Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I have apprehended, investigated and prosecuted servicemembers for violating UCMJ Art.125, both heterosexuals and homosexuals.

I do not see where homosexuals nor heterosexuals were treated any differently from each other in this regard.

If you violate the UCMJ in a manner where you get caught in the act; you will be prosecuted.

I have seen far more heterosexuals busted on Art.125 then I have seen homosexuals.
Did you feel proud when you did it? Being forced to uphold an unjust law is one thing, feeling good about it is another.

I am asking you if you personally were proud about being involved in the punishment of adults simply for having consensual sex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 12:08 PM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Nice deflection.
You keep trying to twist everything I say. I am not deflecting anything here.

Quote:
... Did you only arrest gays?
No.

Quote:
... Was it a gay witch hunt you were on?
No.

Quote:
... Or did you arrest officers, kids who had oral sex and talked about it?
Yes.

We apprehended any servicemember who violated the UCMJ.

In the context of Art.125 generally they were caught in the act.

However sometimes someone will want to brag, his NCO will tell him to shut up. But if they insist on bragging, then they will be prosecuted.

If I am walking down a passageway, round a turn and find a couple engaging in any form of sex, they get apprehended and prosecuted.

But if they are not caught in the act, then the prosecution is almost exclusively
because the servicemember 'fights' to brag and broadcast his actions of violating the UCMJ.

There are many instances where servicemembers violate the UCMJ, in private, or off-base, where they will not be caught. And nobody is going to walk in on them. Nobody cares.

On a ship, in uniform, on duty performing sex AND getting caught in the act; will get you prosecuted.

Quote:
... Well, did you only arrest gays?
Homosexuals are an extreme minority of people apprehended for violating Art.125.

I honestly do not see how it is a witch hunt when it accounts for such a minority of cases.

Perhaps you will again say I am deflecting here. But really if 10% of the busts deal with a special group how is that a witch hunt?

Quote:
... If he applied it to gays only, it is illegal and harassment.
It is abuse of power.
sigh.

Have you read anything I have written?

Old 10-13-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Did you feel proud when you did it? Being forced to uphold an unjust law is one thing, feeling good about it is another.

I am asking you if you personally were proud about being involved in the punishment of adults simply for having consensual sex?
I felt much less 'proud' after attending Christian worship services and as we leave the church, having to exchange fire with our fellow Christians.

The tail wags the dog.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:12 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
You keep trying to twist everything I say. I am not deflecting anything here.

No.

No.

Yes.

We apprehended any servicemember who violated the UCMJ.

In the context of Art.125 generally they were caught in the act.

However sometimes someone will want to brag, his NCO will tell him to shut up. But if they insist on bragging, then they will be prosecuted.

If I am walking down a passageway, round a turn and find a couple engaging in any form of sex, they get apprehended and prosecuted.

But if they are not caught in the act, then the prosecution is almost exclusively
because the servicemember 'fights' to brag and broadcast his actions of violating the UCMJ.

There are many instances where servicemembers violate the UCMJ, in private, or off-base, where they will not be caught. And nobody is going to walk in on them. Nobody cares.

On a ship, in uniform, on duty performing sex AND getting caught in the act; will get you prosecuted.

Homosexuals are an extreme minority of people apprehended for violating Art.125.

I honestly do not see how it is a witch hunt when it accounts for such a minority of cases.

Perhaps you will again say I am deflecting here. But really if 10% of the busts deal with a special group how is that a witch hunt?

sigh.

Have you read anything I have written?
I have read, and I appreciate the fact that you were doing a job, and that you performed that job without prejudice. I thank you for your service.

May I ask, though, if you had any knowledge of the disposition of these cases, and if they were handled post-arrest without prejudice as well?

Old 10-13-2010, 12:20 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,837 times
Quote:
Homosexuals have always served.

I have served on subs with homosexuals among the crew. It happens.

It happened before DADT, it happens with DADT, it will happen after DADT.

DADT does not effect a homosexual's ability to serve in the US military. It effects whether they can be 'open' about committing felonies.
"Committing felonies"? What felonies would that be?

Old 10-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
I felt much less 'proud' after attending Christian worship services and as we leave the church, having to exchange fire with our fellow Christians.

The tail wags the dog.
Why the deflection? Were you proud to have arrested and punished people for having sex? It is a real simple question.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:48 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Default well

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
This argument, that outsiders don't understand the military culture, is very similar to the arguments made by big banks and finance companies when the issue was the stellar compensation and bonuses being paid out. Such perks were part of their corporate culture. Outsiders didn't understand.
That's because the military way of thinking is foreign to most people. Banks and finance companies, are completely irrelevant.

If you are not military, you cannot understand the military mindset. It's a martial way of life, where violence is not only acceptable, you are trained in levels of violence that is completely alien to the average person. I had a friend of mine who was a Seal, who used to brag about the various and many ways they knew to kill a person with their bare hands. Another was a freind who was a sniper, and discussed how he liked to shoot a person in the back of their head when talking to people so their face was blown all over the person they were talking to to demoralize them. Military personnel are trained in violence, they are trained to live in conditions the normal person would find impossible. Ever been on a submarine? Can you imagine being shut in a cigar shaped tube of metal with 120 other guys, no sunlight and no way to get away from them. Nothing to do but eat, work, sleep.

The Marines have a different way of life than the Soldiers, who are different than the Airmen, who are different than the Sailors.

The average person has no clue about way of life these people live. When a Military person becomes a civilian, it's a horror story for MANY ex military, trying to re-learn how to be a civilian.

But then again, those who know, know. Thos who don't, can't.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:50 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Default Felonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
"Committing felonies"? What felonies would that be?
Please consult the UCMJ, it clearly lists them, as do previous posts.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:06 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the fact is that gays have always been in the military.... and I dont care, I am fine with that

but there is a differnce between being there, and being 'open' about something

are there pedophiles in the military...sure.. but see if one will openly admit it
are there racists in the military....sure..but see how they will be treated if they are open about it
are there alcohol abusers in the military...sure..but look at what will happen if they are open about it
are there drug users in the military...sure..but open up about that and you will be booted out, even if you selfrefer

the military has lots of diversity within its ranks, but the one thing that has always stood true,, is... dont volunteer any info

DADT allows gats to be IN the military as log as they dont OUT themselves

repealing DADT, simple gays (yes it is a lifestyle) will not be allowed at all
Gay is not a lifestyle, and repealing DADT will not ban gays from serving.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I have read, and I appreciate the fact that you were doing a job, and that you performed that job without prejudice. I thank you for your service.

May I ask, though, if you had any knowledge of the disposition of these cases, and if they were handled post-arrest without prejudice as well?
In my observation; for heterosexuals violating Art.125 of the UCMJ, the CMC/COB will commonly assign extra duties and writing an essay about why it was wrong to perform the action they were caught doing; while they are awaiting NJP. At NJP they may be awarded:
1- reduction in pay-grade;
2- fined 50% of their pay for up to 3 months;
3- reduced rations for a month or bread-water for a month;
4- 30-days in a brig followed by 30-days or restriction.

I have seen NJP awards which included all 4 of these possible options or as little as two of the above options.

For homosexuals the CMC/COB will commonly assign extra duties and writing an essay about why it was wrong to perform the action they were caught doing. Then the XO will process the individual to be discharged under a General or Administrative Discharge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies