U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 06:22 PM

11,961 posts, read 12,821,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
How come racism, for the most part, is still associated only with whites?

If it's because of history, then please shoot me. Whites today are not that same as whites of the past. Contrary to popular belief, not all whites are hateful, genocidal racists.

Here is an example of a hateful, genocidal racist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMOkDOXAovQ

Fact: Every race has its racists.

Not all whites are racist.

Not all racists are white.

It's just irritating when racism is thought of as an invention of some sort by Europeans, or that only people of European decent can be racist.
Note this man speaking is convinced that those sticking it to him are coming from outside his community and attributed it to all white folks. Note the audience members, some of them practically rolling their eyes, but none actually speak up calling him on his stuff. Is that really any different than Rush going on with his schtick about the poor put upon white guy? Both are clowns and neither deserve my ear, but Rush sure does get a wide berth for his brand of BS.

The point of equality also means equal responsibility. The sooner folks realize that, the sooner we can all get on with life as respectful responsible adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
"...no white flour..." Naturally.

"...white people want to kill us...that is part of their plan..."

"...the only n*g*r*s on the planet is the white man and the white woman..."

"...the solution to the problem..."

"...And the one idea is, how we are going to exterminate white people because that in my estimation is the only conclusion I have come to. We have to exterminate white people off the face of the planet to solve this problem..."

"...the problem on the planet is white people..."

This guy is a piece of work.

Call him the black hitler.
Uh huh. The antidote for wannbe n*gger status is to perpetuate wannabe hitler. Stuck on stupid doesn't wash with me.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Actually, you somewhat contradict yourself. You hear about them (mostly) AFTER its exposed as a fraud.

Serious question: what is your opinion on Tawana Brawley, the Duke Lacrosse case, the fake hate crime faked by a black professor at Columbia, or fake hate crimes in the Baltimore fire house, or the fake hate crime down in San Diego state (cali system), or the private college in Illinois, etc?

I can get names and places, I'm not putting time into it right now, but I think you get my idea. Faked hate crimes are really owned by the Left. I highly suggest you dont start that, because it is an arguement you simply won't win.

Care to respond?
I do. Faked anything isn't specific to a political party. They'll make their emotional appeals to whomever will lend them an ear. This means that a woman making false claims of rape will gear her sob story toward women & sympathetic males. That's not the definition of womanhood. Try again.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:04 PM

21,652 posts, read 11,092,933 times
I never knew that blacks disliked whites. I was ignorant. When I saw all groups of blacks cheering when the murderer OJ was found not guilty , this told me that the two victims who were murdered had no value to the blacks cheering. I knew OJ was definitely guilty.The majority of the blacks see what they want to see and I saw clearer on that day to the division of the races. It was shocking to me and I wish I did not witness this.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:12 PM

25,165 posts, read 48,346,015 times
Cultural hegemony. Our culture is white dominated. White supremacy includes culture and customs, too.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Because whites are still in a position of power, generally, over blacks. Even with Obama as president. This is a crucial point to ponder: can the minority/submissive group actually act upon their racism?

Remember - anybody can have racist thoughts, white, black, whomever. The true test is when they ACT on that racism - what is the effect?

White racism against blacks has been extremely detrimental to the black community, has been for centuries, and continues to be. It has held them out of jobs, out of neighborhoods, out of schools, out of social settings, etc.

Black racism against whites leads to some isolated incidents, but has very little effect on the life of the average white person.

So there's your answer. Anybody can be racist, but black racism against whites is virtually inconsequential to the white experience in America. White racism against blacks defines a large part of the black experience.
1. There is no such thing as black community. It's as fictitious as the tooth fairy so lets get over this term permanently please. The only thing that holds the 'black community' together is a tired lament of slavery centuries past.

2. No one has that power over another until it's internalized. Therein lies the remedy for black individuals persisting with thin skinned identity issues believing everyone else breathing has done it to them.

3. The reason whites are less affected by black nonsense is because they don't lend it credence (see internalized in #2). White women had to learn this too. Live and learn. Scary thought they'd have to give credit to white folks for the helpful life lesson?

4. The lessons of multiculturalism and tolerance are a two way street only if you have something meaningful to offer. Reinventing white culture through ebonics or rastafarian antics mocking whitey's civilization isn't impressive. Will Smith IS impressive. Colin Powell is impressive. Bill Cosby is impressive. Black pioneer inventors are impressive. Even the ordinary Joe who provides for his family, and the dedicated mamma insisting homework be done is impressive. The rest... not so much.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I raised my kids to judge people on the content of their character and not on the color of their skin. No racial jokes or gossip in our home. But when you push ideas at kids rather than give them the tools to form their own conclusions they don't buy it. Why create division where there isn't any then try to form the bridge? And why in the world shouldn't white parents teach their kids to be proud?

Why is it that these "studies" always focus on the differences instead of the similarities? If we're trying to create a nation of equality wouldn't it make more sense to focus on how much we are alike???
Gotta love the comment by the guy that brought up the question "Why are only brown kids allowed to have breakfast at school"? And he's gonna tell me he doesn't have a racial bias?
I was raised the same and so were my neighbors kids. Integration was a non issue because there wasn't segregation where I grew up. Didn't matter if you were hungarian, polish, portuguese or whatnot.

The news is bad news. They're fixated on everything wrong in the world and have always been. Difference nowadays is we're getting bombarded by volumes of bad news and special interest issues more than at any time in recorded history.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Cultural hegemony. Our culture is white dominated. White supremacy includes culture and customs, too.
Good grief artsy. If there was any such thing as bona fide black culture it's had ample opportunity to have a stage. There's sylvia's soul food. What else did we miss?

Old 10-20-2010, 08:13 PM

771 posts, read 533,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Now I know that your reading comprehension skills are well-honed, because that's exactly how it was supposed to read.

I don't care to.

I was just pointing out that your arguments didn't seem to consider anything that wasn't disseminated through the media/Internet within the past few weeks or so. You didn't seem to have too much of a grasp on the larger picture.
Over the last FEW WEEKS? Now I know your information retainment and recall are faulty. First, Tawana Brawley was 23 YEARS AGO. Duke Lacrosse was FOUR years ago. Actually, none of the examples I cited happened even in 2010. Like a child learning a new word has to sound it out, you have to think before you type. just a helpful hint.

Oh, past that, get back to me when care to back up your arguements. Until then you have no credibility.

Last edited by speakingtruth; 10-20-2010 at 08:15 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-20-2010, 08:17 PM

771 posts, read 533,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I do. Faked anything isn't specific to a political party. They'll make their emotional appeals to whomever will lend them an ear. This means that a woman making false claims of rape will gear her sob story toward women & sympathetic males. That's not the definition of womanhood. Try again.

I think you do not even know who or what I was responding to. I will pretend I didn't read this. I never mentioned poltical party, I was referring to liberalism. Go back and re-read my posts and what I was responding to before you use terms like "Try again".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies