U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 01:50 PM

51,649 posts, read 41,606,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
This wasn't just some guy with a male life partner who liked showtunes and shopping for antiques. He was a pervert who acted out on his fantasies and dominated his manservant and ultimately killed him. Add on to that the idea that he brought shame on the royal family (grandpa is the king) by his actions and I don't think a lot of people are going to be shedding a tear for him.

Plus, the UK apparently sent him packing as part of a prisoner exchange program. So, Britons who are in jail in Saudi Arabia are getting to come back to the UK to serve out their sentences. Sounds like they got the better end of that bargain!

Do the Saudis regularly execute people just for being homosexual? If so, I doubt this particular one will stand out. In fact, without the murder there would probably be more outrage there if he was not executed if he were perceived as getting special treatment because of his royal status.
He's super rich. That's more than enough to mitigate any outrage in the US public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 01:52 PM

9,857 posts, read 7,007,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Quick question, do you know who the Green River killer is or how they got him to plead guilty and come clean on all his crimes giving closure to many families?

I agree that it should be tougher to hand out but now days it generally is....but it has it's uses.
It has been so politicized that you can't kill bad people for decades making it too costly and impractical.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:03 PM

13,355 posts, read 7,343,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
My problem with it is that he wouldn't be put to death for being a vicious murderer, but they kill people for being homosexual. That's just wrong.
That was my first thought as well. It's terribly wrong.

His poor victim suffered long term abuse and a violent death.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:10 PM

7,328 posts, read 3,995,183 times
Quote:
In fact, without the murder there would probably be more outrage there if he was not executed if he were perceived as getting special treatment because of his royal status.
Well if that were the case, there should he a hell of a lot of outrage in Saudi Arabia because the many of the 7,000 Saudi princes have been getting away with crimes against society and Islam for decades. If Bin Nasir al Saud is executed he will be only the second. The first being Faisal bin Musaid bin Abdulaziz Al Saud who in 1975 assassinated the then reigning King Faisal.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:16 PM

14,379 posts, read 7,932,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
The death penalty is an abomination
No, what this royal kook did was an abomination. What good is any law if a class of people are above it?

Old 01-06-2016, 02:29 PM

7,328 posts, read 3,995,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
No, what this royal kook did was an abomination. What good is any law if a class of people are above it?
I'm confused, hammertime33 makes a simple declarative statement, "the death penalty is an abomination." This is a view shared by most of the western world and as a result nations like Great Britain that doesn't not have a death penalty refuses to extradite individuals who are in jeopardy of suffering the death penalty in the receiving nation. That is a policy of the British government that applies to any and all class of accused.

So what law are you referring to?

Old 01-06-2016, 10:24 PM

2,057 posts, read 1,116,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You are very mistaken. Under Sharia law he will absolutely be executed for murder unless the man he killed is an unbeliever. The man he killed is also Moslem, so the prince will be beheaded at high noon in public the first Friday he returns to Saudi Arabia. He'll be smart to fight a return to Saudi. The Sharia makes no exceptions for royalty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
No exceptions for royalty? I doubt that. Royalty always makes exceptions for one of its own unless they are traitors or inconvenient.

Yeah ... they will cure him of his ugly problem. An exception from the normal stoning came in the mid-80's when a Saudi royal female ran off with a local rock musician. Two weeks of joy. She was machine-gunned and then a truck load of boulders was dumped on her body (stoning).

El Nox

Old 01-07-2016, 10:06 AM

21,202 posts, read 19,217,099 times
There is an interesting article on another site today, where they explain why Saudi-Arabia is so radical and backwards, and the root of the entire wave of terrorism. According to that article, it all started in 1979 when Muslim radicals led by Dschuhaiman attacked the great mosque in Mecca (for the same reasons the radicals in Iran toppled the Shah, i.e. opposition to the westernized way of life of the ruling elite). In exchange for the permission to end the attack in a bloodbath, the ruling king agreed to stop the modernization of the country and use oil revenues to spread the radical form of Islam across the world.
Then the US sided with Islamist nuts across the region when the SU invaded Afghanistan. Hence that continuing ugly relationship with the Saudis.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:18 AM

5,560 posts, read 4,963,107 times
I am very sure the "straight men" of Saurdi Arabia Princes and Kings all have female servants. Who are used, beaten and murdered and nobody questions it. Besides the sex trade and women that are slaves more then we know. Not in a consenting adults in a bdsm relationship, not be confused with what they do.

But hey all would be forgiven if it was just a female instead of a gay male servant.

God is great.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:43 AM

2,057 posts, read 1,116,395 times
Quote:
Do the Saudis regularly execute people just for being homosexual? If so, I doubt this particular one will stand out. In fact, without the murder there would probably be more outrage there if he was not executed if he were perceived as getting special treatment because of his royal status.
The beheading I watched in Riyaad was a cop who had sex with a prisoner in his cop car.

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies