Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 11:04 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I used to be one of those people, who voted straight ticket Democrat and supported Obama in 2008. Then I sat down and watched Fox for one day and watched Beck and O'Reilly for their full show, and now I've tapped into my inner conservative . Thank you Obama! Without you, I would never have found my inner self

Good for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 11:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Many indys and left side GOP supported Obama and are only coming back and acknowledging their huge mistake.

There are not enough liberals in America for a liberal whacko like Obama to ever win unless they pull tons of votes from the center and left side of the GOP.

Obama has now screwed it up for future liberals because he has now ruined the chances of any legit candidate to win.

I call it the the gift of Obama.

He will cause the end of liberalism in America for many years to come. His massive failures, lies and broken promises all have come to the front and people are disgusting in his classless way of doing things, his misuse of the office and his embarrassing and apologizing to everyone for things HE believes America has done wrong.

The gift of Obama will help America get stronger and recover from the mess Obama and the democratic loons in this current congress left us in.

Liberalism is a dying thing in America, get used to it.

Only 20% still consider themselves liberal, going down every month since the gift showed up. The smart ones are too embarrassed to call themselves liberal.

Thank you for telling it as it really is. I truly believe that so many gave Obama a chance, and believed in him. But truthfully he has let so many people down, people are unsure and uneasy about tomorrow. I truthfully feel that so many people are just plain fed up to the point, that they no longer buy what it is he is selling. They will not be deceived twice, and the message going out there, i watched 2 shows tonight, with interviews by people in both parties, a lot of dems are actually fed up with the way their party is going, so many of them and a lot of them did state they are running to the other side, they are fed up, and don't like the way the Country is going. The majority of dems interviewed, are voting the other side, while some, are so fed up with their party, and so mad at the same time, not good messages being sent out. Lets face it smart people cannot be duped a second time around.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:25 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Good for you
I second that!

Old 10-20-2010, 12:45 AM

454 posts, read 482,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Obama's promise to put all bills on the White House web site for five days before signing them.

Obama's promise to have the congressional health care negotiations broadcast live on C-SPAN.

Obama's promise to end earmarks.

Obama's promise to keep unemployment from rising above 8 percent.

Obama's promise to close the detention center at Guantanamo in the first year.

Obama's promise to make peace with direct, no precondition talks with America's most hate-filled enemies during his first year in office, ushering in a new era of global cooperation.

Obama's promise to end the hiring of former lobbyists into high White House jobs.

He broke Obama's promise to end no-compete contracts with the government.

Obama's promise to disclose the names of all attendees at closed White House meetings.

Obama's promise for a new era of bipartisan cooperation in all matters.

Will President Obama ever accept responsibility for something... - anything?

He sold his soul and this country because George Soros
bank rolled him and now Obama has to follow through
unless he wants to become what America is slowly becoming
LOST

Did you ever wonder how Obama comes up with all of the crap that he is trying to get legalized into our way of life. He didn't think of it himself, but his boss gave him his orders to do all of the things that he has already tried and did.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i....asp?indid=977

Obama's first official act (on his very first day as President) was to sign an executive order to seal all documents relevant to his past!

Obama's first act as President EXECUTIVE ORDER 13489 banning release of any of his records
It's not him it's all Bush's fault I wander how long thinking people will continue to say this.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:53 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conc1 View Post
It's not him it's all Bush's fault I wander how long thinking people will continue to say this.
President Obama has 8 long years of the Bush administration debaucle to undo. I will therefore give President Obama 8 years to accomplish this feat.

GWB truly "effed" our nation and somehow, some way, the Repugnantcans and the Tea Party ilk want this nation to believe that President Obama is the "cause"?

Nope, sorry son.....do more work. The Republicans talk a good game....like silver tongued devils good. But only the truly naive by into it. Only the weakminded are charmed by the snakes.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:23 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
President Obama has 8 long years of the Bush administration debaucle to undo. I will therefore give President Obama 8 years to accomplish this feat.

GWB truly "effed" our nation and somehow, some way, the Repugnantcans and the Tea Party ilk want this nation to believe that President Obama is the "cause"?

Nope, sorry son.....do more work. The Republicans talk a good game....like silver tongued devils good. But only the truly naive by into it. Only the weakminded are charmed by the snakes.

Ok, you can give Obama 6 more years if you want, but I'm not. 2012 cannot come soon enough

Old 11-07-2010, 08:30 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Ok, you can give Obama 6 more years if you want, but I'm not. 2012 cannot come soon enough
I will absolutely give President Obama a full 8 years.

I already know that the Republicans have zero answers. The previous Republican President had zero answers and was a major eff up.

It really is sad that some have selective memory about what Dubya did to this country. The deficit was caused by Dubya's unnecessary spending on an unnecessary war. Where was the Tea Party to protest THAT FACT?

I will admit that the Republicans are masters of "spin"....its time for President Obama to get people on his team who will fight down in the gutters and sewers where the Reps and TP ilk reside.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:34 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
People believe this? Hmm, the Congressional Dems have a very unfavorable rating from the public, now some would have you believe, they would shift to the GOP, that has an even more dismal public rating? That would be amazing.
They are frustrated and angry more than anything else.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:36 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I used to be one of those people, who voted straight ticket Democrat and supported Obama in 2008. Then I sat down and watched Fox for one day and watched Beck and O'Reilly for their full show, and now I've tapped into my inner conservative . Thank you Obama! Without you, I would never have found my inner self
Your inner self is batty?

I'm not buying it otherwise.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:37 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,507 times
Quote:
Would you say that (so far) is one of the worst Presidencies of all time?
kingdomcome1 !!! ... Absolutely !

Without A Shadow Of A Doubt ..... An "Unprecedented Embarrassment" for America that will stand for how ever long this country has left on the world stage !

Thank goodness the "Taxed Enough Already Group" is successfully enlightening the American People in regards to giving the acutely destructive ... "HO & Crew" the "Big Voters Boot" out of office in 2012 !!!

.... and that will be an event well worth remembering !!!

Thanks Y"ALL / Old Sgt. Lamar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies