Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 07:50 AM

2 posts, read 12,859 times

Advertisements

I am gay and I was NOT born gay. I am a woman and I lusted after and dated men until my early 20s. Then I fell in love with a woman and have been with her for nearly 20 years. I still lust after men. I could very easily see myself with a man, in love with a man, having sex with a man.

NOT EVERYONE who is gay is "born" gay, whatever that means. In addition, why is it so bad for people to "choose" to be gay? I believe in free choice. Yes, my life would be easier had I fallen in love with or chosen to be with a man, but I am fine with my choice and live a great life in a great city in a great STRAIGHT suburban neighborhood.

Let's stop categorizing, shall we?

Old 10-07-2010, 07:53 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Thank you, I have always argued that being gay is a choice. Only to be confronted by a lying, psychotic brigade that believes in something for which there is no genetic evidence.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:54 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,334,293 times
No you're right. In your case you were born bisexual. You cannot choose to be gay. This thread would be better suited to the great debates forum.

Last edited by KylieEve; 10-07-2010 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: .

Old 10-07-2010, 07:56 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
So, you're bi with a tendency towards the hetero end of the spectrum. You only discovered the bi tendencies later in life - not unusual. You're not gay. So you really can't speak about those who are. And yes, the research tends to confirm that they're born that way.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:02 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times
Rather than worry about gay people who say these things, enjoy it: Tell them they were born straight and this is a lifestyle choice they consciously made because they're too sissy to be men or too masculine to be anything less than hairy women.

You and I both know it's not true; hell, I think some people are born gay and some people choose. Any gay person with any sense will know you're yanking their chains, but the people who are less about "being gay" and more about "issues" will go off the deep end and put on quite a show.

Sit back, take a drink, relax and watch the fun unfold. Every time they feel they're "making a point" say something clearly ignorant and swear you're standing by that. There's NOTHING an issue-pusher can't stand like someone who won't agree with them.

Make the veins in their collective foreheads stand out like refugees from a bait-and-tackle shop; watch their skin change colour; try to see if anyone's head actually explodes. Keep score.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:06 AM

2 posts, read 12,859 times
Here we go with the categories. Let's be detailed and honest about this. If you look up the word "homosexuality" in the dictionary, it says:

sexual desire or behavior directed toward a person or persons of one's own sex.

That would definitely describe me. I have spent more years being homosexual than heterosexual. Many many more. So how homosexual do I have to be in order to fit your definition of homosexual?

Look, I have no problem with gay people saying that SOME gay people are born gay, or that MOST gay people are born gay, but I am just saying that NOT ALL GAY PPL ARE BORN GAY. Some people just ebb and flow through life, deciding to be gay/homosexual/whatever, or not. I know MANY of these people.

There is no one definition, no one category, no one label. It's a lot more complicated. Notice I am not talking about how the straight people label us, I am talking about how the gays label us.

I am not "yanking anyone's chain," why do people have to hurl insults when someone says something they disagree with?

Old 10-07-2010, 08:07 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
I agree that it needs to be moved to the Great Debates section. But, everyone has free choice to do what they want. I have a male friend, was married, had two kids, etc... then just decided that it wasn't the right life for him and now is involved with a man, they have been together for seven years. It's a choice, some people make it fresh out of the womb, some make it later, some are bi.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:07 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
This has been argued amongst smarter people than me, and continues to be debated within the pyschiatric community. Not sure if we'll ever get a definitive answer, just enjoy and embrace your own sexuality and don't worry whether or not people think it's a choice or whether you're born gay.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:20 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
This has been argued amongst smarter people than me, and continues to be debated within the pyschiatric community. Not sure if we'll ever get a definitive answer, just enjoy and embrace your own sexuality and don't worry whether or not people think it's a choice or whether you're born gay.

Admit it; you think it might be grand fun to put together a large group of gay people who express their freedom of speech and freedom of assembly rights while stalking members of the Westboro Baptist Church 24/7. All peaceful, really just one big love-in while maintaining the proper legal distance.

I wish I had the money to fund such a thing...

Old 10-07-2010, 08:25 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Just forget what anyone else thinks. Who cares? Just go and enjoy the ladies! I understand why you do! They are really great with whipped cream and strawberries by the way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies