Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 08:08 PM

37,883 posts, read 21,972,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Last weekend Our Glorious leader said at a fundraiser that the price of a plate was $12,500 that we are a basically ignorant people who have become blinded by our fear of what he is doing to us. He said that on Thursday, I think, and his score of approval has gone from -19 to -10 today on Rassmussen. I wonder how many lefties they had to call three days ago to get his number that low. For those who don't know, that is the lowest number in over a year. People are starting to love him because of their ignorance, I guess.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™
Leave me alone, I'm busy clinging to my fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 08:12 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,305,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What kind of food was served?
Overpriced indigestible BS is what I'm guessing.

The kind that taste good when you're chewing it, but after a few minutes leaves you reeling in gut-wrenching pain as it forcefully ejects out of both ends at the same time.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:23 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,305,977 times
I find many of the replies to this post extremely distasteful (NO pun intended). In all my time posting here, I have NEVER seen Roy personally attack or slander anyone on this board, yet some of you will take every chance you get to belittle him personally. He's been called paranoid, cynical, a right-wing hack, and several times called ignorant in this thread alone.

Does it make you feel big to call people names and attempt to ridicule them just because you disagree? Some people really need to grow up.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:31 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,387,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Leave me alone, I'm busy clinging to my fear.
and I'm busy clinging to freedom, liberty, and the free enterprise system.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:39 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,279,412 times
Quote:
Last weekend Our Glorious leader said at a fundraiser that the price of a plate was $12,500 that we are a basically ignorant people who have become blinded by our fear of what he is doing to us. He said that on Thursday, I think, and his score of approval has gone from -19 to -10 today on Rassmussen. I wonder how many lefties they had to call three days ago to get his number that low. For those who don't know, that is the lowest number in over a year. People are starting to love him because of their ignorance, I guess.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™
Rasmussem is a known conservative-leaning polling group that has been criticized many times for the way they word their polls to get the results they want to get. So is any any wonder that liberals don't get excited over any Rasmussem polls you link here?

Old 10-19-2010, 09:02 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,178,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What kind of food was served?
Probably the normal canned ham, canned green beans and mashed potatoes fresh from the box.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Duuuuhh!!!! Roy, since you are quite immune to sarcasm, how about I get direct: so what! You don't need an almightly link to know that Obama and things Democrat are a bad smell in Washington and elsewhere. You are like one of those old monarchs who accepted the evidence of a bowed head as proof of your highness although the head was bowed because one of your stooges had a chain mail glove around the penitents throat. The right wing hatchet job on Obama's administration has been nothing short of alarming in its intensity and you accept this as proof of Obama's incompetence and/or unfitness... more fool you. When and if the tide changes and your Republican saviors get back at the controls you will see incompetence and unfitness. You will deserve the trainwreck of humanity that will result when the slash and burn policies go into place. Sadly, I think you will escape the worst of it because you were fortunate enough to be born early enough to be aged out of the most at risk demographic. That, mostly, is what empowers pundits like you to harp from the sidelines. Distance. You have no dogs in this fight so you have no stake in the outcome.

H
I see that you didn't open that link either. Maybe if you did that now and then you could find that you really aren't what you want to be either. This link pointed out that Obama had come down from -19 to -10 in one day. Of course, I check those things daily and have some idea what goes on on the various Rasmussen polls.

I have three dogs in this fight, lady. Two sons, 30 and 26 and a wife who is 61. Yep they will still be around for Obama's crowd to torture with their crap although I may not. I guess you know that I didn't get my COLA raise last year or this year. Not enough inflation say the Obamas, but I say that it is just the beginning of what they intend to do with seniors in this nation.

Since you failed to read the link let me tell you that this thread is about this man calling his enemies (me as one of them) ignorant and scared of him. Scared, yep, but ignorant, nope.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:14 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,895,203 times
Quote:
Last weekend Our Glorious leader said at a fundraiser that the price of a plate was $12,500 that we are a basically ignorant people who have become blinded by our fear of what he is doing to us. He said that on Thursday ...
Truth be known? .. It was the scared and the ignorant that voted him into office ..

Old 10-19-2010, 09:22 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,183,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The wealthy liberals are very angry with Obama, they were hoping for the Carbon Tax through cap and trade... they had invested BILLIONS of dollars into taxing Americas and giving it to these aholes, the wealthy liberal group... that's why rich democratic donors have not been giving money cause they are mad that their scheme to STEAL from Americans with Cap and Trade didn't get fulfilled... I don't shed a tear for them... these are the true traitors of America...
...yet, they have become the real, bitter clingers.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
and I'm busy clinging to freedom, liberty, and the free enterprise system.
As old Ben Franklin said, those things are ours as long as we can keep them and the upcoming election will determine how long that will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies