U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 11:23 PM

10,005 posts, read 9,002,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
By definition, all Jews should be conservative Republicans, if for no other reason than for the sake of their continued existence. The fact that the left aligns itself with radical Islam should be enough to persuade Jews to vote Republican because ultimately the Communist left-wing Democrats will be the Jews' undoing should they allow radical Islam to succeed in bringing about a second Jewish Holocaust. Do Jews not realize that by voting Dem they're essentially voting themselves back into the gas chambers? Thoughts?
1. I don't think you can equate Democrats with Nazis, radical Islam and Communism.

2. The GOP so totally dominated by the Christian Right that every minority religion, not just Jews, votes Democratic.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:49 PM

6,111 posts, read 5,066,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Having an elistist attitude is no plus. You are not fully educated until you read the bible and understand it. Having head knowledge is no big achievement in the world without having God given knowledge. It just makes one high minded and having no common sense of what is real. Getting a taste of the spirit world which the bible opened up another dimension to the senses gives one the reason why we are here and doesn't give an elitist attitude to your fellow man.

Men will always run after power and money but they are poor in spirit and lack true knowledge of what is really going on here.

I have a question. If I am to read The Holy Bible , whose Bible should I read? Should it be the KJV (King James Version) created at the behest of King James the First (If you are English) the Sixth (if you are Scots) aroung 1600. How about the Latin or Vulgate Bible used by Pope Benedict XVI and the Catholic Church and revised and handed down from the first Pope St Peter himself. How about the Bible handed down by St Kyrill and used by the Patriarch in Moscow? How about the bibles used by the many small Christian churches in Ethiopia, North Africa or the Middle East(Copt, Assyrian, Chaldean, Armenian, Georgian Maronite, Greek etc). What about the Book of Mormon? Is one better than the other ? Does God favor one version over the other lessor texts?

Old 10-21-2010, 06:41 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,639,292 times
It's very simple. Jews don't evangelize. It's against their faith. The Republican party is 3/4ths evangelism.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:35 PM

21,640 posts, read 11,090,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Well I will have you know that I'm a Christian and have been for 40 years. I'm quite knowledgable about the bible and that is something that you obviously are not.

In His sermon on the mount Jesus describes the Christian as being "Poor in spirit" He also promises that this person who is poor in spirit is "Blessed". Then He makes a promise to those Who are Poor in Spirit. "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

The religous right has proven over and over again that they are no more Christian than a stone. They heap scorn on the head of Jesus and I abhor them to the max. Never once in the entire new testament is it mentioned that Christians are to change the secular society that they are living in. None of the followers of Jesus railed against the horrible perverted society that they were living in at that time. We are only instructed to preach the gospel and God will bring people into His kingdom one at a time.The kingdom of God is not of this world and the Christians that think it is should read the bible and find out that the only people that the Lord had harsh words for were the religous leaders of the day.
Those that seek the kingdom of God and the believer who are poor in spirit will be blessed. Those that are NOT in the spirit(born again) are not of the spirit. They are the natural man who lacks spirit. We are more spirit than flesh. Those who walk in the flesh are poor in spirit.They are dead to the spirit of God. Those who are in the kingdom of God that are poor in spirit will be blessed. A huge difference.

We are to judge righteous judgement here. We are to be in the world but not of it. We have a responsiblity to those who do not see . We are to watch the signs of the times , to have knowledge just as John preached to the world , we are to take up that same message that Jesus preached. Jesus said he came to divide, mother against daughter because of his message of truth. We are to say even the hard things of this world. If we do not, the salt loses it savor and trodden down by men.Those who are not in the kingdom are in condemnation. You judge me with your words. God will judge us both.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:18 PM

10,024 posts, read 10,539,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Those that seek the kingdom of God and the believer who are poor in spirit will be blessed. Those that are NOT in the spirit(born again) are not of the spirit. They are the natural man who lacks spirit. We are more spirit than flesh. Those who walk in the flesh are poor in spirit.They are dead to the spirit of God. Those who are in the kingdom of God that are poor in spirit will be blessed. A huge difference.

We are to judge righteous judgement here. We are to be in the world but not of it. We have a responsiblity to those who do not see . We are to watch the signs of the times , to have knowledge just as John preached to the world , we are to take up that same message that Jesus preached. Jesus said he came to divide, mother against daughter because of his message of truth. We are to say even the hard things of this world. If we do not, the salt loses it savor and trodden down by men.Those who are not in the kingdom are in condemnation. You judge me with your words. God will judge us both.
I'm not judging you in the least. I'm just pointing out that you obviously do not understand the Sermon on the mount. In the sermon Jesus is referring to believers as "poor in spirit". In your post you use this discription to refer to those who are nonbelievers. That is factually correct as all the sons and daughters of Adan are in that condition but it's only the Christian who knows it and as the next beatitude teaches, mourns over it.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:24 PM

10,024 posts, read 10,539,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
A lot of it is family tradition. This is changing slowly because of Obama's anti-Israel policies. Although I heard of a Rabbi at a popular NYC temple who talked about how he favored the ground zero mosque. He then got a standing ovation. When I hear things like that it makes me no longer want to affiliate myself with the Jewish religion I was born in. I relate more to the Christian right and their values even if I don't believe in Jesus.
OK, I'm calling you on that. Let hear them. "Obamas anti-Israel policies". I'll bet you won't respond to the challenge because these policies are a figment of your imagination.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:27 PM

15,587 posts, read 23,149,587 times
Quote:
...How many red neck Jews have you met?? How many good ol boy Jews???...
John Goodman? Judah Benjamin?

Old 10-21-2010, 08:29 PM

21,640 posts, read 11,090,230 times
Quote:
I'm not judging you in the least. I'm just pointing out that you obviously do not understand the Sermon on the mount. In the sermon Jesus is referring to believers as "poor in spirit". In your post you use this discription to refer to those who are nonbelievers. That is factually correct as all the sons and daughters of Adan are in that condition but it's only the Christian who knows it and as the next beatitude teaches, mourns over it.
I understand the beatitudes. It is for the believer who are in the kingdom. My words of poor in spirit or dead in spirit is to the ones who do not know the spirit man nor can they understand the spirit man. they are the natural man and cannot understand the word of God because they are void of the spirit of God in them . The Holy Spirit that teaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies