Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 01:26 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It's called watching the expanding debt, and new laws and government policies chipping away at our freedoms and liberties, for decades, and then watching all those same things being accelerated by a multiple of four under 0bama, and doing all you can to halt it from continuing.

What is so wrong with the TEA party message?

• Do you think the $13.6 trillion debt is too high, and unhealthy?
  • Do you think to many government programs are run inefficiently, and are being overrun with fraud, waste and abuse?
  • Do you think we cannot sustain $1+ trillion deficits each year?
  • Do you think programs like the Patriot Act are chipping away at our rights and freedoms?
  • Do you think government is expanding too much, and taking over too much of our economy, and encroaching too far into our lives?
Do you agree with any of these points?
Don't forget your daddy left us with 2 wars, a recession, and a debt too. Obama didn't ask for this recession, it was handed to him on a silver platter. The Gov. expanded more under bushka than any other prez. before him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 01:29 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Not ONCE have they ever said one positive thing about the USA.
I transfered to a new office 4 years ago. I work mostly with liberals who like to talk politics and give their opinions about the country. They were at it again to today trashing the country and how we don't do the good things other countries do and I realized that in all the political discussions I have heard from my coworkers(which I don't participate in) in these last 4 years, not one time have they had a kind, uplifting thing to say about this country.
Sad.
Why don't you ask them what they like about the country? When people spout off about politics, usually they're saying something negative, not positive. Obviously, they want to see changes, and that's part of what makes them liberal. Do you want them to start talking about how wonderful things are even if they don't believe it?

All you have to do is look at the conservative comments on this forum to see that most conservatives here spend most of their time complaining too.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:34 PM

590 posts, read 554,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Don't forget your daddy left us with 2 wars, a recession, and a debt too. Obama didn't ask for this recession, it was handed to him on a silver platter. The Gov. expanded more under bushka than any other prez. before him.
Yeah, if he didn't want the recession and the wars, then why did he run for president in 2008? He knew exactly what he was going to be faced with, but he took the country in the wrong direction. Just wait a few years as we start seeing the negative after effects of the policies he put in place, and as the deficit continues to climb.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:07 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Dweller View Post
Yeah, if he didn't want the recession and the wars, then why did he run for president in 2008? He knew exactly what he was going to be faced with, but he took the country in the wrong direction. Just wait a few years as we start seeing the negative after effects of the policies he put in place, and as the deficit continues to climb.
I doubt he knew what he was getting into. He didn't find out until very recently that shovel ready didn't mean that all kinds of jobs could be had with shovels waiting for all the workers he thought would come along. He didn't show a lot of intelligence when he admitted that he had told a lie about those shovel ready jobs.

Also, he managed to go over $1.3 trillion more in debt so far this year. How can anybody compare the Bush spending with that?

Old 10-18-2010, 02:07 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,706,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Not ONCE have they ever said one positive thing about the USA.
I transfered to a new office 4 years ago. I work mostly with liberals who like to talk politics and give their opinions about the country. They were at it again to today trashing the country and how we don't do the good things other countries do and I realized that in all the political discussions I have heard from my coworkers(which I don't participate in) in these last 4 years, not one time have they had a kind, uplifting thing to say about this country.
Sad.
you're absolutely right on! Look back to 9-11-2001... What happened after the attacks? Approx 90% of Americans rallied around GW Bush. So, of course liberals were also very patriotic during that time. But, it took a national emergency, and 90% public opinion to acknowledge this.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
hello, McFly??? The wars were a huge part of Gov't expansion. Now look at Obama... he is expanding gov't even more.
You are blaming Bush for the very things that Obama does 10X worse.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:32 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,295,470 times
Liberals are very patriotic, we're just patriotic over different things. To me, patriotism means upholding the Constitution. The American genius as been to continually extend rights to individuals, even if such extensions are temporarily unpopular with the majority.

We're committed to certain ideals that sometimes conflict with our emotions or personal preferences. Setting aside personal feelings for larger principles is patriotic. For example, we strongly believe in freedom of speech, even when we don't agree with the speech itself (as in the Phelps case). We believe in freedom of religion, even if we're sometime uncomfortable with aspect of a particular religion (as in the lower Manhattan mosque). We believe in equal protection under the law for all persons, including gays and lesbians.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post
Liberals are very patriotic, we're just patriotic over different things. To me, patriotism means upholding the Constitution. The American genius as been to continually extend rights to individuals, even if such extensions are temporarily unpopular with the majority.

We're committed to certain ideals that sometimes conflict with our emotions or personal preferences. Setting aside personal feelings for larger principles is patriotic. For example, we strongly believe in freedom of speech, even when we don't agree with the speech itself (as in the Phelps case). We believe in freedom of religion, even if we're sometime uncomfortable with aspect of a particular religion (as in the lower Manhattan mosque). We believe in equal protection under the law for all persons, including gays and lesbians.
your post sounds great... but it doesn't sound like any liberals that I ever heard.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:41 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I blame every president since wilson and the federal reserve.
I blame every one of them since Washington!

Old 10-18-2010, 06:39 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Are you complaining about America?
Why, no, of course not. I was being racist, bigoted, sexist, and homophobic, all at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies