Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 10:33 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,510,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
They were testing the waters and got the reaction they were looking for.

Typical.
I'm surprised you haven't been kicked out of Europe. It is not relevant as to their intentions....Heterosexual couples can do as they please in public...I've seen some going at it during a football game but who cares...None of my business....I'd hardly have them evicted...OR were those straight people pushing some agenda! PULEASE!!!!!!. Paranoid Delusions!

Bottom Line.......ALL gay folks boycott that mall and shop elsewhere......I'm starting to "speak" with my feet and spending habits; I'd advise all gay and cool people to do likewise..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 10:44 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,310,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
1. I am not a Christian.

2. Having read the bible, G_d wasn't very tolerant. Does Sodom and Gomorrah have any meaning? Not very tolerant based upon MY understanding....
God never went after lezzies, just weird guys.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:10 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,310,529 times
Anyone know the Muslim penalty for a married woman's adulterous affair with another woman?

There'd be a real macho-honor problem there, wouldn't there?

Old 10-19-2010, 12:15 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,431,385 times
Absoutely stupid way of thinking. Get a grip N.C. or any other State that feels this way for gosh sakes in 2010 these stories should not be an issue. If this couple were a straight couple would they have been asked to leave.This is not the right kind of message to send out there, this is the sort of problem, that creates problems for Gays, get over your fears and phobias please people, there is so much important things in life to worry about then a gay couple kissing. In vegas recently i saw a straight couple and 2 gals and a guy, practically taking each others clothes off on the strip, no problem there, they were kissing up a storm, and and a lot of touching going on, if you know what i mean, no one i feel really paid attention, ok we looked, but no big deal, i guess what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. We need to lighten up on Gays, or People of color, where does drag queens rank in the mix, Vegas has plenty of them, how are they looked upon.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:46 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,164,273 times
Default I don't recollect -

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
1) Not a Christian either.

2) Christianity is based on the belief that Jesus is the son of God, and worship of him. Jesus said to love everyone as if they were your neighbor. He didn't say "Only love the straight, rich white people."

Jesus made a particular effort to include anyone cast aside by society or on the outside of it. He didn't say feel free to discriminate in my name...he said love everyone. He said the kingdom of Heaven is open to anyone.
I understand that people say that he said a lot of things, but it's very interesting to note, he didn't say violating any of the commandments was ok and that we should allow that, and I don't recollect his refuting any of the laws in the 5 books of Moses. I also do not recollect his saying that you can ignore those laws, rules, regulations that you don't like and simply follow the ones that you like.

I believe the relevant article is in Leviticus. While jesus did preach acceptance and tolerance, he did not preach that you could adhere to those laws you liked and ignore the ones you don't.

Finally, let me say, I am not speaking for, or against the actions of the mall or the couple in question, nor am I saying that I agree or disagree with homosexuality. I agree it isn't MY lifestyle, and I agree that it is the lifestyle of others. I will leave the right/wrong/morality of that to whoever the final judge is, it's not my right or responsibility to make any judgements, so I will simply accept all people at face value and those who earn my respect will have my respect, those who don't, won't.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:33 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,085,858 times
Fortunately, the gay and cool people in Raleigh are logical. They find no reason to boycott the shopping center.

It makes no sense because only ONE person was the problem, and the shopping center management/owners took care of the problem through suspension of the guard and education of all other employees.

Case closed.

A boycott would be in order IF there had been no followup action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I'm surprised you haven't been kicked out of Europe. It is not relevant as to their intentions....Heterosexual couples can do as they please in public...I've seen some going at it during a football game but who cares...None of my business....I'd hardly have them evicted...OR were those straight people pushing some agenda! PULEASE!!!!!!. Paranoid Delusions!

Bottom Line.......ALL gay folks boycott that mall and shop elsewhere......I'm starting to "speak" with my feet and spending habits; I'd advise all gay and cool people to do likewise..

Old 10-19-2010, 09:40 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,763,381 times
What would happen if a heterosexual couple exhibited the same behaviors these women did? If straight people can smooch with impunity, but two women cannot, then it's discrimination.

I remember reading about a girl/girl couple who were ejected for smooching in a mall. They had just witnessed a hetero couple doing a bit more than that (the girlfriend had tugged on the boyfriend's saggybritches, and his junk had popped out). The guard did nothing to the hetero couple, although clearly, exposing one's junk at the mall (as much as I would personally love seeing that) is worse than two girls holding hands.

Mall Rats have created tense situations in malls, and their behavior can and does drive malls out of business. Half-billion-dollar pieces of property are sitting empty, because shoppers avoided them...because of behavior that got out of control. So, I can see that guards would be instructed to keep teens, etc. from behaving in certain ways.

And I can see how a low-IQ guard...someone whose world view is colored by some downmarket religious sect, and who lacks the mental skills necessary for nuance and reasoning, could think he was acting appropriately.

I've already printed out the photo of Ms Breedlove, though, and will show it to the next person who insinuates I'm really a Lesbian because I HATE EARRINGS.

I sincerely hope the mall gives Breedlove a Makeover Package, complete with Cellophane Treatment for her hair (and a new hairstyle....something radical but flattering....she needs bangs, bad). I can see her in a knit top, with a boat neckline...a loose knit, in a Silk/Angora/Linen yarn...that neat color between Shell Pink and Beige. Those giant rainbow earrings need to go, and maybe be replaced with some Alexandrite cabochon Scarabs set in Pink Gold...or simple buttons in Obsidian. A few months with a personal trainer, and her lines would be refined enough to really be stunning in such an outfit. And although she needs no makeup, I think sending her to the Clinique counter for a good skincare regimen would brighten her complexion. As you can see, I have very deep spiritual values, honed by years and years of shopping.

But back to the reality that this poor girl lives in: I suppose it boils down to what precisely is meant by 'sharing a kiss'? Generally, when that tacky phrasing is used, it means two people were behaving inappropriately, and are trying to minimize what happened. So, did they do the quick hug and kiss thing nobody thinks much about, or did they deep-French and stagger around in each other's arms for a while? Was it a quick show of affection, or were they actually making out?

Old 10-19-2010, 03:40 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,413,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I understand that people say that he said a lot of things, but it's very interesting to note, he didn't say violating any of the commandments was ok and that we should allow that, and I don't recollect his refuting any of the laws in the 5 books of Moses. I also do not recollect his saying that you can ignore those laws, rules, regulations that you don't like and simply follow the ones that you like.

I believe the relevant article is in Leviticus. While jesus did preach acceptance and tolerance, he did not preach that you could adhere to those laws you liked and ignore the ones you don't.

Finally, let me say, I am not speaking for, or against the actions of the mall or the couple in question, nor am I saying that I agree or disagree with homosexuality. I agree it isn't MY lifestyle, and I agree that it is the lifestyle of others. I will leave the right/wrong/morality of that to whoever the final judge is, it's not my right or responsibility to make any judgements, so I will simply accept all people at face value and those who earn my respect will have my respect, those who don't, won't.

The same laws that said a man owns his wife, what days it is OK to eat certain meats, that an adulterous wife should be stoned...shall I go on?

Old 10-19-2010, 05:22 PM

6,392 posts, read 5,164,273 times
Default Are you sure you speak english?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So you're arguing that people in Asian countries do not hold hands?
That's the statement that I made.
What you read into it is on you, not me.

Most hateros are shocked when they see it.

I didn't say anything of the sort, Maybe you should hire a translator so that they can read to you what was said, in a language you can understand.

Original quote and reply -
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl
So many people better no travel to South Korea.
People of the same gender hold hands a lot.
Culturally, it's completely acceptable.
In other countries, same gender friends can hold hands and not be ridiculed or harassed.

Quote:
Actually I can name several dozen counties without even trying where you could find yourself shot, or worse for what these 2 did in the mall.

I am pointing out the fallacy of your statement. \

You should not use, "XYZ Does it", so should we, because the opposite is, "ZYX doesn't allow it", why shouldnt we follow their lead.

You should try to make your point without the comparisons, since opposing comparisons are easily found and made.
I'll say it again, it's not a good idea to say that "x country does it so we should" because someone else will say that "Y country doesnt do it so we shouldn't do it".

Definition of COMPREHENSION

a : the act or action of grasping with the intellect : understanding b : knowledge gained by comprehending c : the capacity for understanding fully <mysteries that are beyond our comprehension>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies