Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Sexual freedom and liberation are:
Good for society 35 68.63%
Bad for society 10 19.61%
I'm not sure 6 11.76%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 01:48 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Hmmm... so, what are we to consider is your complaint here?
For example... smoking is not actually banned, but it is prohibited in public places.
Kinda like, oh... I don't know... sex?
Am I to conclude that the conservative position is to allow sex in public?
Seriously do you need this explained? It was said in jest but had a huge undercurrent of truth to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 01:50 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I'll have to read the findings again (I did yesterday). I didn't interpret it as showing vaginal intercourse was on the decline or being replaced by other behaviors. It does look like some other behaviors are becoming mainstream.
I think they just meant that, as a percentage of all sex acts, vaginal intercourse is less prominent now than it used to be.

"The result is a sexual smorgasbord that by all appearances has become more satisfying to women. Though men were more likely to report orgasm during vaginal intercourse, women told researchers they were more likely to have orgasms from a variety of sex acts, including oral sex and vaginal intercourse."

Old 10-05-2010, 01:57 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
I have my opinions about whether or not it's beneficial to society (), but it's my belief that mankind should not allow his species to live like reprobates. There was a time when dignity and self control was the mark, not the extent to which he can push the line of "freedom".

Old 10-05-2010, 01:58 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
yet liberals ban smoking, happy meals, trans fats, soda, because they don't try to dictate how other people should live
You can still smoke in the comfort of your own home.

Would you mind telling me who is banning happy meals? I can go to my local McDonalds and get one right now.

You can still cook to your hearts content with all the trans fats you want in the comfort of your own home.

Now you have social conservatives that want to get not only into people’s houses but their bedrooms to determine who should have sex with who, who should marry who, and what kind of sex people should have.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:02 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
You can still smoke in the comfort of your own home.

Would you mind telling me who is banning happy meals? I can go to my local McDonalds and get one right now.

You can still cook to your hearts content with all the trans fats you want in the comfort of your own home.

Now the your have social conservatives that want to get not only into people’s houses but their bedrooms to determine who should have sex with who, who should marry who, and what kind of sex people should have.
Your missing the point. Social conservatives DON"T Care what you do in your own home. Just keep it there please. NO one is trying to legislate your sexual habits.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:02 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Sex survey finds Americans are branching out - latimes.com

Quote:
New study finds Americans are branching out sexually, vaginal intercourse on the decline as other sex acts gain ground

The first comprehensive snapshot of Americans' sexual activity in almost two decades suggests a social landscape changed by HIV and AIDS and by an increasingly open national conversation about sexual acts other than plain old intercourse.

Across the lifespan, Americans report they are masturbating, alone or with a partner, engaging in oral sex and experimenting with same-gender sex more often than they owned up to in the 1980s, according to a study released Monday.
My hunch is that social conservatives won't be happy with this news.
Being happy with the news of others having sex is neither here nor there, I simply don't care. But, I will certainly bring this topic "UP" at my home with the Mrs and suggest that sometimes its okay to keep up with the Jones!

Old 10-05-2010, 02:06 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
yet liberals ban smoking, happy meals, trans fats, soda, because they don't try to dictate how other people should live
All those items will kill you before your time. Very few people die from engaging in a sex act. Those that do, die with a smile on their face.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:07 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I have my opinions about whether or not it's beneficial to society (), but it's my belief that mankind should not allow his species to live like reprobates. There was a time when dignity and self control was the mark, not the extent to which he can push the line of "freedom".
Of course, like many social conservatives, I'm sure the line of "freedom" begins just outside what YOU, personally, want or like to do.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:09 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Your missing the point. Social conservatives DON"T Care what you do in your own home. Just keep it there please. NO one is trying to legislate your sexual habits.
Actually they do, it took a Supreme Court decision to strike down sodomy laws in the State of Texas.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:11 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Pshaw! Modern Americans have nothing on the Roman empire elites. They were doing animals, multiple partners, all kinds of funky stuff during the last years of their reign. Stuff that would be unheard of even among the most sexually degenerate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies