Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 04:07 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Great, now explain by what consistent objective standard, as applied to homosexuality, we rule out any of the other now taboo sexual deviations.
Good point.

How come polygomy is so bad. Many animals practice it,
way more than homosexual.

At least, it is a man and woman. They can even reproduce
normally, without the use of science or lawyers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 04:47 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Great, now explain by what consistent objective standard, as applied to homosexuality, we rule out any of the other now taboo sexual deviations.
Genetics, psychological outcomes of homosexuals...

Polygamy is not genetic. Nor is pedophilia. These are sexual behaviors, not orientations. There is a difference.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:00 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,929,154 times
The fact that people are still debating about "homosexuality" shows how dumb America is: the fact that universities study "sexuality" in certain programs reveals to me that we are even dumber as a nation: the fact the masses of people get angry and frustrated over homosexuality reveals that we are indeed one of the dumbest nations on the planet. A gay man gets an erection when he see another physically attractive gay man: the two start to date: they move in: they form a partnership. End of story. This is not complicated.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:22 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,513,918 times
^^^^^^^This video kinda sums it up>>>>>>

YouTube - Americans are NOT stupid - WITH SUBTITLES

And this one is hysterical>>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ail3A...feature=relmfu

Old 03-06-2011, 06:20 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I personally do not believe that people are "born" homosexual, it's just a feeling I have, I believe that there is a cause for homosexuality. If people are born gay, does that mean that pedophiles are born to be pedophiles? Does this also mean that people who are sexually attracted to their blood related members are born to have incest or are people born to be sexually attracted to animals or corpses? If people start thinking that, does this mean we'll have to accept people who molest children or people who have sex with animals? Right now those sexual thoughts except for homosexuality are considered to be mental disorders, sexual disorders and deviant. Homosexuality used to be considered sick and deviant as well, why isn't it anymore?

Give me an explanation as to WHY you think homosexuals are born homosexual and why you are so certain that people are born as homosexuals.
Do you live inside the body of someone who is gay? No. Then you are not able to interpret their lifelong feelings and experiences. Let it go.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:55 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
you have no idea how much eductation I have.
Oh, I might venture a guess.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:16 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I'm gay, I have about 30 good friends who are gay. None of the 30 of us in any way chose to be gay, and we all had our hardships and stress when we were really young trying to figure out why we weren't fitting into the same course as everyone else.

We weren't molested, we didn't grow up in broken homes, we didn't have TRAUMA in our lives that wrecked us.

We just grew up and liked guys over girls, or girls over guys. It's called attraction - and you have no control over it. I love how all these straight people are telling the gay people it's a choice - yet ALL the gay people are explaining from first hand experience that it's NOT.

Do you think this is some huge conspiracy???? Why is it so hard to believe that you're born that way? Why do straight people just not want to believe that? Seriously?

More importantly, and I don't know why this hasn't been brought up - ALL straight people have that time in their lives where they have to sit down and have a very conscious and involved determination of whether they're going to fall in love with men or women???? Is that really how it works for straight people? Can you easily just decide to fall in love with a guy instead of your wife? Your attraction is exactly the same for both, but you consciously decide which team to play for?

That's really odd. Why do gays have no control of the matter, if apparently it's entirely a choice for straight people? Why don't straight people flip flop back and forth if you have an opportunity with a really hot person?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How about looking at it this way...

When did I decide that I wanted to be heterosexual?
I didn't, and I don't particularly want to be.

I think my life would be better if I were a lesbian.
However, I am not.
I would like to be attracted to women, but I'm not.
I can't even choose to be what I want to be; I simply am what I am.

I think it's the same for everyone.
We are what we are.
We do not choose our sexuality.

We are what we are is the truth!

When a heterosexual person says being gay is a choice, it has to make one wonder why they feel this way, did they have to make a choice to be straight? That would mean they could have also easily chosen to be gay.

I am heterosexual, there's no choice involved, it just is and always has been, I could never have chosen to be gay, if it were forced upon me by society, I would be very unhappy because I would be living a lie. Theoretically, Anyone who thinks it's a choice must be in conflict over their sexuality, I don't actually think this is true, I just think people who say that it's a choice are refusing to see reality.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:26 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times
My moral standards stop at my doorstep. The more you judge, the more you will be judged. I do not obsess over other people's sexual practices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies