Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 02:29 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Actually, I thought it was a quote from her book a year or two ago--the title is something like "If democrats were smart they'd be republicans." I didn't look it up, so I could be wrong, but I think I'm remembering this correctly...
Maybe if you had read the MM source you would have seen the title of that book. I did. I read links whether they come from reliable sources or not just to see what the OPs mean. Try it some time, you might like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 02:37 PM

783 posts, read 815,095 times
Ann Coulter typifies the regressive and backwards mentality of the conservative right.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:37 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, good, I guess that font of Repug "wisdom" HAS dried up....
No, just the OP's source.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:44 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
Specifically she was attacking the right to chose proponents. Not women all together. Her bases read in full is that the women in question that vote primarily on the issue of RTC, always vote democrat and if they did not vote a democrat would not have the votes to gain office.
At the end of the article she says "Personally, I believe women should have the right to vote and I hope they'll be responsible and don't require candidates to support wrong agendas". (paragraph) "I do see that many women are actually more sensible and trustworthy than men, but wrong women can ruin it for everyone. They can actually cause great harm and endanger our country tremendously".
Now we all know that Ann has a tendency to walk off her own planet from time to time. However I am amazed that the quote was taken out of context to say women should not vote. The whole statement in full dose not say that at all. The pro life camp could have used the whole statement to show that Ann was not pro choice, but instead they chose to miss represent the statement and try to direct it to all women.
It's a perfect example of people with there own agenda picking and choosing a short part of a whole to further there own agenda. Take the statement as it was intended. Don't listen to someone quote a paragraph, go find out what the whole body was about. FYI those things at the end of your hands are fingers, the thing on your shoulder houses a brain. Put the two together and you would be amazed what you can find out.

Should Women Have the Right to Vote? - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
Sorry, but it does not matter which way you quote her. You can quote her verbatim, any time even the present. She is still slinging around hate words. Crazy is crazy any way you slice it or not.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:11 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I can't wait to see the scumbag conservative "men" come in here and show support because they hate "feminazis". Ann Coulter is a ***** regardless of if she said this or not. Who says this about their own gender? Coulter, don't vote in the elections. Do the right thing and don't vote.
OK, I'll bite. I totally agree with Ann Coulter. You can not deny the facts of what she said; Republicans would have won all of those elections if you only counted the male vote. Men are more informed on the issues. Men vote far less on emotion than women do. Its a biological thing. Women tend to 'feel' where men tend to 'think'. These are generalizations but they are accurate when considering large populations. This is not a men vs women thing. If men and women's voting patterns were reversed I would be just as much in favor of men losing the right to vote.
To those who only hear the soundbites of Ann Coulter I would encourage you to actually read her books. I own all of them and they are quite inciteful. They are well documented and researched. If you libs can't bring yourselves to buy one you can check them out from the public library.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:13 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Sorry, but it does not matter which way you quote her. You can quote her verbatim, any time even the present. She is still slinging around hate words. Crazy is crazy any way you slice it or not.
Your right lets just quote what we want to put a little spin on it.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, yada yada yada that they are endowed by their Creator with certain yada yada, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from yada yada yada,

Old 10-06-2010, 03:23 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
I would modify that sentiment with the recognition that political liberty - the privilege to vote and hold office - should be commensurate with a full acceptance of the burdens associated with that drop in status.

For example, from 1777 onward, all male citizens surrendered their inalienable rights and accepted the obligation to train, fight and die, on command. (See: militia.)

Since women voters were excused from many civic duties, I think it is the worst kind of gender discrimination - against men. Men are expected to sacrifice themselves for women (as in "Women into the life boats first!").

If a woman wishes to surrender her superior right to life, and accept the duties to defend the nation, then she may exercise the franchise. But if she wants "her cake and eat his", I think it is wise to forbid her to vote and hold office.
Title 10 USC Sec. 311. Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, CITIZENS of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Title 50 USC Sec. 453. Registration (Selective Service)
(a)...it shall be the duty of every male CITIZEN of the United States, and every other male person RESIDING in the United States, who, on the day or days fixed for the first or any subsequent registration, is between the ages of eighteen and twenty-six, to present himself for and submit to registration at such time or times and place or places, and in such manner, as shall be determined by proclamation of the President and by rules and regulations prescribed hereunder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
I wonder if she would turn in her own voting rights.

Ann Coulter:

"I think women should be armed but should not vote...women have no capacity to understand how money is earned. They have a lot of ideas on how to spend it...it's always more money on education, more money on child care, more money on day care."

"It would be a much better country if women did not vote. That is simply a fact. In fact, in every presidential election since 1950 - except Goldwater in '64 - the Republican would have won, if only the men had voted."

"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women. It also makes the point, it is kind of embarrassing, the Democratic Party ought to be hanging its head in shame, that it has so much difficulty getting men to vote for it. I mean, you do see it's the party of women and 'We'll pay for health care and tuition and day care -- and here, what else can we give you, soccer moms?'"

Old 10-06-2010, 04:10 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
OK, I'll bite. I totally agree with Ann Coulter. You can not deny the facts of what she said; Republicans would have won all of those elections if you only counted the male vote. Men are more informed on the issues. Men vote far less on emotion than women do. Its a biological thing. Women tend to 'feel' where men tend to 'think'. These are generalizations but they are accurate when considering large populations. This is not a men vs women thing. If men and women's voting patterns were reversed I would be just as much in favor of men losing the right to vote.
To those who only hear the soundbites of Ann Coulter I would encourage you to actually read her books. I own all of them and they are quite inciteful. They are well documented and researched. If you libs can't bring yourselves to buy one you can check them out from the public library.
LOL! Raging Sexist Warning !!!

Well, if Annie only FEELS and doesn't think , then why do you support her ????

Old 10-06-2010, 04:29 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Yes a woman's place in at the stove, sweating over the pot and pans, then to get all 18 kids filled with a hearty breakfast and off to school/jobs, after that in the laundry room, then cleaning the dwelling thoroughly, shopping, in the afternoon cheerfully greeting all her family with a delicious supper, and, as the day ends, the woman should be strikingly beautiful, full of erotic energy, and available for a romping session in the bedroom.
Voting? As the male spouse instructs.

Last edited by Visvaldis; 10-06-2010 at 04:38 PM..

Old 10-06-2010, 04:38 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Yes a woman's place in at the stove, sweating over the pot and pans, then to get all 18 kids filled with a hearty breakfast and off to school/jobs, after that in the laundry room, then cleaning the dwelling thoroughly, shopping, in the afternoon cheerfully greeting all her family with a delicious supper, and, as the day ends, the woman should be strikingly beautiful and available for a romping session in the bedroom.
Hay email my X and tell her I was right. .
onoyoudidnotsaythattome@doityourdamself.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies