Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2010, 05:53 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the tea party groups were not protesting health care per say, just the health care law that the democrats were pushing through that everyone, including the democrats themselves, knew would not lower the cost of health care, and in fact would increase the costs, and that it would be an overbloated expensive program that we cannot afford now or ever....
never mind that Tea Party said :
NO to Single Payer
NO to Public Option
NO to current law that protects more Americans more than ever before
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 05:54 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
really? you sure you want to stick to that story? it was the democrats that started welfare, and it was the democrats that opened it up to long term usage, and it is usually democrats that are on the welfare dole for generations. republicans want to get people OFF of welfare, and get them into the workforce and be productive.
How so?... by colluding with the big banks to foreclose on every middle class property possible?...

Old 10-11-2010, 05:59 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Silly question, you want me to say something nice about a tax cheat? He is not my Democratic candidate btw.
Let's stick to the topic, ok, the fact that the REPUBLICAN PARTY agenda, platform, policies and ideaology care nothing for the average American working person, period (regardless of who the GOP/Tea Party candidate is!)
again. hogwash. the republicans want to get people off of welfare, the democrats would rather keep them on welfare. the republicans want everyone to succeed as best they can, the democrats want to take care of, and control, everyone from cradle to grave.

Quote:
Then small business people have no business whining about Bush tax cuts expiring on amounts of their income over 250,000$!
really? how about you talk to a small business owner then and see what they have to say about the tax cuts. most of them will tell you that they are good for the economy, even for the rich, because they keep money in the hands on the people, and the businesses that create the jobs we need. the reason businesses are holding on to their money right now is because they have no idea what the new health care law is going to cost them, and they dont know if their taxes are going up or not. there is too much uncertainty in the near future for them to start hiring to expand their businesses.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:05 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Any middle class American who defends the Republican Party is setting themselves up for a letdown and betrayal...
...which is why I vote for conservatives. If you let yourself turn into a partisan party man, then all you will be let down and betrayed.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:06 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
...which is why I vote for conservatives. If you let yourself turn into a partisan party man, then all you will be let down and betrayed.
I'm a registered Independent actually...

Old 10-11-2010, 06:14 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,000 times
Sing along with me:

"This is THE END...... My only friend................ THE END".

Old 10-11-2010, 06:19 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,200 times
Republicans care about your human dignity. Democrats care about your mindless dependence.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
NO to Single Payer
NO to Public Option
They said "NO" because they knew that this asinine 0bamaCare would increase health care costs, increase insurance premiums and eventually drive insurance companies out of business, and push more people into Medicaid; which is exactly what it is doing.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
I'm a registered Independent actually...
I was speaking in general, not you specifically.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:01 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
NO to Single Payer
NO to Public Option
So what? U tryin' to say they don't have the right to speak up when they don't agree with something the feds are doing? That's the American way.

The extremists are the people trying to shut them up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies