Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Bush's commuting of Scooter's sentence?
Yes: It's a great Independence Day gift to our nation for justice to be granted 15 29.41%
No: Felons should not be rewarded for lying about exposing CIA operatives for political gain 36 70.59%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 05:36 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,198,105 times

Advertisements

I wanted to be surprised when Scooter (who are his parents?) got the love hug from Bush, but it was to be expected from this lying administration. It's sickening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 06:19 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,587,680 times
Thumbs up agree-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
Well first off, Nixon stepped down before there were any charges brought against him...Ford pardoned him when there was NOTHING to pardon him for...

I think Bush did what he wanted to do rather then what was right and this is just another example of how out of touch with the real world and a sense of right and wrong the man is.

This action is him thumbing his nose at the legal system. AND I would say the same thing if it was a Democrat who did it.
This is exactly what I think. Bush is a disgrace. These idiots serve the public good, and are supposed to be answerable to the nation. (Doesnt matter which side of the aisle we are on)

Old 07-05-2007, 06:29 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
This is exactly what I think. Bush is a disgrace. These idiots serve the public good, and are supposed to be answerable to the nation. (Doesnt matter which side of the aisle we are on)
Then why doesn't Fitz go after Armitage??? It's well known that HE is the one who leaked Plame's identity...... Why this witch hunt with Libby???

Old 07-05-2007, 07:26 PM

7 posts, read 18,404 times
Default Once a drunk, always a drunk!

I bet Cheney got Bush drunk and dared him to commute Libby. If you look at Bush's cheeks those capillaries that have come to the surface and busted only come from a long drinking career. Bush, once a drunk always a drunk and for the conservatives to ignore the obvious is just another example of having their head in the sand or somewhere else where the Sun don't shine.

Who in their right mind (sober mind) can say anything that GW has done right thus far? I'm not talking putting on his pants, I'm talking about anything worthy for someone that holds the position of US President. For all accounts he has been and still is the worst American President in history...in my humble opinion.

Libby is just another in a long list of nincompoops in this Administration that has abused his position and went along with the party's audacity. America needs to wake up and soon; otherwise one day we'll wake up to a King and Queen and I wouldn't be surprise that Cheney be the King and Bush be the Queen.

Congress for the last 40 years has been a disgrace. I just hope more people that represent us in Washington actually read the Constitution. There are great truths and guidance on how to run this country. Why would anyone in leadership forgo a great piece of wisdom and literature?

Chip

Last edited by Chip; 07-05-2007 at 07:35 PM..

Old 07-08-2007, 01:10 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,863,909 times
Okay, who were the 20% who voted yes?

Old 07-08-2007, 02:42 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
George W. Bush was once asked, after presiding over the executions of over 152 Texans, about his reluctance to issue pardons and/or commute sentences. “I don’t believe my role is to replace the verdict of a jury with my own,” Bush said, “unless there are new facts or evidence of which a jury was unaware.”

Gee, WHAT could those new facts or evidence be? Maybe just how deeply other members of the administration besdies Fibby are involved?

Old 07-08-2007, 05:48 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
George W. Bush was once asked, after presiding over the executions of over 152 Texans, about his reluctance to issue pardons and/or commute sentences. “I don’t believe my role is to replace the verdict of a jury with my own,” Bush said, “unless there are new facts or evidence of which a jury was unaware.”

Gee, WHAT could those new facts or evidence be? Maybe just how deeply other members of the administration besdies Fibby are involved?
This I do agree with..... I'll say it again that they really need to look into greatly restricting the power of the President in these matters of commuting sentences and pardoning. Or at least why don't we ask the President or Governors before we start a trial if they're going to pardon particular people if thier found guilty and save us all a lot of time and money.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:25 PM

150 posts, read 519,630 times
oh I voted yes It was just a political witch hunt that not a single person here knows the whole story to. what came out in court wasent all of it.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:26 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,901,833 times
Don't touch pardon.

Juries and judges are sometimes wrong and in the great majority of pardons, the ones we don't hear about, pardon is used to release those wrongfully convicted of crimes. Without the power of pardon invested in the executive, the only chance an innocent has of having a wrongful verdict or judgement overturned is to begin an appeal all over again. That process in itself could take years and cost taxpayers or the innocent convict a lot more money.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water on this.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:03 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,166,855 times
I think what bothers me most about this is that this was a CRIMINAL matter involving THIS WHITE HOUSE (i.e. the President who commuted the sentence).

It makes me think that we are no better than some of those third world countries that have governments that run amuck... Next we'll be finding out that Laura Bush stole millions of dollars and has 12,000,000 pairs of shoes in her closet...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies