Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
Republican 15 25.42%
Democrat 16 27.12%
Independent 10 16.95%
Mixed 1 1.69%
Other 8 13.56%
None 9 15.25%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2010, 11:27 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,588 times

Advertisements

I personally consider myself a Repulican mostly because I agree with them more on social issues such as gay marriage, abortion and illegal immigration etc. The thing I would probably most disagree with them on is taxes. The Bush tax cuts for the wealthy NEED to be expired in order to help our country, but the majority of Republicans seem to think otherwise.
But now that I think about it, I'm starting to trend towards considering myself an Independent maybe.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 11:29 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,220 times
I'm ultra-liberal or, as Fox News would say, Communist.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:54 AM

2,652 posts, read 8,581,045 times
I don't buy into the party system. It has been corrupted so much that it's transformed America into a "Us vs Them" mentality.

I would designate myself as a conservative liberal. It's a new political spectrum I thought up. I hold TRUE conservative values, not the values Fixed News tells people they should have.

For instance, most Republicans/conservatives say they strongly support the Constitution, and they support a limited government. But then they use the government to further their agenda. As a true Constitutionalist, it doesn't matter whether I personally agree with gay marriage or not. The fact is the Constitution doesn't enable the government to get involved in marriage of any sort, so they should stay out.

I'm liberal in that aspect. I also don't support never ending wars and the spread of our empire. We haven't legally gone to war since WWII, and if we followed the Constitution we wouldn't have nearly all our current problems. If you want to smoke weed in your house, go for it. Just don't bother anybody, or become a burden to society.

Is everyone entitled to healthcare? Sure, but the government isn't going to buy it or pay for it. There also won't be any collusion between any industry/corporations and the government.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:10 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
I choose other but if I had a full frontal lobotomy I could see myself being a {R}

Old 10-16-2010, 12:24 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
I'm a reluctant Democratic voter. I'm not in love with the Democrats but the Republicans don't represent me in any way whatsoever. On the contrary, they represent everything I hate: religious superstition, anti-intellectualism, jingoism, xenophobia, homophobia, and an inexplicable (for those claiming to be Christian) love of war and torture. (They love war so much they have even gotten into the habit of justifying and glorifying old Democrat wars which Republicans opposed at the time!)

I don't favor government affirmative action, which is probably the biggest divergence I have with most Democrats and the closest I could come to agreeing with a Republican point of view. But when the proposal to prohibit it was brought up in Michigan in 2006, the Republican candidate for Governor caved even on that.

Come to think of it there is one thing I fully agree with some Republicans about: they should secede from the United States!

Old 10-16-2010, 12:27 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
I put "none" I don't belong in any political party... I vote for whoever has the BEST plan... not rhetoric, not hype, and not ideology... these things matter to the typical voter like djacques who pretends to think that they are independent... labeling ALL republican as religious, anti-intellectual, etc etc should already tell you a lot about that person...

Old 10-16-2010, 05:08 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
I'm ultra-liberal or, as Fox News would say, Communist.
No no! That's "Progessive," a new dirty word!

Old 10-16-2010, 05:15 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
I'm 100% independent i will not follow any party lines, I vote for the person i feel is best in line with my beliefs.

Old 10-16-2010, 05:48 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
I'm a Ninth Amendment Party member - actually, I'm chairman of the NAP.

I take a NAP position on most issues.

Old 10-16-2010, 05:56 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I put "none" I don't belong in any political party... I vote for whoever has the BEST plan... not rhetoric, not hype, and not ideology... these things matter to the typical voter like djacques who pretends to think that they are independent... labeling ALL republican as religious, anti-intellectual, etc etc should already tell you a lot about that person...
Name one who isn't and who doesn't pander to voters who are.

You want the "best plan"? Best plan to do what? The function of "ideology" is to answer that question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies