U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-19-2010, 05:38 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,567,818 times
Reputation: 5930

Advertisements

[quote=shadowne;16322274]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
In the 50's,60's executives made 30-40% more than the average worker...economy did pretty well....and it certainly did better than now with executives making %400 to 600 more than the average worker.

If you are going to throw around ridiculous statements such as these and attempt to pass them off as facts you need to provide a source. Based on your statement, if the average worker made $45,000/yr the average executives would be making $18,000,000. - $27,000,000./yr. I would love to see how common those salaries are.




If you have Health Care insurance you will pay whatever an executive decides you have to pay...those premiums have been going up for years(EVEN BEFORE OBAMA TOOK OFFICE) at the whim of executives and YOU haven't had an upgrade in your care.

If you haven't noticed, Americans are increasingly more obese than ever before with a penchant for processed foods. This is part of the reason for the increase in the cost of health insurance premiums.
From Fiercehealthcare.com:

""""
[LEFT]Ron Williams - Aetna
Total Compensation: $24,300,112
Details: Williams earned $24,300,112 in total compensation for 2008, with more than half of that ($13,537,365) coming from option awards. He also received an additional $6,456,630 in stock awards to go along with his base salary of $1,091,764.


Read more: Aetna's Ron Williams - CEO Compensation - FierceHealthcare Aetna's Ron Williams - CEO Compensation - FierceHealthcare




There's a whole list and that's JUST health execs!



Yes, Americans are overweight, they're human, they have accidents and get diseases.....that's what health care is for..... HUMANS!


It still does NOT change the fact that insurance execs can raise rates to whatever they want and deny coverage to those who have paid for it.
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-19-2010, 06:45 PM
 
24,843 posts, read 32,414,930 times
Reputation: 11453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, maybe later on you will regret having wasted all that precious time. I certainly would, my brother is a workaholic and I feel so sorry for him.
Nah....I even have my "retirement" job picked out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2010, 07:09 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 83,978,960 times
Reputation: 18050
Class envy like always.Look how mnay play the loterry;gamble ;deal drugs all hoping to luckily get rich themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2010, 07:18 PM
 
Location: In the desert
2,662 posts, read 1,966,541 times
Reputation: 1276
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
So, who's fault is it that some people's parents didn't raise them right? Not mine, it's their own parent's problem. As far as being white, that's a non factor. If you're black, let's say, and can't find a job, maybe you need to pull up your pants, take the gold teeth out, the gawdy jewlery off, hide the gang tats and speak proper English. If you haven't woken up to the fact that poor people that can't find jobs, this is mostly the reason for it. They have no idea how to act and present themselves. Who's fault is that?
One of the most ignorant statements I have ever read. You have no clue about life buddy.
Do you and the rich not understand that when the middle class fails we all do.
It never ceases to amaze me how 'we are all created equal' gets sacrificed on the altar of ' I got me mine'.

I don't know of anyone who is 'fixated' on those who have more than they do. Most of us are to busy trying to keep our heads above water these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2010, 07:24 PM
 
12,303 posts, read 15,209,125 times
Reputation: 8114
We are fixated on people who have more than we do because we aspire to their position. "Make enough money and the world will conspire to call you a gentleman."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2010, 08:03 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,567,818 times
Reputation: 5930
[quote=shadowne;16322274]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
In the 50's,60's executives made 30-40% more than the average worker...economy did pretty well....and it certainly did better than now with executives making %400 to 600 more than the average worker.

If you are going to throw around ridiculous statements such as these and attempt to pass them off as facts you need to provide a source. Based on your statement, if the average worker made $45,000/yr the average executives would be making $18,000,000. - $27,000,000./yr. I would love to see how common those salaries are.




If you have Health Care insurance you will pay whatever an executive decides you have to pay...those premiums have been going up for years(EVEN BEFORE OBAMA TOOK OFFICE) at the whim of executives and YOU haven't had an upgrade in your care.

If you haven't noticed, Americans are increasingly more obese than ever before with a penchant for processed foods. This is part of the reason for the increase in the cost of health insurance premiums.
Excuse me...did you happen to catch post #90 ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 02:44 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
21,435 posts, read 19,328,093 times
Reputation: 8507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Nah....I even have my "retirement" job picked out.
At 50 or 55 life is basically over, the phasing out begins, health issues increase etc. So to me it is more important to have enough time for myself as long as I am still healthy and fit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 06:05 AM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,567,818 times
Reputation: 5930
[quote=shadowne;16322274]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
In the 50's,60's executives made 30-40% more than the average worker...economy did pretty well....and it certainly did better than now with executives making %400 to 600 more than the average worker.

If you are going to throw around ridiculous statements such as these and attempt to pass them off as facts you need to provide a source. Based on your statement, if the average worker made $45,000/yr the average executives would be making $18,000,000. - $27,000,000./yr. I would love to see how common those salaries are.




If you have Health Care insurance you will pay whatever an executive decides you have to pay...those premiums have been going up for years(EVEN BEFORE OBAMA TOOK OFFICE) at the whim of executives and YOU haven't had an upgrade in your care.

If you haven't noticed, Americans are increasingly more obese than ever before with a penchant for processed foods. This is part of the reason for the increase in the cost of health insurance premiums.
Here's another one from Fiercehalth.com:


[LEFT]A $1.5 million performance bonus was just the tip of the iceberg for WellPoint's Angela Braly, whose total compensation for 2009 skyrocketed 51 percent from 2008 to $13.1 million. The performance bonus was up from a mere (by comparison) $73,810 in 2008.

Read more: WellPoint CEO Braly received a 51 percent compensation boost in 2009 - FierceHealthcare WellPoint CEO Braly received a 51 percent compensation boost in 2009 - FierceHealthcare






A 1.5 MILLION dollar BONUS when many Americans can't afford health care insurance or health care....and Republicans don't think there's a problem.......
[/LEFT]


Please also view post # 90
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 06:09 AM
 
9,856 posts, read 13,432,010 times
Reputation: 5453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I would never be so stupid as to work that much, frankly If I had that much work I would obviously need a partner as it is more than twice the amount typical of a full-time job...
Please answer the question. If you are unable to answer without admitting you are wrong, that is fine. You have different priorities than someone like me (who works 75 hrs/week minimum). That is fine, people prioritize different things! You want to have time to sit on your ass at night and do nothing, I want to make a difference and make something incredible out of my life. I also will take all of the money I earn because I DO put more time and effort in than people like you. Don't take away money and punish people like me because I am more motivated than you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Interesting considering you'd dispute any member that claimed they did.........

Look through the history of the forum. If someone tells me they spent that much time job hunting why would I dispute them? What motivation does anyone have to lie to a stranger on the internet? If my ego is so fragile that I have to lie on an anonymous message board, I have some major problems! If you can't find a single person who matches my challenge, then that is fine. At least you admit it...Not in the exact words I would like, but your response screams that you can't actually answer to what I proposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 07:14 AM
 
24,843 posts, read 32,414,930 times
Reputation: 11453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
At 50 or 55 life is basically over, the phasing out begins, health issues increase etc. So to me it is more important to have enough time for myself as long as I am still healthy and fit
I am 40. I can still toss 90 pound bags over my head loading my trucks. Maybe when I am old I will slow down. Not now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top