Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 07:02 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
boy do you have a lot to learn. Maybe the "poppy" in your name is getting to you. Most poor whites do not even vote, or many do not and many are Democrats. Where are you getting the idea poor whites vote Republican? Many hard working whites do vote Republican, many without formal educations also do, but these people are anything but poor. I know, I have lived around many of them. All you have to do is look at the poor white areas of Los Angeles, if there are any left (most are not white anymore) to know they don't vote and if they do they are not Republicans.

Nita

Poor whites do vote, and it's fact the poorest and least intelligent states in the nation are also the most heavily republican, while the most intelligent are heavily democrat. Why the poor whites are so heavily republican is beyond me, most likely the lack of education and intelligence has something to do with it.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:06 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
i'm sure there are plenty of historical reasons. one factor in my mind, is how the Republican vs. Democrat difference is mainly rural vs. urban. People in cities vote democrat in far larger numbers, regardless of race or ethnicity.

American Jews tend to be urban, so it stands to reason that they'd be mostly democrats.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I am sure Jews are smart enough to make a good choice who to vote for. Some people act like they don't have a clue.
Voting in the US is picking the lesser of two evils anyways. The two party system is a joke for a western civilization, but I guess most Americans would be overwhelmed with more than that.
you do not live in our country so you know very little about what you say. Europe is doing so well right now,WOW!!! At least we haven't gone bankrupt yet, we don't have rioting in the streets and we don't have nutty people setting fires all over our country.

Nita

Old 10-20-2010, 07:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Poor whites do vote, and it's fact the poorest and least intelligent states in the nation are also the most heavily republican, while the most intelligent are heavily democrat. Why the poor whites are so heavily republican is beyond me, most likely the lack of education and intelligence has something to do with it.
sure, like Ar is Republican for starters. It is anything but!!! The areas here that lean Registered Republican (I said registered) are here in the NW where many of the people work for national corporations or are retired and very well educated I might add. I have lived in NM, TX, the DC area and Ca, no, many poor whites as well as poor blacks do not vote. This is not saying none and 2008 the poor blacks voted because they were bused to voting places and influenced by ACORN. I will also add, this isn't meant to attack blacks, I am referring to the word "poor".

I find your referance to education and intelligence plain stupid!!! Within my own family we have doctors, engineers, teachers, nurses, CPA, computer programmers, etc: all educated and all Republicans. This goes back to my fathers day and before. The only Democrats were my grandma and my aunt and yes, my grandma had a college education. It works on both sides of the fence.

Are you going to tell me people like Monica Crawley and Condi Rice are not educated or are you saying they are not really Republicans? If you are talking about education as in Ivy League schools, Berkeley, and Stanford where to be a professor you almost have to sign a statement stating you will teach only from the left side, yes, most are Democrats. At least until they grow up.

Nita

Old 10-20-2010, 07:26 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you do not live in our country so you know very little about what you say. Europe is doing so well right now,WOW!!! At least we haven't gone bankrupt yet, we don't have rioting in the streets and we don't have nutty people setting fires all over our country.

Nita
I live in Germany and its doing GREAT!!! Less and less unemployment, 2nd biggest exporter, growing economy. So what were you saying?

You don't live in Europe, but you seem to know soooo much about it like your little ignorant rant shows.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:32 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
By definition, all Jews should be conservative Republicans, if for no other reason than for the sake of their continued existence. The fact that the left aligns itself with radical Islam should be enough to persuade Jews to vote Republican because ultimately the Communist left-wing Democrats will be the Jews' undoing should they allow radical Islam to succeed in bringing about a second Jewish Holocaust. Do Jews not realize that by voting Dem they're essentially voting themselves back into the gas chambers? Thoughts?
Voting themselves into gas chambers?

I have some thoughts for you.

The fact that you have equated gas chambers and voting Democratic, shows that you have absolutely no concept of the Holocaust. I find that both ignorant and pathetic. You have managed to disrespect those who have survived it. Nice job. Of course, people with that same little (and I mean little) thought process have absolutely no interest in Israelis unless they think they can spread fear and propoganda.

To say that the Democrats side with radical Islam is also ignorant. Especially considering the alignment of the Republicans with Saudi Arabia. More specifically, look up the House of Saud/House of Bush connection.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:37 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Honestly for the life of me, I have no clue why Jews vote democrat.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:38 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Because they're smart

Old 10-20-2010, 08:00 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Here's a hint...and from a Jewish American, no less!

People (and for the record, I mean all people, not one particular race/ethnicity/religious group/etc.) tend to vote for their interests. Or at least what they perceive to be their interests.

I live in New York City. To vote for a Republican--which party has about as much use for my hometown as Hitler did for Poland--is just plain contradictory to practically everything I believe.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:43 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
note to Jews... this ain't your grandfathers democratic party
Note to the apparently out of touch with reality right: Today's GOP ain't your grandfather's Republican party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies