Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:24 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Doesn't sawdust come in larger sizes than soil dust?
If sawing, yes. If sanding, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 09:25 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
They want to see dust, let them come to my trailerpark. They never got around to surfacing the road. When it's dry (like it is now) the dust is as fine as talc powder.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:36 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
They want to see dust, let them come to my trailerpark. They never got around to surfacing the road. When it's dry (like it is now) the dust is as fine as talc powder.
My son is having that kind of trouble right now. The city is spreading chat on the streets on both sides of him and he is only one house away from the street on his south. He has a new black Jeep which will be white, like it or not

Old 10-10-2010, 06:12 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
In the first place, don't blame the EPA for doing what Congress has ordered them to do under the Clean Air Act. They are required, by law, to re-assess what they are doing every 5 years.

In the second place, the EPA has over 17,000 employees scattered all over the country and they use the services of volunteers, universities and think tanks to develop their data. It's highly unlikely that they ALL are east-coast enviro-Nazi's who've never set foot on a farm.

Thirdly, no this isn't an example of liberalism run wild under the Obama administration. The EPA was created during the Nixon administration and the last updating of the Clean Air Act came in 1990 and was signed into law by G.H.W. Bush.

Fourth, the dust particles which the EPA are required to address under the National Ambient Air Quality Standards are only those which are under 10 microns in size. This is a very fine dust which has been shown to increase upper respiratory problems, not your every day, garden variety dust thrown up by farming or traveling on a dirt road.

Fifth, not only the federal government, but state and locals ones too have been practicing dust abatement procedures for many years, so this is nothing new. They have employed strategies ranging from paving to chemcial additives which bind the fine dust to restrictions on agriculture and building sites to hold down the dust.

Conclusion? Don't be alarmed if a reporter finds some uninformed farmer who thinks this is the end of his world. The reality isn't nearly so dreadful.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:52 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
In the first place, don't blame the EPA for doing what Congress has ordered them to do under the Clean Air Act. They are required, by law, to re-assess what they are doing every 5 years.

In the second place, the EPA has over 17,000 employees scattered all over the country and they use the services of volunteers, universities and think tanks to develop their data. It's highly unlikely that they ALL are east-coast enviro-Nazi's who've never set foot on a farm.

Thirdly, no this isn't an example of liberalism run wild under the Obama administration. The EPA was created during the Nixon administration and the last updating of the Clean Air Act came in 1990 and was signed into law by G.H.W. Bush.

Fourth, the dust particles which the EPA are required to address under the National Ambient Air Quality Standards are only those which are under 10 microns in size. This is a very fine dust which has been shown to increase upper respiratory problems, not your every day, garden variety dust thrown up by farming or traveling on a dirt road.

Fifth, not only the federal government, but state and locals ones too have been practicing dust abatement procedures for many years, so this is nothing new. They have employed strategies ranging from paving to chemcial additives which bind the fine dust to restrictions on agriculture and building sites to hold down the dust.

Conclusion? Don't be alarmed if a reporter finds some uninformed farmer who thinks this is the end of his world. The reality isn't nearly so dreadful.
Between you and my original article I feel like there is some attempt here to start some of the enforcement of Agenda 21 for the UN. I am sure that there will be more farm-type dust in the middle part of the US and that is one huge area that the people of Agenda 21 intend to close down to human population. I wish I could provide the map of what the article provided but somehow it doesn't come up. The central part of the nation is where they showed the dustiest conditions for farmers so I guess the Agenda 21 plan to put most of our farming very near the Atlantic Ocean may be what they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies