Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:53 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
They were foreclosing in error- sometimes even on homes that were owned free and clear!
and in some cases where they didn't even own the note.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 10:09 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
now we are getting into an entirely different area.banks that screw up should be held accountable they thanks to gov bailouts are way to big and mess up way too much and have hurt innocent people but that is not an easy excuse for people who do not make their house payments to be able to live in them for free forever. who is even paying the prop taxes for their schools police and fire protection.they gonna let em burn down like the poor guy on the other thread?

Old 10-09-2010, 10:28 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Everything they can;sre you kidding. the second half of TARP (350 billion) was supposed to be for solving the housing crisis. Obama called it their second priority. Geithner keep promisng a plan for months after Obama was elected but none ever occured. it was supposed to be a privte/governamnt plan but after the GM and chrysler forced banrupsy terms on investors ;was interested anymore.The banks now have no interest in moving fast to take losses even greater.They have no interest in flooding the market with foreclosed home they own.
It is WASTEFUL money
The banks are getting all thatv TARP/bailout money, but they still complain about foreclosures? I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR THEM! They are scamming the people, and Obama is letting them get away with it.
here is what is happening...
1. banks were loaning money to underqualified homeowners who then could not make payments
2. people were foreclosing, not paying, or otherwise just not able to pay the full mortgage payments.
3. banks ran to the gov't for help... and we paid them
4. Now, after all the bailout money, the banks are sitting on the foreclosed homes. DESPITE THE FACT THAT MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WANT TO BUY HOMES RIGHT NOW! The banks won't sell them because they want their cake and eat it too.
Obama is a sucker

Old 10-09-2010, 11:11 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Wow, it's amazing when people rabble against stuff that would help them. The bill, as posted by others if you read it, was to make banks/mortgage companies/etc escape liability for screwing up (like these gems of BoA's greatest fails).

I hope the OP gets to experience ones of these screw ups and wonder what would of happened when they couldn't sue to recover their deed, legal fees, and damages. Reminds me of the parents yanking their kids out of school when Obama said school is good. Some people are way too messed up in the head.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Give me a break, how many of those foreclosures, were done, knowing exactly what they were doing, some of these people owned their homes outright what were there excuses. I have been in real estate and still know so many realtors, i know the scope, do you know how many bad loans were given out, when these idiots, knew exactly what was going to happen, these people knew they were approving risky loans. Those creeps who approved these high risk loans, ought to be punished.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:20 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
This is obviously a well laid trap by the genius, Obama. Only a man of superior intellect and crafty skills could author such a masterpiece..... to make the banks give loans to people who can't afford them, and then make banks not give loans to people who still can't afford them.

Except that "can't afford the loan" part kind of happned before he took over. So, I gues the part about "banks not giving loans to people who can't afford them" is happening under his watch.

The best thing Obama can do, is make sure that people who have a home that they can not afford, get to keep it. We, as happy American citizens will gladly pay for your mistakes. That's what we do. We take care of those who can't take care of themselves. Oh, no, you didn't buy a Beamer and get 100K worth of student loans? 35K in credit card bills you say?

More things for us to help with! OH JOY!

Joy To The World"

(As recorded by Three Dog Night)
HOYT AXTON

Jeremiah was a bullfrog
Was a good friend of mine
I never understood a single word he said
But I helped him drink his wine
And he always had some mighty fine wine

Singing joy to the world
All the boys and girls now
Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea
Joy to you and me.

If I were the king of the world
Tell you what I'd do
I'd throw away the cars and the bars and the wars
And make sweet love to you, say now
Joy to the world, all the boys and girls
Joy to you and me.

You know I love the ladies
Love to have my fun
I'm a high night flyer and a rainbow rider
A straight shootin' son of a gun
I said a straight shootin' son of a gun

Joy to the world, all the boys and girls
Joy to you and me.

Old 10-10-2010, 03:26 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Wow, it's amazing when people rabble against stuff that would help them. The bill, as posted by others if you read it, was to make banks/mortgage companies/etc escape liability for screwing up (like these gems of BoA's greatest fails).

I hope the OP gets to experience ones of these screw ups and wonder what would of happened when they couldn't sue to recover their deed, legal fees, and damages. Reminds me of the parents yanking their kids out of school when Obama said school is good. Some people are way too messed up in the head.
I'm mad because we (the taxpayer) gave the banks billions of dollars... And now, they are sitting on foreclosed homes instead of selling them.

it is like going to a football game: How many times have you seen a person selling tickets right next to a person buying tickets?
Why don't those 2 guys make a deal with each other and get out of our way!

I also think it is wrong that only 1 company makes the game Monopoly

Old 10-10-2010, 05:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You should check your facts before you post ignorant right wing threads. The bill was to make it harder for people to challenge their foreclosures. Blocking it was the right thing to do.
But......obama seems to think foreclosures should go forward.

White House doubts need to halt all foreclosures - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101010/ap_on_bi_ge/us_foreclosures_white_house - broken link)

Quote:
A top White House adviser questioned the need Sunday for a blanket stoppage of all home foreclosures, even as pressure grows on the Obama administration to do something about mounting evidence that banks have used inaccurate documents to evict homeowners.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:34 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
now we are getting into an entirely different area.
Oh, now it's about a different "area".

Old 10-10-2010, 05:52 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,947,777 times
The sooner Americans realise the current economic systems is slanted to favour the rich the better, lets face it most of those in power are the rich.

Most of the countries wealthy have exited the current crisis with most of there wealth intact thanks to public bail outs. Meanwhile mainstream and poor America are suffering. Many blame China when in fact a huge amount of American Corporations where the ones that took the jobs offshore in the interests of more $$ for shareholders. Lets be fair consumers demand cheaper and cheaper prices, so you are to blame also.

It doesn't seem to matter which political party is in power, the greed just seems to escalate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies