Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 10:48 AM

2,699 posts, read 2,410,673 times

Advertisements

How come racism, for the most part, is still associated only with whites?

If it's because of history, then please shoot me. Whites today are not that same as whites of the past. Contrary to popular belief, not all whites are hateful, genocidal racists.

Here is an example of a hateful, genocidal racist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMOkDOXAovQ

Fact: Every race has its racists.

Not all whites are racist.

Not all racists are white.

It's just irritating when racism is thought of as an invention of some sort by Europeans, or that only people of European decent can be racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 10:53 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post

If it's because of history, then please shoot me. Whites today are not that same as whites of the past. Contrary to popular belief, not all whites are hateful, genocidal racists.

It's just irritating when racism is thought of as an invention of some sort by Europeans, or that only people of European decent can be racist.

What group exactly are you insinuating that only believes that racism comes from White people?

I don't think anyone is disputing that racism comes in many forms and from many sources.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
What group exactly are you insinuating that only believes that racism comes from White people?

I don't think anyone is disputing that racism comes in many forms and from many sources.
It just seems that every time I hear about racism, whites are usually thought of as the perpetrators. If a racist incident is shown on the news, the Caucasian is almost always the perpetrator, or so it seems. How often do we hear about black-on-white crime on the news compared to white-on-black crime? Even though black-on-white crime is much more common than white-on-black crime, white-on-black crime is only shown on the news. Do these people running the news stations or whatever think only whites can be the perpetrators of hate crimes?

Old 10-19-2010, 11:41 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Fact #1. Racism is stupid.

Fact #2. There is no such thing as a "race" with regard to humans, and the variation between humanity comes only from genetic expression as a result of environmental changes over time.

Fact #3. People who choose to use "race" as an excuse to oppress or judge people do so only to place themselves in a position of superiority over another group of people based on the superficial quality of skin color or physical features.

I don't waste my time dealing in generalizations about a group of people based only on their skin color. All green people eat pizza. Orange people hate the purple people. Why are all purple people racist?

It's ridiculous.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:21 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
It just seems that every time I hear about racism, whites are usually thought of as the perpetrators. If a racist incident is shown on the news, the Caucasian is almost always the perpetrator, or so it seems. How often do we hear about black-on-white crime on the news compared to white-on-black crime? Even though black-on-white crime is much more common than white-on-black crime, white-on-black crime is only shown on the news. Do these people running the news stations or whatever think only whites can be the perpetrators of hate crimes?
Is that how they do it in Minnesota? For some reason I don't believe you.......

Old 10-19-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Is that how they do it in Minnesota? For some reason I don't believe you.......
How often do you hear about a black-on-white crime on TV? White-on-black crimes are shown to great extents, but not black-on-white crimes. Why? And no, it's not just in Minnesota.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:38 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
Quote:

false:there has been too many instances when a black person is shown on the news its a negative sense so miss me with that ****.

also look how alot of these people are acting in terms of 9/11, its a mirror of how many whites acted during the civil rights eras and before that.

why is it okay to do that and not................

Old 10-19-2010, 12:51 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
How often do you hear about a black-on-white crime on TV? White-on-black crimes are shown to great extents, but not black-on-white crimes. Why? And no, it's not just in Minnesota.
Turn off the t.v.

Would it make you feel more certain of something if they reported "race" violence as it applies to black on white violence on the news? Is it necessary for a society to polarize groups of people by reporting crimes as a particular so-called "race" as a victim, or a perpetrator?

You know it happens that people who are of different ethnic backgrounds victimize and prey on each other but you need to see that reported on television in order to validate what's going on in society? Do you think that the society you live in is polarized by "race"?

By the way, a skin color cannot commit a crime. An individual commits a crime.

My skin can't jump off my body and kill anyone unless my brain moves my body and hands to pick up a weapon to kill them.

So why is it important for you to see "black on white crime" news reported?

Will it make you feel more secure being in the skin your body occupies for the time being? Or what is it exactly that your mind will believe about "black" people when you see this kind of crime reported on t.v.?

Old 10-19-2010, 01:03 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:

I hear about them all the time, actually. Especially the ones that didn't actually happen (acid girl in Oregon, Susan Smith, Carol Stuart, Zachary Dacri, Bonnie Sweeten, etc.).

Old 10-19-2010, 01:34 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,982 times
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMOkDOXAovQ

I look at society and try to be fair with my analysis. Sometimes one segment of society, or one demographic, deserves criticism despite the fact that it sometimes goes against what is politically correct.

When it comes to race, here, in a nutshell, is what I see... I think there are more white folks who are guilty of racism than there are blacks. I'm talking about sheer numbers. I think most of the time white racism has a more profound negative effect when compared to an equal sampling of black racism, especially the more obscure forms of racism. However I think a greater percentage of blacks have palpable feelings of racism when compared to the white population. I think at least part of this can be explained by blacks not being confronted for these negative views as stringently as are whites, confronted both in the home, and in society.

Recently there was a black poster in this very forum who proclaimed his racism in a number of threads and posts. He defended his views by attributing them to America's history concerning blacks. In my opinion, he was not taken to task by either white or black posters nearly as much as he would have if he had been white with a racism born from, say, some negative personal experience, or family teachings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies