U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 06:31 PM

35,283 posts, read 19,313,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMcElwee View Post
I blame the Democrat cabal, Pelosi, Reid and Obama.
Your assertions are incorrect, and your "evidence" is false.
Prove it. <hint: you can't>

Quote:
You don't have to write it, it is between ever word and ever line, and sometimes between every letter.
Trying to color my posts with the paint of your own anger is known as "projection." Look it up.

Psychological projection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 09:42 PM

5,945 posts, read 4,873,935 times
Default Speaking of substance

Quote:
You comment is devoid of meaningful substance.
Look who's talking...

Quote:
He is not angry, nor is he blind. He is, however, correct. So very correct.

If I bust my arse, day in and day out, to build wealth, what right do you have to it, in part or whole? Sure, I make my contribution to the infrastructure, but what right do you have to "punish" me back to poverty, or down to your level. I earned it, period. You didn't, period. NOBODY is stopping you, period.

What right do you have to the fruits of my labor. If I save my dimes and quarters over a lifetime and have a dozen 5-gallon water bottles full of coin, do you have a right to it?? Clearly you think you do, but you do not.

You're blind, too.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:35 PM

11,456 posts, read 12,732,002 times
I love these arguments that are all based on vivid imaginations. The irony is that the OP is spending his life worrying about others, so much in fact that he/she must create scenarios to be angry about. What a life that must be...

Old 10-20-2010, 11:36 PM

11,456 posts, read 12,732,002 times
Quote:
You comment is devoid of meaningful substance. He is not angry, nor is he blind. He is, however, correct. So very correct.

If I bust my arse, day in and day out, to build wealth, what right do you have to it, in part or whole? Sure, I make my contribution to the infrastructure, but what right do you have to "punish" me back to poverty, or down to your level. I earned it, period. You didn't, period. NOBODY is stopping you, period.

What right do you have to the fruits of my labor. If I save my dimes and quarters over a lifetime and have a dozen 5-gallon water bottles full of coin, do you have a right to it?? Clearly you think you do, but you do not.
I'm so proud of you. Would you like a cookie for all your hard work and dedication?

Old 10-20-2010, 11:59 PM

10,005 posts, read 9,024,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
I mean seriously, why do all you people harbor such jealousy and resentment towards those who have more than you? Why does this jealousy and resentment manifest itself in your people voting for demagogues like Obama who promise to take from others and give to you? There's no such thing as a society where everyone is a millionaire. Some people are going to be more successful than others, it's human nature. So what if your neighbor has a fancier car than you? Why do you feel entitled to have the government take your neighbor's fancier car and give it to you? If anything, it should make you want to strive to be more successful, so you can have a fancy car too. If you can't, it's because your neighbor is smarter and/or harder working than you are. So if your neighbor is smarter/harder working than you, why shouldn't they have more wealth and you? You have the opportunity to improve yourself. If you're too lazy and stupid to take advantage of your opportunities, then you deserve to have less.
A lot of assumptions in there.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:14 AM

11,961 posts, read 12,848,960 times
Quote:
I mean seriously, why do all you people harbor such jealousy and resentment towards those who have more than you? Why does this jealousy and resentment manifest itself in your people voting for demagogues like Obama who promise to take from others and give to you? There's no such thing as a society where everyone is a millionaire. Some people are going to be more successful than others, it's human nature. So what if your neighbor has a fancier car than you? Why do you feel entitled to have the government take your neighbor's fancier car and give it to you? If anything, it should make you want to strive to be more successful, so you can have a fancy car too. If you can't, it's because your neighbor is smarter and/or harder working than you are. So if your neighbor is smarter/harder working than you, why shouldn't they have more wealth and you? You have the opportunity to improve yourself. If you're too lazy and stupid to take advantage of your opportunities, then you deserve to have less.
I have no clue what you're talking about. I likely have more than you do. This nonsense story your ideology insists is reality simply isn't.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:58 AM

9,856 posts, read 13,432,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I'm so proud of you. Would you like a cookie for all your hard work and dedication?
I think he just wants the money he earned....

Old 10-21-2010, 06:08 AM

2,806 posts, read 6,526,981 times
Quote:
I mean seriously, why do all you people harbor such jealousy and resentment towards those who have more than you?
Who do you mean by "all you people"?
Quote:
Why does this jealousy and resentment manifest itself in your people voting for demagogues like Obama who promise to take from others and give to you?
Again with this "you people" thing...are you referring to democrats, or to people with little money?
Quote:
There's no such thing as a society where everyone is a millionaire. Some people are going to be more successful than others, it's human nature.
I agree...people place importance on different things in life, and not everyone has a goal of making as much money as possible, some people even relinquish all their material things for the sake of spirituality.
Quote:
So what if your neighbor has a fancier car than you? Why do you feel entitled to have the government take your neighbor's fancier car and give it to you?
My neighbor to the right actually has a Lexus...very nice car, my uncle had one with air conditioned SEATS, which was awesome in the summertime because your butt won't stick to the leather even if you're wearing shorts. But I actually really love my Ford Ranger, it has excellent lumbar support and it's very convenient to have a pick-up truck when I have to lug a bunch of heavy artwork to a show...so no, I wouldn't actually trade it for the Lexus even though it's worth more money...yes, I realize I could sell it and buy myself a brand new truck, but I really hate paperwork and negotiating with car salesmen, definitely not my idea of a good time!
Quote:
If anything, it should make you want to strive to be more successful, so you can have a fancy car too. If you can't, it's because your neighbor is smarter and/or harder working than you are.
Fancy cars are fun to ride in, but I wouldn't want to deal with having one myself...WAY too much auto theft in my neck of the woods, which is why I opted out of all the "bells and whistles" like a nice CD player...who's going to break into a Ranger with a basic radio when there's a Lexus right next to it with a primo system? Yes, my neighbors DO work very hard to have nice things...they're nice people, I like them a lot. Are they harder working and/or smarter than I am? I don't know...I'm too busy working hard at what I love, enjoying life, reading good books, and appreciating the things I DO have to care about these kinds of questions...
Quote:
So if your neighbor is smarter/harder working than you, why shouldn't they have more wealth and you? You have the opportunity to improve yourself. If you're too lazy and stupid to take advantage of your opportunities, then you deserve to have less.
They do appear (and I say "appear" because one never really knows what kind of debt anyone has racked up under the facade of wealth they present) to have more material wealth than I...I choose to be an artist even though it's an unstable profession to say the least, because creating is what makes my soul happy, and no amount of money could ever replace the passion and joy I experience while creating.

Not every bypassed opportunity is the result of laziness or stupidity...some opportunities mean sacrificing the things that make us who we are at a soul level. I believe people who are seriously experiencing jealousy at what others have should be asking themselves what the TRUE source of their discontent is, because I doubt it's the actual money. They are unhappy within themselves because they haven't found their passion...once they DO find it, they will understand that by practicing it they are creating positive energy which comes right back at them. We create our own realities with the choices we make and with the energy we transmit.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:16 AM

8,388 posts, read 8,343,616 times
Lightbulb A dose of reality

Quote:
You comment is devoid of meaningful substance. He is not angry, nor is he blind. He is, however, correct. So very correct.

Irrational tax resisters are amusing...

Allow me to educate you on the situation, since your brain has been poisoned by Limbagh/Beck/Palin idiocy.

You (and other rabid right-wingers here) seem to have this crazy notion that your hard-earned money paid as taxes is going to be redistributed to a bunch of lazy American welfare queens. And you seem to resent the notion that America's wealthiest citizens should pitch in to help our country recover from the disastrous Bush years.

Let me appeal to your better instincts, including your sense of patriotism if you truly have any.

Our nation is in trouble. The economy has been shredded by years of irresponsible economic policy.

Part of that irresponsibility was Bush granting tax cuts to millionaires when there was no money available to pay for that big break.

He paid for those tax breaks by borrowing immense sums from Communist China. Those IOUs from Bush are now coming due. We have to pay them or else witness the dollar collapsing totally on the international scene and the beginning of the next great depression in America.

Most of us want to avoid that scenario.

But the harsh reality that you're not hearing from your right-wing radio mouthpieces is this: your hard-earned tax dollars (along with mine and everyone else's) are NOT going to be paid out to lazy American welfare queens.

We're all going to be sending our tax dollars to the Chinese.

Thank you so much, Bush/Cheney/GOP congress for putting us in this deep hole. You're great Americans.

PS: I voted for Bush in 2000, but I woke up in time for the 2004 election

Old 10-21-2010, 08:19 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,243,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Irrational tax resisters are amusing...

Allow me to educate you on the situation, since your brain has been poisoned by Limbagh/Beck/Palin idiocy.

You (and other rabid right-wingers here) seem to have this crazy notion that your hard-earned money paid as taxes is going to be redistributed to a bunch of lazy American welfare queens. And you seem to resent the notion that America's wealthiest citizens should pitch in to help our country recover from the disastrous Bush years.

Let me appeal to your better instincts, including your sense of patriotism if you truly have any.

Our nation is in trouble. The economy has been shredded by years of irresponsible economic policy.

Part of that irresponsibility was Bush granting tax cuts to millionaires when there was no money available to pay for that big break.

He paid for those tax breaks by borrowing immense sums from Communist China. Those IOUs from Bush are now coming due. We have to pay them or else witness the dollar collapsing totally on the international scene and the beginning of the next great depression in America.

Most of us want to avoid that scenario.

But the harsh reality that you're not hearing from your right-wing radio mouthpieces is this: your hard-earned tax dollars (along with mine and everyone else's) are NOT going to be paid out to lazy American welfare queens.

We're all going to be sending our tax dollars to the Chinese.

Thank you so much, Bush/Cheney/GOP congress for putting us in this deep hole. You're great Americans.

PS: I voted for Bush in 2000, but I woke up in time for the 2004 election
that sounds great, it really does. But, the reality is that Obama, Reid, & Pelosi are the ones who are running our country. And, they are not spending our tax money in our best interests. So, the only way to change that is to vote against every single democrat that we can until the balance is restored. Then we can assess the situation, and tackle other issues that concern us. thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or