Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 02:43 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,821,156 times

Advertisements

The Financial sector got a license to steal due to the bailouts. It's ironic that the Dems say they are for the middle class. The bailouts they support transfered billions straight from the middle class to the financial elite. I strongly disagree that the bailouts were necessary. We should have let the market correct itself. There would have been more short term pain but we would be better off today. One of the reasons I am voting for Angle is that I know she'll vote against bailouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 02:51 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Easy enough because there will be no more bailouts. We're not in that phase of the crisis and we are not out of this crisis, not by a longshot.

Short term pain would have meant ripping the spine out of every small and large business in the entire USA. Money would stop. What's supposed to be a service for a fee is a hostage situation for the globe.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:03 AM

783 posts, read 814,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
The Financial sector got a license to steal due to the bailouts. It's ironic that the Dems say they are for the middle class. The bailouts they support transfered billions straight from the middle class to the financial elite. I strongly disagree that the bailouts were necessary. We should have let the market correct itself. There would have been more short term pain but we would be better off today. One of the reasons I am voting for Angle is that I know she'll vote against bailouts.
Offcousrse had the banks not been bailed out the middle class had been the worst effected of the catastrophe that would have followed but it was the republicans that initated the bail outs and the dems ended them.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:11 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Easy enough because there will be no more bailouts. We're not in that phase of the crisis and we are not out of this crisis, not by a longshot.

Short term pain would have meant ripping the spine out of every small and large business in the entire USA. Money would stop. What's supposed to be a service for a fee is a hostage situation for the globe.
LOLs. Where did you get that idea? George W. Bush.

There were plenty of banks in this country that were just fine. They were in great shape throughout all of this. The vast majority of banks in this country didn't need any bailout.

If money stopping is what causes economic problems then we could just pass a law saying everyone must spend X amount of dollars per day. That would ensure money is always flowing.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:19 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
And people wonder why the RW nut candidates stay away from any national airing of what they have to say. The best plan for their campaigns, answer no questions and only make slogan statements. That method seems to work on quite a few people. When they allow themselves to be put into a position of actually having to give an answer, they generally wind up with a bad case of "Toe-lio".

Old 10-05-2010, 06:27 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
The bailouts where necessary to avoid a global economic meltown. If you don't think they were you were not close enough to the situation to realize what was going on. In October 2008 there was an absolute global PANIC in the financial markets.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:35 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The bailouts where necessary to avoid a global economic meltown. If you don't think they were you were not close enough to the situation to realize what was going on. In October 2008 there was an absolute global PANIC in the financial markets.
first, the bailouts were NOT necessary, and were forced on many banks by the federal government. wells fargo for instance did not want to take bailout funds.

second if you really think that there will be no more bailouts in the future, you are sadly mistaken because the financial reform law contains provisions for more bailouts if the federal government determines that they are needed.

and by the way, angle is now up by three points in the polls today.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
first, the bailouts were NOT necessary, and were forced on many banks by the federal government. wells fargo for instance did not want to take bailout funds.

second if you really think that there will be no more bailouts in the future, you are sadly mistaken because the financial reform law contains provisions for more bailouts if the federal government determines that they are needed.

and by the way, angle is now up by three points in the polls today.
don't tell anyone that, they still want to think she will not only get beat, but will go down in flames.

Nita

Old 10-05-2010, 10:36 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
don't tell anyone that, they still want to think she will not only get beat, but will go down in flames.

Nita
its still possible that she will get beat, prince harry is good at campaigning.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:39 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,821,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
Offcousrse had the banks not been bailed out the middle class had been the worst effected of the catastrophe that would have followed but it was the republicans that initated the bail outs and the dems ended them.
Yes I actually agree with you on this. It was moderate/liberal Reps like George W Bush and John McCain who did initiate TARP and many of the bail outs. This is EXACTLY why I have so much passion for Sharron Angle, she is not an establishment Republican. She will not enforce the status quo. She will have the guts to cut spending. She will not bail out. This tape recording makes me feel all the more positive about her because she was so critical of the establishment Republican party. She is very sincere about the issues that are important to me.

I was happy to see a new poll released today shows Angle has a 3 point lead. Her largest lead in months. Simply amazing considering the constant "too extreme" TV ads. Many voters realize the issues Reid attacks Angle on are petty and trivial compared to the big issues that are hurting our country such as the economy/spending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies