U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 05:33 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,037,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Looks like revenue went up to me.

Below is total US revenue:

The Bush tax cuts went into effect in 2003

Looks like revenue from income taxes went up also, see below for revenue from taxes:

Then of course the chart dems don't want to see, the deficit:

You numbers show the federal deficit going DOWN after 2010, interesting.

We have two sets of numbers you believe what you want to believe it’s a free country.

Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 07:01 PM

20,338 posts, read 13,846,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
So the housing market never crashed?
Due to democrats pushing for sub-prime loans, and banking oversight committee members sitting back and allowing F&F to buy up toxic mortgages. It sure as hell was not because Americans paid lower taxes.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
You numbers show the federal deficit going DOWN after 2010, interesting.

We have two sets of numbers you believe what you want to believe itís a free country.

Thanks for sharing!
All the numbers for 2010 are just an estimate.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:15 PM

5,802 posts, read 5,449,830 times
They don't have to; it's been convincingly proven numerous times that cutting tax rates results in soaring amounts of new revenue into the US Treasury, as numerous articles in the WSJ & elsewhere have pointed out over the past three decades.

If the Democratic playbook of 'soaking the rich' was really worthwhile, Detroit would be as pristine as The Donald's and 'El Rushbo's' estates in Palm Beach, instead of serving quite nicely as an indictment of Democrats from coast to coast.

The long-running Democratic startegy of soaking the rich, as well as mandating offshoring thanks to an out-of-control legal system, rampant environmentalism and pandering to union members while ignoring the 90-plus percent of Americans who don't belong to job-killing entities such as unions.

The fact that all of the states with the highest tax rates, the worst balance sheets, the biggest deficits, and the most hostile business environments, starting with the anything-but-magnificent seven encompassing IL, CA, NY, NJ, CT, OH & MI have been controlled by Democrats for decades is another 'incovenient truth' that they cannot deny, even as their pals in the liberal media continue to cover for them.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:51 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,393,099 times
Quote:
Or the CBO projecting that Republicans will take Congress and slash deficits like they did under Clinton.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:54 PM

4,879 posts, read 3,900,058 times
Quote:
Due to democrats pushing for sub-prime loans, and banking oversight committee members sitting back and allowing F&F to buy up toxic mortgages. It sure as hell was not because Americans paid lower taxes.
I really can't believe that people think tax cuts can cause an economic collapse. I guess if one tells a lie enough times people believe it.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:55 PM

20,978 posts, read 16,227,961 times
Why do you have to pay for something that wasn't yours to begin with?

Why not just stop spending?

Old 10-20-2010, 08:00 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,236,422 times
Quote:
what? I thought that it was hard evidence

42.7% of all statistics are just made up

Old 10-20-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
I really can't believe that people think tax cuts can cause an economic collapse. I guess if one tells a lie enough times people believe it.
Well, the only way that cutting taxes can be a factor in a poor economy is if government overextends itself, borrows and spends too much.

0bama has increased the US federal budget by 18%, and added more costs to the government budget with the many new agencies and departments he has created.

I'd like to ask the democrats here, how did 0bama "pay for" the trillions of dollars it will cost for these new expansions to government?

Old 10-20-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
what? I thought that it was hard evidence

42.7% of all statistics are just made up
No, the charts I posted had blue colored graph bars, red ones for 2010, and the note said "EST" or estimated for the red. So the values on those graphs for 2010 and beyond are not "hard evidence", they are estimates only. Sorry, I thought it was pretty obvious, since the graph used two different colored bars.

BTW, I think the value of 42.7% is made up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or