Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you voting this year?
I'm not voting this year 4 6.06%
I'm voting this year 62 93.94%
I don't know yet 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 02:56 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reid_g View Post
What blatant nonsense to those that think if you do not vote you have no right to complain. There are some of us that have convictions and will not choose between the lesser of 2 evils. What are we supposed to do when faced with there is no choice because there is no 3rd party on the ballot? What a tyrant attitude to consider that freedom of speech depends on a action{voting}
I have a two verse poem that I wrote:
I will not vote for the lesser of evil.
And give up my soul to impress the sheeple.
Are you sure there are no third party candidates on your ballot? It's usually pretty rare not to have any on it. Otherwise you can just write in yourself, or mickey mouse

Otherwise i'll be up bright and early to vote, this midterm is very important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 03:05 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Are you sure there are no third party candidates on your ballot? It's usually pretty rare not to have any on it. Otherwise you can just write in yourself, or mickey mouse

Otherwise i'll be up bright and early to vote, this midterm is very important.
You missed where I said I was voting. I have stayed home at times because the choices were awful.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:54 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,576,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
I'm planning on it. I've had it with partisan politics, corporate donations, "earmarks," fear campaigns, smear campaigns, bailouts, special-interest groups, lobbyists, tea parties and everything else associated with this crazy political process. Am I the only one who thinks common sense politics is dead? Everything's about how to best serve the corporations while placating the far left or far right. I know this sounds un-American, but I don't think voting this year is going to solve anything or bring about change. Voting is pointless. I'm totally disengaging from the whole process. It's basically hopeless at this point. Might as well just live my life the best I can, pray for my nation and try to serve my country. Forget politics.
Please vote. Many Many people have given their lives for us being able to do so. Albeit alot of them are probably rolling in their graves because of the mess that we have gotten into

Old 10-18-2010, 03:57 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Vote against every incumbent, every time, forever! That's the only way we can impose term limits and regain control of the government. This will send a message to special interests that it is going to cost them a lot more to buy elections if they have to do it all over every two years with all new candidates.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
I'm planning on it. I've had it with partisan politics, corporate donations, "earmarks," fear campaigns, smear campaigns, bailouts, special-interest groups, lobbyists, tea parties and everything else associated with this crazy political process. Am I the only one who thinks common sense politics is dead? Everything's about how to best serve the corporations while placating the far left or far right. I know this sounds un-American, but I don't think voting this year is going to solve anything or bring about change. Voting is pointless. I'm totally disengaging from the whole process. It's basically hopeless at this point. Might as well just live my life the best I can, pray for my nation and try to serve my country. Forget politics.
Gee, it looks like you are one of the few. Thank you for doing your civil duty!!

What process would you rather see? and what suggestions do you have for making the country a better place?

Nita

Old 10-18-2010, 08:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I'll be staying home but only because i go in for surgery tomorrow LOl I'll vote, sent for my ballot last week.
good for you and good luck with your surgery..

Nita

Old 10-18-2010, 08:53 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,385 times
I vote every election. Everyone I know that usually votes is voting too

Old 10-18-2010, 09:03 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
More bad comes from staying home and letting the vocal minority win.
Just look at your local elections and what comes out of that with approx 10% of the population voting.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:22 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,031,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reid_g View Post
What blatant nonsense to those that think if you do not vote you have no right to complain. There are some of us that have convictions and will not choose between the lesser of 2 evils. What are we supposed to do when faced with there is no choice because there is no 3rd party on the ballot? What a tyrant attitude to consider that freedom of speech depends on a action{voting}
I have a two verse poem that I wrote:
I will not vote for the lesser of evil.
And give up my soul to impress the sheeple.
Write in a vote. Vote for yourself. Vote for a 3rd Party. Vote out an incumbent. Vote for SOMEBODY.

You are still voicing your opinion and your disgust.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:02 PM

159 posts, read 144,415 times
Come hell or high water I'll be voting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies