Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 10:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

You NJ people are really humoring me on this thread. I never realized that "The Sopranos" really was very real. What was the movie about the NJ town with all the corrupt cops from the NYC system that Sylvester Stallone starred in? It is just impossible to even think that much corruption could be in existence, anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 10:39 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You NJ people are really humoring me on this thread. I never realized that "The Sopranos" really was very real. What was the movie about the NJ town with all the corrupt cops from the NYC system that Sylvester Stallone starred in? It is just impossible to even think that much corruption could be in existence, anywhere.
Copland - bleh - bad movie!

Old 10-10-2010, 10:44 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:

Cop Land, great movie. NJ overall isn't that bad there are few towns where you can be pretty sure the mayors will leave office in cuffs. Also on the state level I suspect there is a ton of corruption that has gone......unnoticed, lets say. Heck our last Governor was slept with a union boss he was negotiating with. Hopefully Christie will change that.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:48 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,964 times
Quote:

The NJ corruption machine and us law abiding overtaxed citizens here are sick of it.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:45 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
When I read this one this morning all I could think was that nobody could pull off something like this, even in New Jersey.

"REPORT: Dems Planted Tea Party Candidate In NJ" - Patriot Update (http://patriotupdate.com/stories/read/5400/REPORT-Dems-Planted-Tea-Party-Candidate-In-NJ - broken link)
Hmm. "...a bearded, flame-haired man few had seen before...."

I thought Tea Partiers were proud of being disorganized and having no leaders and no central tenets to speak of. So didn't you see, then, that anyone who's against taxes and abortion can run as a convincing Tea Partyist?

Old 10-11-2010, 03:47 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
A history teacher who never heard of a spoiler candidate

Old 10-11-2010, 04:21 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
...... I lived in Louisiana for a bit and well, we had our share there too!
You guys are amateurs. Huey Long wouldn't last an hour here.

Nowadays you'd need a politico from the Cook County, IL Democratic machine to run with our political classes.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:30 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
Oh, please! Does the OP REALLY think it's only the Democrats who have hidden candidates running under the Tea Party banner? LOL How can anyone be that nieve!

Lemme give you a tip: When folks like Rick Santorum and Sarah Palin and Sam Brownback show up at your Tea Party rallies, you've already been overcome by the old-guard Republican's, even to the point that they get to select the speakers you'll hear.

In any case, stalking horse candidates whose mission is to draw off votes from the other side are a well-established and successful strategy in politics. Believe me, it's nothing new and not at all unique to New Jersey.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:35 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
When I read this one this morning all I could think was that nobody could pull off something like this, even in New Jersey.

"REPORT: Dems Planted Tea Party Candidate In NJ" - Patriot Update (http://patriotupdate.com/stories/read/5400/REPORT-Dems-Planted-Tea-Party-Candidate-In-NJ - broken link)
That cunning Progressive, Rush Limbaugh, has been doing that for many years.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:40 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
The fact that Mayor Nagin got re-elected after he screwed things up so much during and following Katrina amazed me. I surely couldn't see how that happened. Well, I do think I understood.
Look at Marion Barry in DC. Smoking crack, stalking women. Re-elected for 4 terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies