Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 04:29 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

No matter what happens during the event, I have a feeling that some conservatives will use whatever they can to try to spin it into something to make Democrats or Obama look bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 04:31 PM

387 posts, read 533,012 times
Does it matter? The liberals and conservatives are virtually the same team. It's like the Catholics versus the Baptists. They are virtually the same team.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:32 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Actually if this has any impact I think its possible it will be a net positive for Democrats. I doubt many people who are highly involved with campaigns will choose the rally over campaigning, and this could help energize portions of the Dem base. Well educated 20 and 30 somethings are Stewart's base and those who are most likely to show up to the rally. They are also a key part of the Democratic base, and some concerns are whether or not they will turn out. Something like this although more comedic than political could help energize that base.
There is also the risk that the young voters will view attending these rallies was considered doing their part in getting involved in politics, and just chalk it up to another reason for not voting. I have known a lot of people who found any number of lame reasons for not voting, and this may just become one.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:36 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoyalTrust View Post
Does it matter? The liberals and conservatives are virtually the same team. It's like the Catholics versus the Baptists. They are virtually the same team.
If you don't see a difference between liberals and conservatives, you're not paying attention.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:58 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No matter what happens during the event, I have a feeling that some conservatives will use whatever they can to try to spin it into something to make Democrats or Obama look bad.
They don't need to, Obama is doing that to himself.
BTW this is one of the few things he's actually a success at!!!!

Old 10-05-2010, 06:37 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Is Jon Stewart Good for the GOP?

Yes, Jon Stewart is a gift to the GOP, i hope everyone of you democrats go to this "Rally to Restore Sanity" or the "Keep Fear Alive" rally, especially in the areas where we have close political races.

Stewartpalooza is happening the weekend before the critical congressional elections. It will suck up plenty of media attention -- and resources. Think of all the people who will be coming -- and the time and money it will take them to plan the trip and to travel to and from the nation's capital. These folks are likely to be more sympathetic to Democrats than Republicans, despite Stewart's skewer-'em-all approach. So if the pro-sanity crowd is packing bags and heading to Washington on the last weekend prior to the elections, these people won't be knocking on doors or making phone calls to get out the vote for Democratic candidates.
How soon you forget, we are the ones who pulled the landslide in 2008, we never stopped till election nite!

Old 10-05-2010, 07:58 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't think it matters who he "helps" or "hurts". He is a comedian.
You forget that he's the primary news source for the modern left

Old 10-05-2010, 08:29 PM

387 posts, read 533,012 times
So if they are so liberal then why didn't the war end? why haven't government provided jobs to the unemployed? why isn't there gay marriage in all the liberal states? why do we still have don't ask don't tell? why is smoking pot a crime and not a tort? why is polygamy a crime and not a tort? why was Bill Clinton ashamed of himself when he said that he did not inhale?? Liberals have taken more than a day off in progressing their purported agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If you don't see a difference between liberals and conservatives, you're not paying attention.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:37 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoyalTrust View Post

Really?

Wow, I never knew. All these years as a Baptist, and now I'm just like a Catholic?

I did go to a Catholic Church once, and Pal, we are not alike. I think Colbert was a Catholic, ask him if we're alike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies