U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2010, 03:03 PM

60,278 posts, read 30,657,929 times

Advertisements

17 days and counting, the people will be forced to deal with an unpleasant situation which they have avoided until now.

Can it get here fast enough!

What is the first thing on the plate for the new Republican Congress?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 03:11 PM

7,526 posts, read 6,966,771 times
Repeal/defund Obamacare. Hopefully the morons in congress now will have already voted to extend the Bush taxcuts.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:13 PM

11,449 posts, read 13,920,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
17 days and counting, the people will be forced to deal with an unpleasant situation which they have avoided until now.

Can it get here fast enough!

What is the first thing on the plate for the new Republican Congress?
1.Abolish the EPA.
2. Disband (and make illegal) all unions.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:17 PM

7,526 posts, read 6,966,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
1.Abolish the EPA.
Did you turn in your D card??

Old 10-16-2010, 03:19 PM

29,609 posts, read 31,937,404 times
Duplicate of your own thread. Weird.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:33 PM

12,738 posts, read 7,362,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Duplicate of your own thread. Weird.
I think the mods pulled it because of the religious references. I was gonna post this in the other thread.

Yes, the day of reckoning is at hand. When Miller, Angle, O'Donnell, Paladino and other of Palin's Posse lose, the mainstream republican party will kick the tea party back to the cheap seats.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:37 PM

44,924 posts, read 27,043,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
1.Abolish the EPA.
Finally we agree whole heartedly on something except that the other things mentioned before you may come ahead of what we agree on.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:29 PM

54,199 posts, read 38,266,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I think the mods pulled it because of the religious references. I was gonna post this in the other thread.

Yes, the day of reckoning is at hand. When Miller, Angle, O'Donnell, Paladino and other of Palin's Posse lose, the mainstream republican party will kick the tea party back to the cheap seats.
When the NeoConfused start claiming to know the workings of God can their self-righteous 'family values' crap be far behind?

I wonder who they'll trot out to make that speech..........................

Newt Gingrich?

Mark Sanford?

Larry Craig?

Some new star in their self-righteous little world?

Old 10-16-2010, 06:54 PM

4,406 posts, read 5,319,856 times
Why would anyone want to abolish the EPA? Let's just dump our toxins in the river, it's unmonitored! Who cares if your well smells like turpentine, the fracking at my natural gas facility didn't do it! Don't forget your gas mask for your drive to work, honey! It would be a disaster so bad that I would actually go out and randomly kill people.

Anyone who expects the Republicans to do the right thing is nuts. They never did before. We still have abortion, we still overspend even when they take charge, and we still have that pesky Dept. of Education and the EPA. Did anyone in conservative circles ever value the art of compromise or is it always their way or the highway? Or in this case, the highway through the old growth forest and rare species habitat that's now next to a new Walmart, the new MountainTop Removal mine operation, and the smeltering plant. You can't miss it. When your nose bleeds, you'll know you arrived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies