Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had to flee America, what other country or region would you feel safe residing in??
Europe 49 42.98%
Africa 1 0.88%
South America 8 7.02%
Asia 4 3.51%
Pacific Ilands 5 4.39%
Australia 32 28.07%
China 1 0.88%
Russia 0 0%
Mexico 8 7.02%
North Pole 6 5.26%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 05:06 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,321,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
If you are talking about because the Feds have a warrant for your arrest, maybe one of the Caribbean islands. The two guys who set up an internet gambling site live there, knowing they don't dare enter the U.S.

{Choose a spot on the globe....}

No, I'm not talking about arrest warrents, I'm talking complete or partial collapse of social order in America that would make some want to temporarily or perminantly leave...and if so, which nation would you feel most comfortable residing in outside of US bounderies...

And again, I'd be interested in hearing what more A-Americans have to say on this matter...

For instance...Louis Farrakan, and his talk of Islam and all...well would him in his followers feel comfortable going to Iran or Pakistan or Sudan?

Or would they prefer the more democratic nations of British origon??

Or how about those who lean towards 'same sex attraction'...I mean which countries outside of the US would be most friendly towards that??

Also, not to many Asian responses, like Tiawan or Japan or Idonesia...

2 people on the poll chose the North pole...

When I think of the north pole...this is what I think of now......
Anyone who has watched Aliens vs Preditors, knows
what I mean...
(ye ye, I know, it was actually the Antarctic)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 07:29 PM

146 posts, read 154,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKE-Ed View Post
I think its interesting that this topic has come up for discussion. I heard Rush Limbaugh the other day talking about the same thing. He said that alot of the millionaires in the country are giving a lot of thought to leaving the counrty if things start to get really bad. He mentioned Australia, New Zealand and Singapore as possible places that many of the wealthy would consider moving to. If he's talking about this on the radio, then one has to wonder how many of the other people are also thinking about doing this. If you have a substantial amount of capital and brains leaving the country, then this can have a very serious effect on the country's long term growth potential.
more and more people are talking about this _specially business owners....I like cayman but there is a lot of tourist exposure from us

Old 10-08-2010, 08:01 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,321,776 times
Millionares have it easy, they can go anywhere and live in relative comfort...it's the poor and or middle class..who woulld have a harder time transitioning into another country...

Elections, and polititions are tearing this country apart...it disquests me...

I wish polititions would leave us normal Americans alone...who just want to get alone and live in peace...

Old 10-08-2010, 08:07 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,910,946 times
Being born in Puerto Rico, I'm eligible to reside in Spain for 2 years and gain dual citizenship (something not available to people born outside Latin America, Puerto Rico, Portugal, and Andorra). My second choice would be Argentina since I'm ethnically latino and Spanish is my native language , and I'm also eligible for fast track citizenship there as well

Old 10-08-2010, 08:12 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,433,563 times
My husband and I already have our exit plan mapped out, in the event Sarah Palin gets anywhere near the White House, or the Tea Partiers get any kind of foothold in Congress. We'll be moving to his home country of Denmark (we plan to retire there, anyway, so if we have to uproot a decade or more sooner, so be it). Besides the fact that it's where all of our family on his side lives, it's the country where the happiest people live! It's got areas that are laid-back and serene, as well as high energy and cosmopolitan. I absolutely love it there.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:15 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,741,409 times
Yeah I have a passport not to flee but to visit. I love Europe despite its many faults.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:17 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,741,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
My husband and I already have our exit plan mapped out, in the event Sarah Palin gets anywhere near the White House, or the Tea Partiers get any kind of foothold in Congress. We'll be moving to his home country of Denmark (we plan to retire there, anyway, so if we have to uproot a decade or more sooner, so be it). Besides the fact that it's where all of our family on his side lives, it's the country where the happiest people live! It's got areas that are laid-back and serene, as well as high energy and cosmopolitan. I absolutely love it there.
My guess is your plan is about as realistic as the Hollywood wackos who promised to move if Bush was elected. None did. I don't understand the mindset.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:17 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,910,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Why don't you move there now if the Danish are so happy, the country is so laid-back, serene, and cosmopolitan? Funny too, my British gf says those same things about the U.S. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
My guess is your plan is about as realistic as the Hollywood wackos who promised to move if Bush was elected. None did. I don't understand the mindset.
That's the funny thing. They probably won't move anyway. I remember hearing on the news that Citizenship and Immigration Canada's website received tens of thousands of hits from the U.S. after Bush was re-elected. I doubt more than a few hundred actually moved. I wish all those would have moved, then Barry the Indonesian wouldn't be in office right now

Old 10-08-2010, 08:43 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,309,992 times
Canada I guess but I prefer to stay here in the United States and fight.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:45 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,022,796 times
Sicily at least they are out front about it and my last name is the clincher.the town grandma was named after. my little sister visited there and was treated like a Queen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies