Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 09:19 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,477,772 times

Advertisements

So...back to Reagan...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 09:19 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Under Obama's plan, American forces will no longer conduct combat operations but are instead to train Iraqi troops and help with counterterrorism operations — if asked for by the Iraqis.
Help with terroiam operations says it all really. Shell game and nothing more really. Loks to me like he is determined to fail in afganistan form woodwrds book he talked about.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:39 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,045,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Help with terroiam operations says it all really. Shell game and nothing more really. Loks to me like he is determined to fail in afganistan form woodwrds book he talked about.
We never should have gone there in the first place... "God" told George Bush to invade Iraq...

Old 10-13-2010, 12:45 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,825,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
We still have 50 thousand troops in harms way over in Iraq

Fewer jobs lost is not the same as "job creation"

you cannot expect government to bring back all those jobs even if they try...the companies that did lay off people or laid off too many help themselves not their employees

Old 10-13-2010, 12:51 PM

45,203 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
We never should have gone there in the first place... "God" told George Bush to invade Iraq...
“It is true that much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong. As president I am responsible for the decision to go into Iraq,”-George W. Bush

Anyway, got any proof for your assertion?

Old 10-13-2010, 12:56 PM

45,203 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
you cannot expect government to bring back all those jobs even if they try...the companies that did lay off people or laid off too many help themselves not their employees
You quote me, but your comments have nothing to do within the context of the discussion the post was made

Old 10-13-2010, 01:01 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,045,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
“It is true that much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong. As president I am responsible for the decision to go into Iraq,”-George W. Bush

Anyway, got any proof for your assertion?
Bush Began to Plan War Three Months After 9/11 (washingtonpost.com)

Bush said he did not remember asking the question of his father, former president George H.W. Bush, who fought Iraq in the 1991 Persian Gulf War. But, he added that the two had discussed developments in Iraq.
"You know he is the wrong father to appeal to in terms of strength. There is a higher father that I appeal to," Bush said.

Woodward Shares War Secrets - 60 Minutes - CBS News

Did Mr. Bush ask his father for any advice? “I asked the president about this. And President Bush said, ‘Well, no,’ and then he got defensive about it,” says Woodward. “Then he said something that really struck me. He said of his father, ‘He is the wrong father to appeal to for advice. The wrong father to go to, to appeal to in terms of strength.’ And then he said, ‘There's a higher Father that I appeal to.’"

Beyond not asking his father about going to war, Woodward was startled to learn that the president did not ask key cabinet members either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies