U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 04:38 PM

25,107 posts, read 35,151,010 times

Advertisements

I have two sons of adult age. Neither voted for Obama before - nor will in the future. Nor will my two teenage grandsons (one voting for the very first time this year).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 04:39 PM

21,633 posts, read 11,085,343 times
Obama could have been a better president. He wants his agenda not the peoples.. young people are figuring this out. Right now we need a president to help the country recover. His policies have created alot of hesitation and fear in many people as to what he wants to do. Cap and trade , then healthcare which they never read, just passed it,and a first, mandating that all people will have to buy healthcare .

We cannot have faith in a president who wants his ideas in motion without thought of how it hinders creation of jobs which we need desperately.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:39 PM

4,570 posts, read 6,533,844 times
2012 will be the first time I will be eligible to vote. I may or may not be voting for Obama, but Ron Paul has me won so far.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:02 PM

30,542 posts, read 33,359,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I have two sons of adult age. Neither voted for Obama before - nor will in the future. Nor will my two teenage grandsons (one voting for the very first time this year).
You never know. No, really...you don't. There are lot's of ways of showing yoru disapproval but telling us who your think other people will/won't ever vote for is stupid. They might have already and you will still never know.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:06 PM

30,542 posts, read 33,359,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I have two teenage sons who will be eligible to vote in 2012. They both will be voting for Obama so that will cancel out your vote and up you one!
Maybe they will and maybe they won't. We don't even know who the candidates are yet so it's still a little early to be deciding on something that will happen 2 years from now.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:06 PM

25,107 posts, read 35,151,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You never know. No, really...you don't. There are lot's of ways of showing yoru disapproval but telling us who your think other people will/won't ever vote for is stupid. They might have already and you will still never know.
Nah - I know. My two adult kids dislike Obama (one is in the military) more than you can imagine.

My grandson tells me (and has shown me) his disdain for Obama as well. My grandson voted early in NV and voted (according to him) against Reid.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:10 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,546,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I am also part of youth and I will be voting for Obama too.
In the primary? At this point, I am not sure he will even be nominated.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:15 PM

20,017 posts, read 15,696,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Nah - I know. My two adult kids dislike Obama (one is in the military) more than you can imagine.

My grandson tells me (and has shown me) his disdain for Obama as well. My grandson voted early in NV and voted (according to him) against Reid.
You can't vote against someone.

As much as I normally disagree with Ceece, he/she has a point. It all depends on the situation really. It's probably true they didn't vote for Obama, but not necessarily the case. Sort of the same way as a daughter says with a twinkle in her eye to her pops that she's still a virgin or that she hasn't bedded someone of a different race (assuming the father disapproves of either)

Old 10-17-2010, 05:24 PM

86,900 posts, read 102,364,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Not likely. Kids like this are routinely brainwashed into adopting views not their own.

With that kind of propaganda reining down, I imagine not.
"Kids like this"? Care to elaborate on what "this" is?

Old 10-17-2010, 05:25 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,260,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownVentura View Post
In the primary? At this point, I am not sure he will even be nominated.
Whenever there is a chance to vote for Obama, I shall.

And as far as mid term elections go,I am just voting straight Democrat ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies