Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 06:40 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Risking what? Your leisure time? So you kept your skirts clean and now describe others who fight for you as "war criminals". Hypocritical, as best.

Yet for you, the only war crimes are committed by Americans...why?

No duh. We also fought the Germans and Japanese. Are you just discovering these things? And when are you going to designate Obama as the new LBJ?
No need for anger here. Many people who enlisted, did it for $$$ and were surprised when there was actually a war. I took the hard road to avoid such.

I never described anyone as "war criminals". Those are your angry words and accusations. I do know from my older brother and a close friend, who fought in the Vietnam war, that the war experience causes emotional harm to those in it. Did you fight in a war? If so, I hope you are able to find peace within yourself again someday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 06:48 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
How dramatic of you. If you take responsibility for the crimes of your government, you ought to get into the streets and burn Obama in effigy. 'Cause he's doing one helluva reprise of Lydon Johnson...
You have to first admit a crime is a crime before you can take responsibility for it. Dramatic indeed.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I have hundreds of you tube videos telling me it's an inside job...and many many websites say that the CIA etc. actively spread rumors that the Muslims or Jews or whomever did it.

I mean if you want to trade you tube videos and make conspiracy accusations it's entirely possible that this entire thread is counter-intel.

P.S. Watched a GREAT show on the black plague on the history channel last night. Did you know that tens upon tens of thousands of jews were burned alive for "poisoning the wells to kill everyone"? Even the pope thought the idea was absurd but that didn't stop the flaggelates and others from taking the opportunity to kill them all....and conveniently loot their houses too.

.....and here we are today.
Yes, religion sucks! Many women were also burned at the stake for anything that went wrong in the village. All in the name of a God! Go figure!

FYI, the Fox News videos are from Fox News not youtube.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:02 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
No need for anger here. Many people who enlisted, did it for $$$ and were surprised when there was actually a war. I took the hard road to avoid such.
I'm not angry, just vehement. Why are you avoiding describing Obama as the real criminal here, since he has escalated the unwinnable war in Afghanistan purely out of political self-interest -- that is, to defend himself aganst charges of 'weakness" from the right, since he has the left (including people like you) in his pocket, fearful of confessing the truth?

Quote:
I never described anyone as "war criminals". Those are your angry words and accusations. I do know from my older brother and a close friend, who fought in the Vietnam war, that the war experience causes emotional harm to those in it. Did you fight in a war?
Sorry, that was "odanny" spouting the "war crimes" b.s. (You two sound so much alike in this thread that I got you mixed up.)

All wars affect the soldiers who fight in them. That's hardly news. To describe our fighting men as criminals for carrying out the orders of their government -- particularly when one has no inkling of what combat is like -- is the height of hypocrisy.

Yes, I'm a combat veteran. And I resent the facile descriptions of combat action by prosperous and comfortable civilians (for whom compulsory national service was abolished, lest they be put in harm's way and could, instead, be replaced by our economic and social underclasses) as "crimes" when the REAL crime is committing our young people to combat with no clear mission except to provide political cover for politicians.

My advice to the "odanny"'s of the world is to knock off the hypocritical self-righteousness and get down on their knees and thank God or Gaia or whomever or whatever that they have never had to pick up a weapon and face an enemy who hides among civilians and whose disgraceful acts and tactics are routinely overlooked by a pliant and politically invested media, while their own behavior is sniffily condemned by left-wing elitists who would soil their pants at the sound of gunfire.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
I'm not angry, just vehement. Why are you avoiding describing Obama as the real criminal here, since he has escalated the unwinnable war in Afghanistan purely out of political self-interest -- that is, to defend himself aganst charges of 'weakness" from the right, since he has the left (including people like you) in his pocket, fearful of confessing the truth?

Sorry, that was "odanny" spouting the "war crimes" b.s. (You two sound so much alike in this thread that I got you mixed up.)

All wars affect the soldiers who fight in them. That's hardly news. To describe our fighting men as criminals for carrying out the orders of their government -- particularly when one has no inkling of what combat is like -- is the height of hypocrisy.

Yes, I'm a combat veteran. And I resent the facile descriptions of combat action by prosperous and comfortable civilians (for whom compulsory national service was abolished, lest they be put in harm's way and could, instead, be replaced by our economic and social underclasses) as "crimes" when the REAL crime is committing our young people to combat with no clear mission except to provide political cover for politicians.

My advice to the "odanny"'s of the world is to knock off the hypocritical self-righteousness and get down on their knees and thank God or Gaia or whomever or whatever that they have never had to pick up a weapon and face an enemy who hides among civilians and whose disgraceful acts and tactics are routinely overlooked by a pliant and politically invested media, while their own behavior is sniffily condemned by left-wing elitists who would soil their pants at the sound of gunfire.
The sad thing is all wars are either political or religious. The honest, decent, and innocent are the ones who must fight and take the fall for selfish decisions.

I agree that Obama should pull all troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan. I believe it is Israel who is pulling the strings with this. If Israel had their way, we would be at war with Iran also.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:04 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:

You know what? War crimes are war crimes. War criminals are those who kill the innocent. Those who bring up these immutable and self evident truths are usually tarred with the accusations they are not thankful, or that they somehow owe a debt of gratitude to those who no longer represent freedom but oppression. "My country, right or wrong" is not sung by everyone.

The American soldier of today, in the Middle East, is an occupier and aggressor, not someone rescuing anyone from an oppressive government. They can blame their government too, and many have, when they got out of uniform. Brave patriots indeed.

The invader, chiefly the United States, is the aggressor. Anyone recognizing and publicly admitting this truth should expect to be attacked, their patriotism questioned, their character savaged.

It's why most are afraid to admit the truth. And the American govt., no matter who is in the White House or their political affiliation, is really immaterial: The M.I.C. calls the shots, not the other way around.

But you go back to FOX News...

Old 10-19-2010, 08:11 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,796,129 times
Quote:
No one on this post implicated any, let alone all, Jews for 9/11. Please reread my first post for this thread.

We can't have an intelligent discussion or review of the facts if you keep crying, "Antisemitism!" and throwing out erroneous accusations.
You don't understand Jojajn.

I was ready to engage in perfect legitimate conversation about the topic with you until you posted that one ridiculous video that DID NOT really implicate Israel as much as it implicated Jews.

You see, they said "Larry JEW Silverstein" and then said "Did JEWS know about 9/11 in advance."

If they had substituted the word "Israel" for "Jew" than I wouldn't be mentioning anti-Semitism. But, since you posted that one video and seemingly agree with everything it says (and its blatant anti-Semitism), don't you think its fare that I bring up that issue with you?

I've clearly confronted your questions towards me. I've reviewed the videos and think that Israel has made tremendous mistakes that jeopardized its strong bond with the United States. Understandably, people are upset about it.

But you and Odanny seem to refuse to condemn that video that implicates Jews for 9/11.

So I've answered your questions. Your turn.

Why did you post that anti-Semitic video?

Old 10-19-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You know what? War crimes are war crimes. War criminals are those who kill the innocent. Those who bring up these immutable and self evident truths are usually tarred with the accusations they are not thankful, or that they somehow owe a debt of gratitude to those who no longer represent freedom but oppression. "My country, right or wrong" is not sung by everyone.

The American soldier of today, in the Middle East, is an occupier and aggressor, not someone rescuing anyone from an oppressive government. They can blame their government too, and many have, when they got out of uniform. Brave patriots indeed.

The invader, chiefly the United States, is the aggressor. Anyone recognizing and publicly admitting this truth should expect to be attacked, their patriotism questioned, their character savaged.

It's why most are afraid to admit the truth. And the American govt., no matter who is in the White House or their political affiliation, is really immaterial: The M.I.C. calls the shots, not the other way around.

But you go back to FOX News...
Barack Obama is the Commander in Chief. FOX news has nothing to do with it.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
The sad thing is all wars are either political or religious. The honest, decent, and innocent are the ones who must fight and take the fall for selfish decisions.

I agree that Obama should pull all troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan. I believe it is Israel who is pulling the strings with this. If Israel had their way, we would be at war with Iran also.
If Israel had their way, Teheran would be in flames. And we'd all be better off for it.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:46 AM

43,610 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:

President Bush (& his administration) decided to attack Iraq & Afghanistan after 9/11. This has nothing to do with Israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies