Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 11:36 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Treason, and should be charged as such. The vote count needs to be held until those ballots are returned.
Absolutely
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 12:44 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
There's no excuse for this behavior. Delaney should be canned. Now. And prosecuted, if appropriate.
Holder will get to him right after he finishes with the new black panthers.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:00 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Missing the point. If he wanted to improve democrats' chances, why would he have disenfranchised African-american voters in a past election? Makes no sense.
Like I said, I think that there is something going with this guy, but, I'm not so sure that it is strictly 'political.'

Maybe he's a racist And a Democrat!

Old 10-16-2010, 09:28 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times

EXCLUSIVE: Illinois Elections Officials Caught Lying About Military Ballots

by Capitol Confidential This is a national disgrace. The Illinois State Board of Elections has been lying about the status of military absentee ballots and a lazy Department of Justice has allowed itself to be duped.
In an e-mail exchange between the Illinois State Board of Elections and the Department of Justice’s Voting Section shows the State has been misleading DOJ for almost a month.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:35 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
We demand jail time.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:15 PM

152 posts, read 212,035 times
Lightbulb How to make your vote count

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
This guy seriously needs to go to jail.

"Robert Delaney, the Illinois Election Official who refused to mail 1,300 Military Absentee ballots for 14 days beyond the Federal deadline has a history of disenfranchising voters. In 2009 Delaney, an active Democrat, was sued by a group of citizens in St. Clair County who claimed he used his office to disenfranchise hundreds of voters in a predominantly African-American community......

"....This year, his target is the members of the military who are fighting for our country. Regarding the current inquiry by the Justice Department into Delaney’s handling of the military ballots he said:

'I really don’t care what the Department of Justice thinks.'"

» Dem Clerk Who Disenfranchised 1300 Military Voters Has a History of Voter Suppression - Big Government
I concur.
I know if I were in the military and found out my vote did not count I'd be furious.
It is easy to figure out who supports Robert Delaney actions. And nothing will come of it until WE THE PEOPLE, make them listen.
Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, Rahm Emanual, are all happy recipients of Robert Delaney actions.
If your state is not letting your vote count, they are basically; disowning you. They are not showing gratitude for your service and sacrifice to YOUR country.
The reasoning is because most of those in the military are Republicans, and from the Bible Belt.
Here is my proposal to make the Democrats, the Whitehouse, and Congress to WAKE UP.
If you are on Active Duty (and an enlisted member) and you are tired of the following:
  • 1. Your vote not being counted.
  • 2. Paying high state taxes.
  • 3. Funding Democratic views AND POLICIES.
There is a way to get all three of your wishes answered above.
  • 1. Change your record of legal residence.
  • 2. Change your Home of Record.
To do this you will need to see a personnel clerk in S1. It is also recommended to see a JAG
Officer.
If you are stationed in Texas, you already have a leg up, on everyone else. Maybe all you need is a Texas Drivers License, but check with your S1 office and/or JAG Office.
I would recommend changing those two records to Texas for the following reasons:
  • 1. We are PROUD of our men and women in the service.
  • 2. We are primarily GOP/ Republicans.
  • 3. We insure that their votes are heard.
  • 4. We are part of the Bible Belt, and proud of it.
  • 5. We don't have an individual tax.
  • 6. We do not allow homosexual marriages.
  • 7. We uphold the Death penalty.
  • 8. We have numerous Veteran benefits, including a program to help veterans buy a home, etc.
  • 9. Our economy and jobs are better.
  • 10. You Don't Mess with Texas.
Here is a pdf link:
STATE OF LEGAL RESIDENCE CERTIFICATE
You can find these two statements on the link above.
Information is required for determining the correct State of legal residence for purposes of withholding State income taxes from military pay.
Enlisted members may change their "home of record" at the time they sign a new enlistment contract.
When Illinois, and other states like them start losing individual taxes paid by services members, maybe they'll start listening.
Read "The formula for changing your State" thoroughly in the PDF above.
Home Page for the PDF above is Provider of DoD Technical Information to Support the Warfighter
This problem with military absentee ballots has been ongoing for years.
Here is a PDF link where
http://books.google.com/books?id=Qqcg22LfCa8C&pg=PA26400&lpg=PA26400&dq=ab sentee+ballot
+military&source=bl&ots=KebPPIopF4&sig=ADrcJXC6AKv jzGsLuY7ViLZG2jc&hl=en&ei=VUa7TMmxKsL6lwfH1NGzDQ&s
a=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CCcQ6AE wBA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Congressman Matt Salmon was fighting this same thing back in 2000.

The link above starts on page 26400, but if you scroll up you can catch where Congressman Matt Salmon speech begins.
Op's link refers to 1,300 ballots for Illinois.
Foxnews.com has one for 320000 military servicemen and other overseas personnel for New York.
Let us not forget this man, Attorney General Eric Holder; while we are talking about absentee ballots.
He isn't doing anything about it, other than throwing a smoke screen, while it is going on.

Sorry but you'll have to cut copy paste the book.google link.

Last edited by USS Enterprise CV-6; 10-17-2010 at 07:26 PM..

Old 10-24-2010, 09:04 PM

152 posts, read 212,035 times
Lightbulb How To Make Your Vote Count

Illinois Absentee Voters Only Get One-day Extension, after ballots being sent two weeks late.
Can we say THANK YOU Illinios, we are so happy that we can lay our life on the line and have to plead for our right to vote.
If you want your vote to count read the post above.
Illinois Absentee Voters Only Get One-day Extension | Foxnews.com

Old 10-25-2010, 06:20 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Missing the point. If he wanted to improve democrats' chances, why would he have disenfranchised African-american voters in a past election? Makes no sense.
Like I said, I think that there is something going with this guy, but, I'm not so sure that it is strictly 'political.'
You are assuming that all African-American voters are voting democratic.

Perhaps a community organizer can 'get out the vote'.

Eric Holder is O's lackey and does his job on the level of the usual Chicago political machine. Nothing will be done.....ever. It's an acceptable modus operandi for this DOJ.

If anything the guy responsible for this debacle will get a promotion or czar-ship in O's new plan for voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies