Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 03:30 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times

Advertisements

How uplifting and positive is the message coming from the so-called conservative Republican's right now? How positive has it been for the past 2 years?

All I've heard is just what y'all are repeating here: "Oh, my God! Obama is ruining the nation!"

How uplifting is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 03:42 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
How uplifting and positive is the message coming from the so-called conservative Republican's right now? How positive has it been for the past 2 years?

All I've heard is just what y'all are repeating here: "Oh, my God! Obama is ruining the nation!"

How uplifting is that?
Not very positive at all. At the sametime, I thought being liberal was being: Progressive and forward thinking? Being "better" then the other guy? Looking on the brightside of things? Thinking of fluffy clouds and rainbows?

Obvisously, I was mistaken...

Old 10-17-2010, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Not very positive at all. At the sametime, I thought being liberal was being: Progressive and forward thinking? Being "better" then the other guy? Looking on the brightside of things? Thinking of fluffy clouds and rainbows?

Obvisously, I was mistaken...

If that's the definition of liberal, I don't qualify either.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:35 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Not ONCE have they ever said one positive thing about the USA.
I transfered to a new office 4 years ago. I work mostly with liberals who like to talk politics and give their opinions about the country. They were at it again to today trashing the country and how we don't do the good things other countries do and I realized that in all the political discussions I have heard from my coworkers(which I don't participate in) in these last 4 years, not one time have they had a kind, uplifting thing to say about this country.
Sad.
Liberals have a very negative attitude about people in general, not just this country.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:56 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Not ONCE have they ever said one positive thing about the USA.
I transfered to a new office 4 years ago. I work mostly with liberals who like to talk politics and give their opinions about the country. They were at it again to today trashing the country and how we don't do the good things other countries do and I realized that in all the political discussions I have heard from my coworkers(which I don't participate in) in these last 4 years, not one time have they had a kind, uplifting thing to say about this country.
Sad.

Liberals are relevant as long as the the US is an effed-up nation in need of liberal do-goodery.

It's called imaginative need-based reality.

To the liberal mind, the US isn't what it actually is, but rather what the liberals need it to be. Affirmative Action really screwed-up liberalism in the US since the worst consequences of racism and sexism were mitigated by the anti-poor-white-male AA programs designed to remedy past wrongs of people not yet born when the wrongs took place. Now liberals are in the pathetically awkward position of trying desperately to sell the idea that these same poor white male victims of AA whose only crime was being born poor white and male are the sole the cause of everyone else's problems.

The truth is no one needs a liberal in 2010. Liberals did wonderful important things in the 1960s, but they forgot to go away when their work was completed.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:03 AM

783 posts, read 815,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
If that's the definition of liberal, I don't qualify either.
The right wing is very lousy when it comes to political defintions an espacially to the subjec of liberalism. Liberalism is a broad defintion strecthing from conservative to moderate liberals to left wing liberals.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:04 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
all talk was negative against the US ? did they have a specific country that they thought was doing a good job with whatever ideology they were embracing ?

I worked with someone who'd been an exchange student to Sweden. She thought Sweden was the be-all, end-all. In Sweden, they did this...in Sweden...in Sweden...in Sweden. I felt like asking her why she didn't stay in Sweden, if Sweden was so great? (I wish she had). In discussing Obama at election time, she stated his policies would make the U.S. "more like they run things in Sweden". One co-worker finally said to her, "I don't want to live in Sweden".

Old 10-17-2010, 06:19 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I worked with someone who'd been an exchange student to Sweden. She thought Sweden was the be-all, end-all. In Sweden, they did this...in Sweden...in Sweden...in Sweden. I felt like asking her why she didn't stay in Sweden, if Sweden was so great? (I wish she had). In discussing Obama at election time, she stated his policies would make the U.S. "more like they run things in Sweden". One co-worker finally said to her, "I don't want to live in Sweden".
I knew a German who had emigrated here to open a business and he was always going on and on about how much better it was in Germany for this, that and the other thing.
Oddly, he conveniently ignored the fact that he would have never been able to start up and run a business in this utopia he was always referencing, but in fact had had to come here, to realize his dream of self-employment and relative economic freedom.

When liberals are done with America, we'll be no better/different than Europe.
And they'll love that it will just bring us that much closer to their fantasy vision of one world order.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:26 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I, for one, am not surprised. Liberals like to refer to themselves as being just as patriotic as conservatives. But all you have to do is look at the policies they push and the detrimental effects that those policies have on this country, and it doesn't take long to see that liberalism is the very reason we are headed down the schitter. Free Love For All, No Matter The Cost, No Matter The Consequences. And it does indeed have consequences.

If its legal, its moral. If it hurts somones feelings, its illegal. If you're poor, you're entitled. If you're rich, you're a criminal.

That's liberalism in America. America be damned, as long as they get what they want.
Must be referring to the rich and affluent conservatives.

Now that's funny.

You've just run across a liberal veteran who happens to BE PATRIOTIC!

Ignorance abounds in these threads, yes it do.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
The right wing is very lousy when it comes to political defintions an espacially to the subjec of liberalism. Liberalism is a broad defintion strecthing from conservative to moderate liberals to left wing liberals.
...to libertarians like me, though I sometimes answer to liberal just to distiguish myself from the modern-day, run o' the mill "conservative" who is anything BUT conservative. And doesn't know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies