U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 09:17 PM

13,694 posts, read 15,593,568 times

Advertisements

The gays better be on their best behavior. Nothing happens in the military that doesn't have a very long examination to go along with it. If any of what we believe to be treasonous behavior related to gay sexuality occurs the powers that be will click their heels and send the homosexuals back outside looking in.

Quote:
the British Telegraph newspaper is reporting that the American soldier at the center of the Scandal was "openly Homosexual" and apparently held a grudge against the U.S.
If you need a frame of reference simply google Bradley Manning...

http://politifi.com/news/Military-Ho...on-990157.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 08:54 AM

11,156 posts, read 22,299,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The gays better be on their best behavior. Nothing happens in the military that doesn't have a very long examination to go along with it. If any of what we believe to be treasonous behavior related to gay sexuality occurs the powers that be will click their heels and send the homosexuals back outside looking in.

If you need a frame of reference simply google Bradley Manning...

Military Homosexual Scandal Tied to WikiLeaks Treason - Military News and Comment
You act like there's going to be more homosexuals in the military now than there were before - or that they're randomly going to start acting different.

If a gay person wanted to join the military - they just would and wouldn't tell anyone. Gay people are human beings before they're GAY. It's not like they're just dying to tell everyone they're gay. Gay gay gay. Straight people are the ones who made it such an issue with the rules and regulations and stigmas.

I'm gay and haven't told anyone I work with or random people I know - what's the point? It's not like they would care, or that I care that they know. If you ask or it comes up, I'll tell, otherwise what's the point? I am me, I'm not A GAY. Unless I'm hitting on someone, dating or hooking up, being gay really isn't an issue. I mostly don't tell people because a lot of people will just see me as "that gay guy chris". It clouds the reality that there's a person in here who's 95% more than just liking dudes. As if I walk around work and see coworkers and can only think "there's that left handed guy Peter".

I know multiple gay people in the military, and of course I asked them all about it. Surprisingly they said it's really not a big deal at all. They said almost everyone knows, but there's the whole culture and you just walk the walk about not "declaring it". Their peers and supervisors know, and most of them don't care. It's just who they are. They said 90% of the time nothing willl happen and it's ok to be gay in the military as long as you don't stand up and say "I AM GAY", you don't really **** off someone in charge, or you don't do anything stupid that would probably get a straight person kicked out as well.

I think most of those in charge in the military have had one or more good friendships with a gay person to know that they're there because they want to be, and they're an asset. The whole gay thing is just a sidebar.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:56 AM

11,943 posts, read 17,443,711 times
Military recruiters told to accept gay applicants

I do not have much of a problem with gays serving in the arm forces. I would suggest that they shut up about it should they be captured by the Taliban.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:21 AM

6,266 posts, read 3,382,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That makes absolutely no sense. They weren't discharged because they weren't happy. Duh, man. Come on.
They were discharged because of a failure to adapt.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:27 AM

6,266 posts, read 3,382,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
I should be thankful? Are you currently serving? Have you ever served?
And yes, maybe we should bring back the draft. Maybe the realities of war will hit home with more Americans if they feel it first hand and not just through the media. I've been serving for 20 yrs
Not the purpose of a draft.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:24 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,314,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Military recruiters told to accept gay applicants

I do not have much of a problem with gays serving in the arm forces. I would suggest that they shut up about it should they be captured by the Taliban.
Yes, I'm sure the first thing outta their mouths will be "I'm GAY!!! GAY GAY GAY!!!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies