh) murder!!! WAHHH!!!

That's not a very nice post, and frankly, pretty insensitive. The taking of human life should always be an issue that is treated with respect and dignity,

To the poster above, religion is not the only reason that some people are pro-life. I'll admit that it does cause a certain fanaticism that produces a black and white image of an issue that to me is extremely grey. You see, religion plays no part in my politics.

In cases of pregnancy through rape, or when the mother's life is in jeapardy, I think that abortion should remain a viable option. For those that use it as a sort of birth control, it should not. Society should not be structured in a way that teaches people that you don't have to live with the consequences of your actions. Sex itself, in our society has been cheapened and turned into a mainstream marketing campaign. Perhaps if there was a little more respect for the action, we would not have so much divisive argumentation on the results.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:52 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,092,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
And my words fall upon deaf ears yet again. Either way what you think is irrelevant as the courts have ruled against your views. Using "God" to justify your views will never work in the court of law so your ramblings are irrelevant.

Women: 1 Religious Ideologues: 0
Once again your leftist mind mistakenly equates legal with moral. Slavery was once legal, so you must have supported it for that time, correct?

P.S. What about all of the pre-born baby women that are brutally murdered by having their limbs removed, or burned to death or their brain stem punctured, all in the name of "choice", why do you not care about them?

Old 10-06-2010, 09:54 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,092,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

Why would anyones "cries" make you happy? Why would you derive pleasure from someone elses pain? Do you go to counseling, serious question?

Old 10-06-2010, 09:58 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,567,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
That's not a very nice post, and frankly, pretty insensitive. The taking of human life should always be an issue that is treated with respect and dignity,
C-R-Y M-E A R-I-V-E-R!

And what if it was Osama Bin Laden? Should that be treated with respect and dignity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Why would anyones "cries" make you happy? Why would you derive pleasure from someone elses pain? Do you go to counseling, serious question?
No. Why would I go? I am perfectly sane. I don't believe in gawd and imaginary friends. And if the cries are for stupid reasons, then it is funny. Kinda like the kid who gets busted stealing a cookie and you spank them. You all cry over something that doesn't exist. It humors me when I see "pro life" hypocrites whining. If there is a true reason for someones tears, then I feel for them and show them support.

Have you gone to therapy for having imaginary friends and being delusional and believing in fairy tales? Serious question.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:01 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,594,894 times
My Dad is 67 years older than you. He lived through the Great Depression. He is voting Democrat November 2nd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies