Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 08:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Well, this is what people do when they can't agree about who attacked the USA on 9/11.

Conservatives believe one thing, libs believe another.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/14/joy-behar-whoopi-goldberg_n_762844.html
this was from a show in Oct 2 years ago. Why is it being brought up now?

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 08:42 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Anybody hear his telephone interview on Fox and Friends this morning? He stated he was not going to put up with this political correctness anymore. It's about time someone addresses that this "touchy feely, be nice and understanding, don't step on anyone's toes" crap is going to kill us. Were the 9-11 hijackers Wesleyan Methodists? Baptists? Episcopalians? Buddhists? No, they were MUSLIMS.
It seems to me that O'Reilly has been saying this for quite some time now. So, Fine. Over a decade ago I came to similar conclusions and identified myself as 'more moderate' than many.

After the outrage over the use of the term Muslims they went on to discuss the proposed mosque. O'Reilly-- 'A poll indicates that 70% of those who responded don't consider the mosque appropriate'---
To which Joy Behar responded--'I'd like to see that poll'.
This sort of exchange is hardly exceptional.
We can express opinions on every issue but few of us are in positions to make decisions.
I would prefer an update on the mosque. 'If wishes were horses beggars would ride.'

Old 10-15-2010, 08:52 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,385 times
www.oreilly-sucks.com - The Real No Spin Zone

'...Behar hosted former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura for a discussion on the situation. Ventura did not mince words when it came to O'Reilly or his Fox News colleages. "He's a spineless puke," Ventura said of O'Reilly. "The whole Fox network won't have me on. The nighttime guys. I call them the three stooges, and we all know which one's Curly. I view him and Hannity and them as the Three Stooges, because if they can't intimidate you, they won't have you on."...'

Old 10-15-2010, 08:56 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
www.oreilly-sucks.com - The Real No Spin Zone

'...Behar hosted former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura for a discussion on the situation. Ventura did not mince words when it came to O'Reilly or his Fox News colleages. "He's a spineless puke," Ventura said of O'Reilly. "The whole Fox network won't have me on. The nighttime guys. I call them the three stooges, and we all know which one's Curly. I view him and Hannity and them as the Three Stooges, because if they can't intimidate you, they won't have you on."...'
Jesse Ventura is an avowed "truther" and is a total loon.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:04 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Jesse Ventura is an avowed "truther" and is a total loon.
Bill O'Reilly is a bona fide bully and a leading bigoted Islamophobe .

Old 10-15-2010, 09:13 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
I give the girls credit for even sitting with this pompous arrogant bigot.

That being said, it is a show, the ratings are probably through the roof, everybody wins.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Bill O'Reilly is a ? journalist/member of the media. He expresses opinions. He has a style/adversarial at times. It is his job to attract viewers, increase ratings, increase profits.

I don't believe he is an Islamaphobe.

Nor do I particularly enjoy Bill O'Reilly and others of his ilk. Anderson Cooper is less abrasive--he makes his talking points. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I do not.

I understand the media's role in society.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:22 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Quote:
No, he actually isn't. He is a man who loves his country and tells it like it is.
Some of you refuse to recognize truth when you hear it.

And some are bonafied FOXaphobes! lol!!!

Old 10-15-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I give the girls credit for even sitting with this pompous arrogant bigot.

That being said, it is a show, the ratings are probably through the roof, everybody wins.
He was an invited guest.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:34 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
No, he actually isn't. He is a man who loves his country and tells it like it is.
Some of you refuse to recognize truth when you hear it.

And some are bonafied FOXaphobes! lol!!!
No, he's actually a perv that paid off his victim to the tune of "2 to 10 million" You don't give up that kind of money unless there was some serious things going down he wanted to keep from seeing the light of day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies