Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 05:27 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
It's rather simple, if there is not at least a 60-40 vote to bring a bill to the floor of the Senate it can be filibustered. All the Republican have to do is vote the party line and it's done. There are more rules in the Senate that can stop of bill from being passed than in the House. In the House everything gets done with a simple majority. The only bills exempt from filibuster in the Senate are budget bills.
Want to list some of these imaginary fillibusters which took place, or are you buying the left wing bs full of lies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 02:09 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,757,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
The situation is not amenable to change for the better. Cynical as it may be, until you read the law on the books, and see it for yourself, you wouldn't believe me if I told you.

Since 1933, the U.S.A. has been under a perpetual "temporary" State of Emergency. The "corruption" begins with Congress and ends with Congress.
Which makes all this grandstanding over parties, especially tea party, utterly ridiculous. There are remedies built into the constitution in the form of petitioning the law and that's just what we need to be doing. I'm not as convinced about 1933 as you are. Perhaps you'll find a better way to express it, or perhaps you'll find more information predating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
Bernanke was told to redouble his efforts to reinflate the housing bubble on a condition of his reinstatement from a certain few politicians which was impossible to do. The path they have chosen with these bailouts which is a coverup for fraud and criminal activity is a path to failure. Bill Black, the guy who threw around 1,000 bankers in jail during the much smaller savings and loan scandal has said if Obama keeps covering up the largest fraud in history like they have done it will destroy his presidency. The economy is getting worse and nothing has been solved and nothing good came from these transfer of wealth bailouts. Markets are topping and states are stopping foreclosures, not good and notice the unemployment numbers are still at depression era levels.
To the best of my knowledge Bernanke's job (and Geithner) was to stabilize but if you have other information I'd be happy to read it. The real estate market has been so hurting that it's not just distressed properties threatened. Everyone with a loan on their house generated in the last decade + is likely underwater if a full market correction were to occur all at once. I can't say that applies to all areas but I know for sure it applies to densely populated hyper-inflated markets like cali, ny, nj, florida.

Huge fan of Bill Black and a few others thinking outside the box. Amazing to think how much better quality law we'd get if the lawman's input had more significant weight than it currently does now. Bailouts weren't a transfer of wealth so much as it was penalty for fleecing that already took place (5% dividends are being paid to taxpayers). That hardly cuts the mustard relative to the damage done but it's a direction from red ink to black.

See the slogan beneath my screen name? I suspect there are so many guilty parties that it's nearly impossible to sort out. Anecdotal story of someone from this forum in the banking industry going to a meeting when all this blew up and he asked a silly question about toxic assets in context of their in house strict standard for lending practiced... "who would buy this?". The answer was... "we did".

As for Obama's presidency being destroyed... who is opposed to financial reform, and more importantly, why? The day before smoking gun testimony from Goldman Sachs gets released, someone decided to strategically release scandal discrediting SEC. It's our job as voters to see through the shenanigans. You only have to be willing to see it.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:19 AM

13,000 posts, read 18,853,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And quadrupling the debt during his 19 mos. in office has done what to the US dollar? Hint: it ain't looking good
US Dollar Index
But doesn't a lower dollar make US goods and services less expensive on world markets? Maybe that is a good thing until our economy is restored to health. Of course, during good times you want a stronger currency.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:20 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,553,886 times
And by continuing to demolish the value of this US dollar has also resulted in prices for a barrel of oil as well as for a gallon of gasoline, both of which are substantially higher than where they should be in this anemic economy.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:45 PM

18,927 posts, read 14,115,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I'm not as convinced about 1933 as you are. Perhaps you'll find a better way to express it....
To the best of my knowledge, from reading the law, in the public record:
[] Lawful money (gold and silver coin) ceased to circulate after 1933. (FDR stole it by executive order)
[] USCON explicitly states that ONLY gold and silver coin PAY DEBT.
[] Since 1933, hardly anyone has paid their debts with lawful money.
[] The definition of bankrupt is one who does not pay his debts.
[] Since 1933, Americans have been under "bankruptcy" law, under the perpetual temporary State of Emergency, precipitated by the U.S. government's bankruptcy.
[] Since 1935, enumerated "human resources" have underwritten the bankruptcy with themselves, their labor and property. As obligated parties (i.e., contributors under FICA), they cannot object to the tender of "their" notes.
[] In 1965, the Congress proceeded to coin counterfeit coin, in violation of the terms of the USCON. At no time was an amendment passed that changed to authorize said coinage. However, they did reduce the punishment for counterfeiters - just in case the sheeple got upset and prosecuted them.
[] By fraud, constructive fraud, withholding of material facts and the world's greatest propaganda ministry, the American people have been tricked into consenting to their own enslavement, impoverishment, and degradation. There is no remedy in the ballot, nor can there be a remedy until the people withdraw consent.

I predict that the day 51% of Americans withdraw consent, the sitting government officials will resign en masse, and swiftly emigrate to nations that do not extradite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies