Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2010, 11:51 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,532,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
A Clinton appointee. What a surprise!
Yep! And I'm sure proud that President Clinton signed my Retirement Certificate when I retired from the USAF!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 11:59 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,383 times
in the military men and women can not bunk together or shower together because they might be attracted to each other and who knows what might happen. same with gays if they are in the military fine, but they should have to shower and bunk seperately than straight men for the exact same reasons. men who are gay are attracted to other men just like a straight women are. gays who are secretly serving now will not allow themselves to show that they are gay or act on it because they will get kicked out.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:22 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times
Default no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
Answers:

Gays are no different than straights when it comes to these issues. The proof is in that they are already in the military. The fact that you don't like gay people and think less of them is really the only problem here.
Actually, that's not true. There are some people in the gay community who think they deserve special treatment, or want different rules applied to them. (please note i did not say ALL I said SOME).

Any time someone wants special treatment, it's a problem.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:35 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
In my opinion I don't see how stopping the DADT wont lead to special treatment.
Ok Homosexuals are attracked to the same sex so wont the straights and homosexuals need seperate showering and sleeping quarters?
If not, why would it be allowed? Women and men can't shower and sleep together so whats different?

Old 10-14-2010, 12:39 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
In my opinion I don't see how stopping the DADT wont lead to special treatment.
Ok Homosexuals are attracked to the same sex so wont the straights and homosexuals need seperate showering and sleeping quarters?
If not, why would it be allowed? Women and men can't shower and sleep together so whats different?
Why would they need separate showers and sleeping quarters? They shower together and sleep together now. Do you think homosexuals are suddenly going to be aggressively molesting every person they are attracted to? Because being openly gay means being predatory?

Old 10-14-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Why would they need separate showers and sleeping quarters? They shower together and sleep together now. Do you think homosexuals are suddenly going to be aggressively molesting every person they are attracted to? Because being openly gay means being predatory?
I explained why did you read it? I wasn't being a smart ass or anything, I asked a simple question, wow chill.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:48 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
I explained why did you read it? I wasn't being a smart ass or anything, I asked a simple question, wow chill.
You didn't explain anything. Try again.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:48 PM

723 posts, read 634,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Actually, that's not true. There are some people in the gay community who think they deserve special treatment, or want different rules applied to them. (please note i did not say ALL I said SOME).

Any time someone wants special treatment, it's a problem.
I still don't see how ending DADT amounts to special treatment. The shower situation keeps being brought up, but then I always hear from people in the military that soldiers no longer shower in a communal setting (though, this always confused me, especially when they are in combat). Either way, if there are actual cases of sexual harassment involved as a result of the shower situation, those can be resolved in the same manner as any other case of sexual harassment.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You didn't explain anything. Try again.
Thats what I thought. It explains plenty to me.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:51 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
You didn't explain a thing. Someone who is gay being allowed to serve openly shouldn't change a thing. Gays are in the Military now, yet they bunk with other men. So why would that change if they are allowed to serve openly?? They aren't going to all of a sudden start having random sex and groping others if they are allowed to serve openly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies