Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 10:48 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,410,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
How about not posting bull***** threads not not getting back to us!!!

It just seems that every time I hear about racism, whites are usually thought of as the perpetrators. If a racist incident is shown on the news, the Caucasian is almost always the perpetrator, or so it seems. How often do we hear about black-on-white crime on the news compared to white-on-black crime? Even though black-on-white crime is much more common than white-on-black crime, white-on-black crime is only shown on the news. Do these people running the news stations or whatever think only whites can be the perpetrators of hate crimes?

So your baseless rant follows the same old pattern of the "blacks do a the crime" mantra!!!

You start off innocently decrying how the poor whites are always portrayed as racist, no other group or race is mentioned in this original post...not even two or three posts later...VOILA...the "blacks did it all" bs makes it's entrance in your posts. See above, if you can't seem to quite remember!!

So again, it's just another black people did it all piece of crap thread!!!

Well, if you don't like my "piece of crap thread", feel free to leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 10:51 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
How often do you hear about a black-on-white crime on TV?
Almost always.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Almost always.
Really? Where do you live?

Old 10-20-2010, 11:15 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Who the hell are you to be this rude and expect I bother giving you the time of day? If this is what you define as 'black culture' or 'black identity' you've proven my point. It doesn't exist.
You want rudeness? Look over your body of work. It shows someone who is racist and ignorant and doesn't even wish to understand the depth of either one.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:57 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Remind us all what end of the stick women had? 2,000 + years of oppression of women far outweighs these issues surrounding American blacks. That oppression also applies to gays, and yes on all counts it was deadly consequence hidden in attics, not strung out on a tree for press coverage.

Not one of these folks in this thread would dare stand up on principle for the very things they argue for themselves. Not for slavery still happening anywhere in this world. Not for women of any color. Not for Jews. Not for Hispanics. Not for gays. That's how I know far too many of them in this forum are completely FOS. That's how I know why my black colleagues shake their heads in utter disgust right along with the white & asian colleagues. Morons don't come in a specific color but poisoning the ears of children isn't unique to KKK.
oh ok.
seeing as this is a thread about racism and what group is being racist to another group (particularly here in the U.S), I kind of figured it would be logical to stick to the topic (racism) and answer the question (why it's mainly associated with whites)
but you want to talk about 2,000 years ago, and women and gays right. not about racism, but women and gays.
ok.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:05 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,606,786 times
"How come racism, for the most part, is still associated only with whites?"

If everyone in the U.S. read this thread that might change.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:52 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,064,807 times
Not all racists are white. But white folk who are obsessed with shouting "Not all racists are white!" on a soap box every chance they get are often a little racist themselves. Similarly, black folk who shout "Racist white people!" every chance they get are often a little racist themselves. Oh, and I don't like the term "reverse racism". Just call it racism.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:59 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
oh ok.
seeing as this is a thread about racism and what group is being racist to another group (particularly here in the U.S), I kind of figured it would be logical to stick to the topic (racism) and answer the question (why it's mainly associated with whites)
but you want to talk about 2,000 years ago, and women and gays right. not about racism, but women and gays.
ok.
Sticking to the topic would mean sticking to the principles that founded this nation. The very same principles that proved how wrong racism was. Those wrongs continue to be perpetuated not institutionally, but by individuals themselves. Snap out of it.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:03 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You want rudeness? Look over your body of work. It shows someone who is racist and ignorant and doesn't even wish to understand the depth of either one.
I stand behind every post I've made 100% and don't blame anyone else for a word out of my mouth. How about you, pal?

I stand behind not just words, but a long life lived in healthy versions of multiculturalism without racial incidents. Not the cesspool going on in Atlanta.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Not all racists are white. But white folk who are obsessed with shouting "Not all racists are white!" on a soap box every chance they get are often a little racist themselves. Similarly, black folk who shout "Racist white people!" every chance they get are often a little racist themselves. Oh, and I don't like the term "reverse racism". Just call it racism.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That term is BS! Racism is racism. If you look up racism in the dictionary, the definition isn't "unfair treatment or hatred of non-whites/people of color". Anyone can be racist. Anyone can be a victim of racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies