Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 11:27 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,119,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
um, no. I'm a liberal. I actually do understand what freedom means...
Then you are against freedom. Liberalism is the opposite of what made America great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 11:29 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,367,290 times
Quote:
fair enough.
see my most recent post (on page 2 of the thread):
Here's something you should read.

Frankly I don't think that anyone in the USA, lib or conservative would welcome Sharia Law in this country.

We should all fight it until there's nothing left to fight.

Fears of Sharia Law in America Grow Among Conservatives - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Old 10-13-2010, 11:30 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,595,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
They want only "Creation" taught in public schools.

They also want to abolish any science that might be in direct conflict of their "Holy Book."
I'd settle for good science. Honestly...I don't expect a science teacher to stand up with the Bible opened to Genesis 1, but it would be nice to ditch the evolution fairy tale.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:37 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,367,290 times
What Sharia Law in the USA will do is separate constitional law from the people of this country.

A time will come when a Muslim wants to have Sharia Law be used in his financial dealings at a MAINSTREAM AMERICAN bank (because there are already lenders in the USA that deal in Islamic law banking), and have it used in a court instead of Constitutional law.

Sharia already has a small opening to come in to the USA - the banking industry.

Islamic loans turn profit for banks in USA - USATODAY.com

Old 10-13-2010, 11:40 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,501,552 times
Quote:
sounds like it's right up your alley-
What an obnoxious post. This is why we have partisan issues in the country ..... you nuts throwing around messages like this. Right out your alley? Give me a break.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:50 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,923,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Liberalism is the opposite of what made America great.
Surely you jest!

If any ideological group is responsible for this country living up to the promise of its founding documents it is liberalism, be it in the form of Republican, Democratic or whatever political flavor of the moment.

My gawd, the country was founded on the most liberal positions known to mankind up to that point and has steadily built upon that heritage.

The end of indentured servitude,
The abolition of slavey,
The expansion of universal enfranchisement,
The protection of the rights of working people,
The Civil Rights movement...

The list of liberal accomplishments is endless, all conservatives have to crow about is the establishment of temporary road blocks that impede human progress.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:55 AM

857 posts, read 1,997,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Then you are against freedom. Liberalism is the opposite of what made America great.
whatever you say Professor Beck...

Old 10-13-2010, 12:00 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,405,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I can't think of any political group that would be more opposed to a "communist regime" than liberals. Personally, I would think that it would be roughly the same as living under a Republican one party state.

It would be the death nail of art, literature, and free expression.
Yeah because art and literature is so essential to the survival of a country.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:37 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,542,800 times
This forum just keeps proving me correct again and again. Someone just said evolution was a fairy tale yet believes gawd created the world. Christianity And Islam both repress people and freedom. True Christians aren't as bad as Muslims but they basically have the same core values.

Religion is a mental illnesses. It gets proven time and time again.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:39 PM

516 posts, read 374,001 times
Ah, the hate is strong in the left these days. Sharia law is right up their ally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies